Frustration Thread 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby Catch-up » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks everyone! Got through yesterday with drugs and caffeine. :roll: Would happily take the garlic/whiskey/chili cure if there were any of the above in the house. Managed to get to the store to buy some soup because that was all that sounded good. Hot, liquidy stuff. But, when I finished with what I absolutely had to do, I snuggled down and watched the first episode of Sherlock, season 2. :D Didn't move at all. Today should be filled with mostly not moving too.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Del » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

EDIT ! :o

NOT laughing at YOU catch-up! I do hope you feel better soon. I was looking forward to a day of doing nothing too tomorrow but the girls are insisting on doing STUFF :roll:

The :lol: :lol: :lol: was about Penfolds updated Aussie map. :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:22 pm

Sharks with Frickin Lasers

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:54 pm

Me & Mr Dotsie hardly ever argue, and it's happened twice in the last week :? We've had some misery lately, but I don't know what to do about that, I guess things move on and we'll just forget about it and be fine. But it's making me feel a bit funny. Every conversation at the moment feels "tainted" with stress.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Del » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:06 pm

Aww gee Dots.. .I dont know what to say. Sometimes just getting out of the routine is a good thing. Go DO something you know you both like to do.... away from the place where its boiling up... like the house.

And I dont mean having it off on the village green either. . . . . . although...... :think:

Every couple goes through funks. Look at the bigger picture. Will it matter in ten years?

Hang in there hun.
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Dotsie wrote:Me & Mr Dotsie hardly ever argue, and it's happened twice in the last week :? We've had some misery lately, but I don't know what to do about that, I guess things move on and we'll just forget about it and be fine. But it's making me feel a bit funny. Every conversation at the moment feels "tainted" with stress.

Oh boy I know what that's like. Except my ex wouldn't argue, she'd just stop talking to me without telling me what I was supposed to have done. It used to drive me mental.

In the end I actually got to prefer the times when she wasn't speaking to me.

Dotsie - if you possibly can talk about it, then it's worth it - even if it's an uncomfortable thing to do. That's the way we learn about each other and come to compromises, rather than one person backing down. Pushing something to the back of your minds doesn't make it go away. It's still there leaking resentment and you can be sure it will resurface again eventually. :(
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:10 pm

Also - *HUGS* ;)
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:17 pm

yeah ((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))
Del

Postby Dotsie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:19 pm

Ta :) Actually it's the pushing things down that's causing this, but I'm not great at letting it all out, so if it's a big thing that needs to be let out, it's even worse! Mr Dotsie just phoned me about 2 minutes ago though, to say he's popping into the shops to get cabbage (for Muppet) and prosecco (for us :) ) and did I need anything. And he's taking me out tonight, after getting me a bit scuttered on the prosecco. So I guess we're both trying and that's what will keep us alright.

Maybe on the way home we'll try the village green thing... getting arrested would be something new for sure.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Sounds like you've got a 'keeper' there Dotsie. :mrgreen:
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:33 pm

:D And also, I'm choking up a bit :oops:
Dotsie

Postby Del » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:16 pm

OMG! Choking? Does anyone know the Heimliech Maneuver?
Del

Postby Batty » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:27 pm

Del wrote: Go DO something you know you both like to do.... away from the place where its boiling up... like the house.

I've an idea! As it's due to rain later on today, and for the next few days, I think Del's suggestion of doing something you both like is a good one. On the way back home from the restaurant (or wherever), get him wet and roll him in mud!
He'll thank you for it, later!!! :dance:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:39 pm

Del wrote:OMG! Choking? Does anyone know the Heimliech Maneuver?

I used to know the Heinken Maneuver - is that the same? :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:58 pm

Huge hugs for you Dotsie! I definitely know what you mean. We go through that too. It's really important to get things out. The longer you hold them in, the bigger the blow up will be. Trust me, I know. :shifty: You guys have been through a lot recently, it's totally normal to be stressed and tense with each other. Talk it out. Getting out is great too! You definitely have a keeper. :D

Del, it's ok! I meant to post a :lol: over the Aussie map too. Loved it!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum