Why should I visit you?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Why should I visit you?

Postby Conforumist » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:38 pm

This is the thread I was referring to in the "Postcard thread".

I have thought of doing this for a while. We try to travel twice a year. So, I thought I would ask all of you, what you like, or what is special about the area you live in.
Our current plan is "Paris", but I like to play things by ear and if I see a really good deal, which I can't turn up, I'll go somewhere else. There are just so many amazing places on the planet to see.

And if there are reasons, or seasons for us "not" to visit, that would be great too! We will be traveling around September/October.

I'm really looking forward to y'alls input.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Re: Why should I visit you?

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Where have you all been already?
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Conforumist » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:47 am

We have been to, part of Germany, near my home town; a bit of Belgium and Luxembourg; London, Italy, NYC: May not be relevant but, Dom Rep, Mexico, Cuba, Florida. I've been to Vegas and a bit of California.
Conforumist

Postby jaznbonnie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:04 am

Have you been to Napa Valley yet?
Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
jaznbonnie

Postby Mrs Ogg » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:56 am

Australia is great :) we are in Queensland at the moment and the theme parks and beaches are fantastic!
Mrs Ogg

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:06 am

Yeah, but you might suddenly find yourself, without warning, face-to-face with Del. ;)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Conforumist » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:20 am

jaznbonnie wrote:Have you been to Napa Valley yet?

No, just around the Orange County area for about 5 days. I did not see to much there either, since I was in training quite a bit. I did got to Disney Land though.
Conforumist

Postby eric » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:37 am

Wilson's Prom, Victoria, Australia.
1.jpg

Pristine water, amazing beaches and comparatively low levels of dangerous wildlife.

But if you are after something with a bit more civilization, Melbourne certainly has its charms.
eric

Postby meerkat » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:51 am

Come to God's Own County- Yorkshire!
We have moors, Dales and beautiful waterways, snickleways and little passageways and the smallest street in York with 1 and 1A buildings only! There are more beautiful relaxing inns and pubs than you can shake a stick at and then of course there are the bird sanctuaries and of course where would Yorkshire be without Whitby, Scarborough, Filey etc, we have some of the best National Trust Big and I mean big Houses and also glorious ruins from where Henry 8th tried to wipe out the Religious Buildings. We have York Minster, get in free at Service times, and in February we are invaded by Vikings for the better part of a fort night followed by a glorious boat burning at the York Race Course. Did I mention we have a racecourse or two? Beverley and York are but two. Come and look round our varioius museums; we even have a quilting museum!
The folk are wonderful and friendly and if it all gets too much there is Betty's for a cup of coffee or my favourite eatery Baileys by St Mary's. And find out what proper English food is like up here and just how big the servings are!!
Get out of your car and onto a bus across the moors. Get out of your car and walk around glorious towns villages and cities.
Yep, it's wonderful up here.
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Joolz » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:54 am

Meers- The new ad writer for the Yorkshire tourist board

You could miss Yorkshire and head for Northumberland- better scenery and fewer tourists Castles, coastline and countryside Perfect :D
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Tiffany » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:59 am

You can't beat the West Country, Devon, Cornwall or Dorset, for fabulous scenery, sandy or not beaches, hidden coves, pretty towns, villages, good shopping, car boot sales, flea markets & all types of fairs, if that's your thing & good birding places & of course our moors, Dartmoor, Exmoor & Bodmin moor.

http://www.visitsouthwest.co.uk/

http://www.visitsouthwest.co.uk/destinations/devon/
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:23 am

Tiffany wrote:You can't beat the West Country, Devon, Cornwall or Dorset, for fabulous scenery, sandy or not beaches, hidden coves, pretty towns, villages, good shopping, car boot sales, flea markets & all types of fairs, if that's your thing & good birding places & of course our moors, Dartmoor, Exmoor & Bodmin moor.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!! :shock: Keep the grockles/emmetts* away!!!!! :lol:

*derogatory Devonshire (grockles) and Cornish term for tourists=unwanted visitors :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tiffany » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:40 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
Tiffany wrote:You can't beat the West Country, Devon, Cornwall or Dorset, for fabulous scenery, sandy or not beaches, hidden coves, pretty towns, villages, good shopping, car boot sales, flea markets & all types of fairs, if that's your thing & good birding places & of course our moors, Dartmoor, Exmoor & Bodmin moor.

Noooooooooooooo!!!!! :shock: Keep the grockles/emmetts* away!!!!! :lol:
*derogatory Devonshire (grockles) and Cornish term for tourists=unwanted visitors :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's only people who are native, (born & bred) to both counties, or live in popular tourist areas who use those terms. :lol: :lol:
Though I think most do welcome visitors now, tourism is very big business.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby raisindot » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Yeah, but you might suddenly find yourself, without warning, face-to-face with Del. ;)

Or Q. Or a poisonous spider/lizard/snake/flower/beetle/frog/berry/platypus/jellyfish. :D
raisindot

Postby ChristianBecker » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:08 pm

Don't forget the tree.

Which part of Germany do you come from, Con? No use advertising if you already know it.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Next

Return to The Broken Drum