Frustration Thread 3

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Frustration Thread 3

Postby Alanz » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:41 pm

Talk about frustrated today, I must have gone into 8 second hand Book shops and never found one Terry Pratchett book, If things don't improve i shall have to start buying them New :o , Still i'm hoping to get some for the old Birthday in November :pray:
Alanz

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Alanz wrote:Talk about frustrated today, I must have gone into 8 second hand Book shops and never found one Terry Pratchett book, If things don't improve i shall have to start buying them New :o , Still i'm hoping to get some for the old Birthday in November :pray:

Alanz, you can usually pick up a good cheap second hand copy from Amazon or the like. As I said previously - people seem to hold on to their Pratchetts like they were gold. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby ChristianBecker » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:47 am

I only ever found 2 second hand books (Small Gods (German) and Eric, I think). But then, I'm in Germany and I think if anything Pratchett fans are even less likely to give their books away here, since he's not that popular. Chances of finding a second hand English Pratchett novel are remote. :(

But then, I've had Christmas and birthday wishes for the past years. Some people complained that they can't always give me Pratchett books as a present. I assured them that they could and that I am more happy about a Pratchett book than I'd be about some stuff someone thought I might want.
Think I haven't bought a Pratchett in 10 years (for myself - I give them away as presents, though).
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Catch-up » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:15 pm

What is that about anyway? You tell someone what you want for xmas or your birthday and then they tell you it's the wrong thing to as for. :? I swear my lists are always reasonable. :shifty:

Once a friend of mine decided he was going to throw me a big birthday party. He called me up and asked what kind of cake I wanted, "I will make you anything you want!" He's an awesome baker. I told him my favorite kind of cake is carrot cake. Two beats of silence later he says, "Well that's fine for you but what about everyone else? I'm making you a black forest torte." :shock: :lol: Well, it was still delicious. I never turn down cake of any kind.

Still having uncharitable thoughts about being left with a wonky PC. Trying not to drift into mean and vengeful, but it may take retail therapy to avert that. I know! I can go to Ikea and accomplish both. I get to buy stuff and he'll have something to assemble when he gets back - right after he fixes my PC.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby ChristianBecker » Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:58 pm

If Michigan wasn't so damn far away from here, I'd take a look at it.
Hope you or "he" will get it fixed.
What does (or doesn't) it do?

ChristianBecker

Postby Alanz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:10 pm

I know what you mean Christean, although a couple of weeks ago i did find 6 Discworld books in a second hand shop for £1 each, no more since though, What i have done is left my Name with the shop and they are going to keep any that come in, so i'll keep popping in and we'll see.. :D
Alanz

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:34 pm

Alanz wrote:I know what you mean Christean, although a couple of weeks ago i did find 6 Discworld books in a second hand shop for £1 each, no more since though, What i have done is left my Name with the shop and they are going to keep any that come in, so i'll keep popping in and we'll see.. :D

When I see a bunch of the books like that, I wonder if the owner has died and the family are clearing out their stuff. :?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby ChristianBecker » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:30 am

Probably. But hasn't rjh recently sold all his TP stuff, too. Totally out of the blue?

ChristianBecker

Postby pip » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:43 am

He needed money for lego :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Joolz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:31 am

Signed off work til 22 November....Bored already :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Dotsie » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:15 am

You poor thing! (No smilies... I can leave my meaning as ambiguous :P )
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:43 pm

Joolz wrote:Signed off work til 22 November....Bored already :lol:

ive been off since september the 11th joolz and wont be going back until after christmas :evil: and day time telly is absolutely arse :( :(
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:52 pm

Get stuck into all those DVD boxsets, then!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Joolz » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:58 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Get stuck into all those DVD boxsets, then!!

Going to :D
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Del » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:10 pm

Gosh I wish had more time to read all the posts........... frustrating! Only on for a while. Need sleep. Been tidying and cleaning for two days (hard to tell!!!) since we have had our road resurfaced for the last three months and everything is covered in a layer of dust. But its "tidier" I knew the estate agent was coming today to do an evaluation and take pictures for the "For Sale" ad so wanted it nice but I was "rearranging the deck chairs" as they say instead of doing all that I needed to really do. I mean its OKAY but not up to my standards for pictures that will be all over the net. :roll:

So I finally finished the floral chair covers for the dining room chairs and new table cloths (gorgeous) and started on new curtains but have only done two sets of the room so two arent done (ugh!) and didnt finish the pelmets. So looking towards the kitchen is nice but yee gods he took pictures back towards my messy little box table near the computer AND the shoe tidy that was a downright MESS! AND I had my gorgeous new bevelled art deco mirror on the coffee table because I didnt have the stupidly ridiculous special fittings to hang it and that would have looked lovely up.

AND he took pics of my bedroom and I had only thrown my doona (douvet?) cover over the bed as I had just washed and dried it minutes before he came and it was crumpled.

Today I found out the price they are selling at :( Its damnwell cheaper than a unit or duplex and this house is on a massive block for this suburb. Bugger! I should make it look messy and horrible but I can't help myself if I have people wandering through it all the time. I DID find out it has termites though :twisted: so that may hold up a sale and you would have to be crazy to buy a house with termites (but some do). Not sure how bad it is. AND the back deck needs replacing. At least they should be fixing up the shower unit as we have had to use the bath for the last few months.

I am freaking out that it will be sold up really really really quick. The block alone is easily worth the amount they are selling it for :( . Only a few months ago two houses were sold in this street and they pulled the houses down and put up lovely new homes already. :( :(

AND the banks have just dropped the home loans rates YET AGAIN so everyone is frantically buying buying buying! :(

I may be moving VERY soon. :( AND my work exemption has just finished so I have to get back into full work mode again immediately. NO concessions to the fact I have to pack and move or be here for showings (they can come in without me being here). UGH!

UGH!

BUGGER!
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum