Its Over!... Kinda... Mostly...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Its Over!... Kinda... Mostly...

Postby Quatermass » Tue May 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Del wrote:Loooooooooooved Civil Protection :lol: Made me lol.

Thank you. :)

Sorry, I was worried I had pissed you off in the Chopper thread. That's why I was posting. I'm a paranoiac.

Anyway, I was distracted just then. Short version, I've just finished watching the David Tennant stories of Doctor Who, and just started on the Eleventh Doctor's.

raptornx01 wrote:I hate you, Q. because of you i spent most of the weekend marathoning Freeman's mind (well, mostly. up to ep 34 so far) i hadn't seen it before.

(or should i be thanking you?)

Well, depends on two things: your social calendar and your internet download allowance. But Freeman's Mind is excellent, so yeah, I guess you could thank me. :| :)

meerkat wrote:All we needed was someone called Jimbo Bond and the set up would have been complete!

Ooh, why do we need Bond here? He blows sh** up at parties, he's a literal and figurative ladykiller, and according to Alan Moore, he's both an inept spy and a habitual rapist. :| :lol:
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby meerkat » Tue May 01, 2012 12:27 pm

A fine upstanding pillar of the community then! :lol: ;)
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue May 01, 2012 12:30 pm

Or thinking laterally (as a J ;) ) there's always MIB... :shifty:

"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Del » Tue May 01, 2012 12:34 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well THANK YOU JAN! Now I have that song stuck in my head!

Went shopping with Morgan Sunday afternoon. Spent ages in the supermarket. Do you know how HARD it is to find full fat dairy?????

It was like when you look up in the sky and suddenly everyone is doing it.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

We were in the yoghurt section checking the fat content. All were 3% fat (well the dairy people have done a darn good job there!) We found two that were over 3%. See, we stood there and started checking... showing each other.... people were rushing by grabbing yoghurt, in a rush... then gradually they started looking sideways... looking at the label... looking at the rest of the yoghurts.... picking up another yoghurt... checking the label... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheeses were the same.

When I mentioned it to my dieting girlfriend she said "Okay! I want a list of EVERYTHING you bought! So I don't buy THEM!" :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Quatermass » Tue May 01, 2012 12:36 pm

meerkat wrote:A fine upstanding pillar of the community then! :lol: ;)

Well, let's just put it this way. In that graphic novel (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: Black Dossier), the heroes are Allan Quatermain, Mina Murray, and a golliwog. Yes, you heard that right. While the villains are James Bond (a rapist, rather inept as a spy, and a traitor), Bulldog Drummond (a racist thug), and Emma Peel (or Night, being a bit bi***y), ordered around by Harry Lime, the current M.

BTW, not a book to read unless you can stand a lot of sex, violence, and references to stories from less politically correct times. You have been warned. But the same can go for the rest of the series of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. :hand:

Anyway, hope things go well for you, Del. :)
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Del » Tue May 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Q wrote:Anyway, I was distracted just then. Short version, I've just finished watching the David Tennant stories of Doctor Who, and just started on the Eleventh Doctor's.

Just finished watching the final of the last series on ABC tonight. Matt Smith. The one where he m........ SPOILERS! :twisted:

I have to agree with whoever said something about Matt Smith.... after watching them again I DO think he embodies a Doctor who is OLD yet YOUNG at the same time.

Have fun Q.

(wish I had a larger download limit or I would be downloading others of that one you posted Q)
Del

Postby Quatermass » Tue May 01, 2012 12:45 pm

Del wrote:
Q wrote:Anyway, I was distracted just then. Short version, I've just finished watching the David Tennant stories of Doctor Who, and just started on the Eleventh Doctor's.

Just finished watching the final of the last series on ABC tonight. Matt Smith. The one where he m........ SPOILERS! :twisted:

I have to agree with whoever said something about Matt Smith.... after watching them again I DO think he embodies a Doctor who is OLD yet YOUNG at the same time.

Have fun Q.

(wish I had a larger download limit or I would be downloading others of that one you posted Q)

It's fine. Civil Protection is funnier if you played the game it was based on (Half-Life 2), which I haven't. But one of them, The Tunnel, isn't funny, or at least not after a certain point. It's scary. As in, you-will-have-nightmares-for-a-while scary. You have been warned. Don't watch it, unless you really like psychological horror. That episode makes the Weeping Angels and Vashta Nerada look tame.

And Halloween Safety has a rather gruesome ending. I recommend Aliens and Morning Patrol. They're the funniest. In fact, I'll post them later in the YouTube thread. :)

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Del » Tue May 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Do that.

Love a good laugh.

Love psychological horror too.... more so than blood and guts. Though I am a bit of a scaredy cat. Took me decades to watch Aracnaphobia. Still didn't like it.
Del

Postby Quatermass » Tue May 01, 2012 12:55 pm

Del wrote:Do that.

Love a good laugh.

Love psychological horror too.... more so than blood and guts. Though I am a bit of a scaredy cat. Took me decades to watch Aracnaphobia. Still didn't like it.

Well, I won't post The Tunnel. If you do ever watch it, watch it during the day. And quite frankly, it'd be better if you didn't.

Anyway, YouTube thread. Watch that one for the vids. ;)

-the Master
Quatermass

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum