How do you feel today? 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 3

Postby deldaisy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:HELP!! Augh, Tina hurts, Tina hurts so very bad in almost every part of her body. Oh wrong thread for that, right.

I had my upper spine epidural and life has been very interesting on the pain front. :evil: My family doc gave me some baby pain meds, tylenol #3...

Brad is my husband. Brad's band played out on Sat. night. I had an epidural in my neck on Tues, and made myself go to a bar... where I had to go, even though I really don't get on with the drummer and his "gang" of family and racing friends. I was argued with over his "Lazer pointer Array" shining in my eyes all night. I threatened to leave. Oh joy, this band is a plane ride to hell in a handbasket. The places where they play is in Rockford IL. Look it up in Forbes. More shootings per capita than ANYWHERE. I wear 32 decibel earplugs when they play, because stuff vibrates off the table, that isn't even high enough to save my hearing. Some bizarre guy pummelled me from behind and kept grabbing me by the shoulders from behind and shouting with beerstench right into my face... the more I tried to ignore this fart, the more he kept hollering. Argh!!

OMG! You poor thing. Where was Brad while all this was happening?

I remember the days when my hubby was a recording engineer/sound dude. I remember once just after we got married and this guy came up and asked me for a dance and started gyrating around me.... the band stopped in mid-song and just stared HARD at him :evil: :evil: :evil: Quick word over the PA from my new hubby... "Its okay guys... hes a very old pal of hers from her previous life... from the top now! :lol: :lol: " Then again the hubby always worked with top bands and they were all lovely blokes.

The groupies were a different matter.... one girl pushed past me once and ground her pelvis into my hubby's jeans and said "When's your break? Wanna do me and my girlfriend in the dressing room?" :o .... :twisted: I squeezed through and flashed my engagement ring/wedder at her and cooed all gushy like "I know! He's gorgeous isn't he?... but you see today is our ONE MONTH wedding anniversary isn't it darling!" and he gave me a kiss.... she reached over and guided his face back to her eyeline and said "Nice! WHEN is your break?!" What a RUDE young lady!!!!!! Shocked I was! :lol: :lol:

Chris: Sorry to hear mate..... need a hand with the razor hun?.... on second thoughts...... naaaaaaaaaaaaah! Use wax... all you have to do is warm those sheets in your hands and reach down and SLAP it in the general area, leave it for a minute or two and riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip it off! *rereads instructions*.... good luck with that!

I can understand you want to get out (cabin fever right?).... maybe next time you can go along when they play a better venue?

I have a cold... feel like there is a science experiment going on in my body.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby swreader » Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:04 am

BIG FUZZY GENTLE HUGS TINA!

I must admit that I feel really down tonight. To start off with, my dear friend and former co-owner of our store, Lynn called me back this morning to give me the news that the doctors now say her cancer is terminal (though she didn't mention a time frame). She is at home, in hospice care and her two daughters live in the same town, plus she has loads of family there. I was afraid from the beginning that this was coming--but I hoped (as she did) for a longer time. Anyhow--all positive thoughts and/or prayers for my friend Lynn will be greatly appreciated.

As for me--I hurt! The lymphedema has returned because I cannot apply pressure all the time--the silly things slip down my legs when I try to walk in them. So I now have a mass of small blisters on my left leg and a markedly swollen right foot and leg. And the surgeon says he doesn't want to operate (because of the risk) until I have lost weight (which I am working on) and the lymphedema is "under control". Unfortunately, since my recovery from the sinus infection it turns out I've had since the last surgery (causing the laryngitis) and a bad case of flu, the pain in both knees but especially the left (un-replaced joint--bone on bone) is no longer really being controlled by the pain medication. I see the pain doctor tomorrow, but I'm feeling somewhat lower than the pits. :violin: So, good thought for me, too.
swreader

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:30 am

:( I'm going to be there early in April, but it's so frustrating to be so far away at this time.

Lynn is a lovely lady. I've never actually met her face to face as she moved back to Wisconsin just before I started coming over - but I've spoken to her many times on the phone and had always hoped to meet her one day.

I wish her and, of course Sharlene, all the very best.

**HUGS**.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby spideyGirl » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:23 am

Aw HUGS SW! :romance-grouphug:
spideyGirl

Postby Dotsie » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:33 am

I hope your friend Lynn lives out the rest of her time in a positive and loving environment, with no pain. And I hope you get the help you need (good luck losing weight - I hate having to do that). Not long till you're with Tony again :)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby meerkat » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:17 am

HUGS and WARM THOUGHTs to your friend Lynn and warm HEALING HUGS to you, Sharlene.
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Conforumist » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:24 am

Is cortisone an option for your knees Sharlene? I know that one of my friends (senior lady) had a shot in her knee(s) and the pain went away completely. It's a pity she had to wait so many months to get it.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your friend.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:29 am

Conforumist wrote:Is cortisone an option for your knees Sharlene? I know that one of my friends (senior lady) had a shot in her knee(s) and the pain went away completely. It's a pity she had to wait so many months to get it.

I'm truly sorry to hear about your friend.

We've tried the cortisone injections with very little success. The damage is just too great at this time. :(
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:43 pm

(((HUGS))) to you both!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:01 pm

Hugs Sharlene! I'm so sorry about your friend Lynn. And I'm really sorry you're in pain again! I've discovered a great tool for tracking calories. It's MyFitnessPal.com. You can enter a current weight, your goal weight and it will provide you with a daily target calorie amount. If you don't want to track everything, which I realize is a drag, it's also a good tool to just give you an idea of how many calories are in different things. Hopefully you'll be able to have the surgery soon so that you can get some relief! And hopefully the time until Tony gets there passes quickly for you both. Hugs for you too Tony!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby deldaisy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:17 pm

((((((((( SHARLENE ))))))))

Its a Catch 22 isnt it... its not like you can exercise to lose the weight so you can fix the knee because the knee stops you from exercising. Its a bugger. So sorry to hear about your friend. Are you able to visit her? It sounds like she has a great support network around her at any rate.

Look, if you feel down.... just pop a sad face on here... you know we are all behind you, and if OUR wishes were anything to cure you or make you feel better you would be doing cartwheels naked down the main street of Tuscon..... which on second thoughts would offer you up a whole new series of problems... it being winter there and all. Okay... on second thoughts.. cartwheels with wooly undies and perhaps a nice wooly scarf and beanie. (They do say you lose most of your heat from your head after all)
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Penfold » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:18 pm

*HUGS* Sharlene. I hope something can be done about the pain soon and I'm sorry to hear about your friend Lynn.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby michelanCello » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Hugs to both you and Lynn, Sharlene!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby deldaisy » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:36 pm

Spent the day semi-conscious in bed. Alternating between sweating profusely and huddling under the doona shivering. My hair hurts. Everything hurts. My skin hurts. Tried a shower and that hurt too much. Everything spun when I stood up. Was too ill to cook dinner for the child so went out to get takeout.... and my clothes hurt to put on. Actually on my feet at last. Dont think this is a cold.

ON THE BRIGHT SIDE :D :D :D this was the day the review board met to make a decision about my legal aid. So I was far too sick to even give it a second thought. Havent heard anything yet.
deldaisy

Postby Catch-up » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:39 pm

Oh no. Sorry you're so sick Del. Sounds like the flu. Get lots of rest and remember to get fluids in.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum