How do you feel today? 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 3

Postby Toothy » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:50 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Take the mower back and by him a pair of long handled garden shears,think about all the make and clothes you could buy. :mrgreen:

Like your thinking there, Dug. :D I'd probably go for clothes rather than make up. (Don't wear all that much of the latter but thankfully, and for the benefit of mankind, I wear plenty of the former! :lol: ).

SJ, we're in £ rather than $ over here. Not that that changes the principle of everything you said which is true of anywhere if you go to the wrong counter in the wrong store. They all look normal, until you hit the brand name with the astronomical pricing. And what do they have others don't? Well, apart from the brand name... :roll:

Edited to add that Mr Totty has now decided he hasn't chosen the best lawnmower for his needs and is going to take it back to swap it for one costing another £50! *folds arms...tap, tap, tap* :roll:
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

Postby Conforumist » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:07 am

Phew, I'm feeling a little pooped today. I have not played golf in 2 years; it's a lot of walking; even with the cart we had.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:14 am

Conforumist wrote:Phew, I'm feeling a little pooped today. I have not played golf in 2 years; it's a lot of walking; even with the cart we had.

I've never played golf... didn't think you were the golf kind of person ;) Have a good rest!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Conforumist » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:43 am

I really enjoy the game actually. I have been played since I was about 20. It's just so expensive to play around here, I hardly ever go. It's about $65-$70 on average, to play a round. In Ottawa, it's only about $27 to play at a nice course.
Yesterday was free, with a steak for lunch and the course was pretty good. It really needed to be air-rated though.

Our team also had the "most honest" score (78), so we each got a $15 gift card for the liquor store! :lol: ...I gave mine to my father in-law. :)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Broccolee » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:07 pm

I tried to do lots of things today and ended up (as usual) just with doing the things i got round to.
Nevertheless,my day was fun.I started out tidying and clearing the two campies´suitcases.

Imagine two kids (11 and 13) spending a week in a summer tent camp.The weather was very british (actually the weather here was worse than the weather we had in London,so much for prejudices) and the caretakers are very good but they don´t really keep lists on who went for a shower and who didn´t,for instance.So when they get back i check them for ticks and other creepy-crawlies,send them to have a long hot bath and wash every stick they had on or with them as soon as possible.Sometimes wearing gloves. :mrgreen:

They do have a lot of fun though.But washing their stuff and wiping out the cases takes a bit of time!!Then I wanted to have a barbie with the kids but it was rather overcast.I´m not one to be scared off a barbie easily though,so we put up the sunshades and covered them with tarpaulins and had our barbie anyway.It started pelting down in the middle of it but it really was fun and more comfy than it sounds.Then we went in and I made chocolate waffles with the kids and had tea.
Now they´re snuggled up on the sofa after their bath and are watching Harry Potter 2 while Mummy is computering and periodically folding the washing that comes out of the dryer.
So all in all a very nice day!
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby michelanCello » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:01 pm

Glad to hear that, Broc! :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby ChristianBecker » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:43 am

Sounds nice. :D Partially.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Catch-up » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:11 pm

Sounds like a fun time Broccolee!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby spideyGirl » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:05 pm

What she said!
spideyGirl

Postby janet » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:52 pm

Golf: comedic definition: A good walk spoiled.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby wicked woman » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:21 am

Don't know, just think of the exersise value of jumping up and down and swearing. :lol:

Golf joke. A pastor was so addicted to golf that he rang in sick one Sunday and drove 20 miles to play a round where no-one he knew would see him. But God sees everything... St Peter was shocked and thought he should be punished, God agreed and at that moment the naughty golfer was lining up to start a 350yd hole. Wham, he hit a hole in one! All of 350yds! St Peter said "I thought you were going to punish him?" Think about it, said God, who can he tell. :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby ChristianBecker » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:25 am

:D
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:16 pm

Tired! Went to the dance class last night. I've discovered that I'm a lot like Dory when it comes to remembering dance steps. I can remember one small window at a time and the rest is gone. :roll: Still a great workout! I'm glad I joined, even though they were leaning on me hard about doing the parade! :? It's a large class, she asked for a show of hands to see who was planning on doing it and I think maybe 5 people raised their hands. She asked only a couple people why they couldn't come, I was one of them of course. And when I said "stage fright!" they started working on me. :shock: They picked me out like the lame calf in a herd. "They" being the teacher and her husband. They own the studio, he teaches the drumming classes, which Thing 2 is currently in. I just realized last night that the she'll be able to be in the parade with the drummers - she's been wanting to be in a parade her whole life! So, picture this, I take her there to be in it and I'm supposed to pull off not getting roped into dancing in it? Gak! :shock: :x
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:26 pm

Catch-up just tell them you can't be in it because, you need to be there on the outside waving and taking photo's of Thing 2 in the parade and that she will be soooooo dissapointed you are not there to see her, parental duties and all that. ;) :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:36 pm

Not bad! That might work Dug. Thanks! :D
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum