Welcome and Introduce Yourself 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Welcome and Introduce Yourself 4

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:18 pm

as above :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby ChristianBecker » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:34 pm

Hi there, dlr. Enjoy!
:mrgreen:
ChristianBecker

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:27 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Fluck.

Bouncy!! you almost made me spray a mouthful of tea over my keyboard when it tagged on the end in my head. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Penfold » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:32 pm

Hellooo and welcome from me too De Lona! :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Joolz » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:38 pm

Ditto :D
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:40 pm

Don't you mean De-tto ;)
I'll get me coat...
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Kin Arad » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Hello De!! :D
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:58 pm

De sounds German, somehow. :lol:
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby swreader » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:29 am

High Ho Silver! Don't be a stranger, Lona Ranger
swreader

Postby ChristianBecker » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:54 pm

Tonyblack wrote:De sounds German, somehow. :lol:

Yep, sounds just like my keyboard layout :mrgreen:
ChristianBecker

Postby Ridcully » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:31 pm

Conforumist wrote:Hi Ridcully! Welcome!

It's funny, our pastor was saying this morning that he attended a service in Alberta years ago. The church was made up of mostly Dutch folk. He said a tradition they have there, is to throw mints at the pastor, if the sermon is no good. Are you aware of this?

Also,
Can I ask where your forum name comes from? If it's something to do with a TP book, I have never read any. I'm just here to represent Canada eh! :dance: :flags-canada:

Hi Conforumist,
That is funny indeed as I have never heard of anything like that. Admittedly, I am not a churchgoer but still I would have known if this was really a tradition. So, in answer to your question; no, I am not adware .

My forum name indeed derives from several TP books. Amazing you have never read any. I imagine that it limits the topics for discussion on a TP based forum somewhat ;). Anyhow, Ridcully is 'Archancellor Mustrum Ridcully" and if you want to know more about him - give Google a shot. There's so much to be found on this particular character.
Finally; please do yourself a favour a pick up a TP book. :D

Postby michelanCello » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:34 pm

Ridcully wrote:

It's funny, our pastor was saying this morning that he attended a service in Alberta years ago. The church was made up of mostly Dutch folk. He said a tradition they have there, is to throw mints at the pastor, if the sermon is no good. Are you aware of this?

Also,
Can I ask where your forum name comes from? If it's something to do with a TP book, I have never read any. I'm just here to represent Canada eh! :dance: :flags-canada:

Hi Conforumist,
That is funny indeed as I have never heard of anything like that. Admittedly, I am not a churchgoer but still I would have known if this was really a tradition. So, in answer to your question; no, I am not adware .

My forum name indeed derives from several TP books. Amazing you have never read any. I imagine that it limits the topics for discussion on a TP based forum somewhat ;). Anyhow, Ridcully is 'Archancellor Mustrum Ridcully" and if you want to know more about him - give Google a shot. There's so much to be found on this particular character.

I think someone was being ironic back then... ;) Or were you being ironic just now? Or was no-one ironic? Or was everyone so ironic that we think it wasn't irony but in fact it was irony of all ironies... :shock:
Oh, headache...

By the way: nice avatar, Ridcully! :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Ridcully » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:35 pm

deldaisy wrote:Welcome to the forum Michael and Peter.

OHHHHH.... and a reminder to all our new members..... go to the link where Tony will stick a great big pin in your town.

AND..... register to the Birthday Thread where we throw cake at you and you buy all of us drinks on your birthday. :D

Ah, ... town. Right.
Oh God, you would not believe what I read the first time I read this Deldaisy... I almost choked (laughing that is) :oops:.
I'll register right away on the Birthday Thread. I love being hit by cake and buying virutal drinks for all around.

To all other new member - welcome and nice to see you! :violin:

Postby Ridcully » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:39 pm

michelanCello wrote:
Ridcully wrote:

Also,

Hi Conforumist,

I think someone was being ironic back then... ;) Or were you being ironic just now? Or was no-one ironic? Or was everyone so ironic that we think it wasn't irony but in fact it was irony of all ironies... :shock:
Oh, headache...

By the way: nice avatar, Ridcully! :D

Thanks michelanCello, this avatar is very special to me ;). Was I being ironic? I don't think so :o . Can you be ironic without knowing it yourself? Then, in that case, may be I was and I have hidden talents. Whoopie. Hurray. Or not? Now I'm confused as well. Ah, maybe I should just scream at someone as my namesake does. It seems to help him :D

Postby Conforumist » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 pm

Thanks Rid' (boy, 8 posts and you're already a contraction :))

Yeah, sometimes I don't know what's being said here; but it's mostly 'cos all of the Bits and Aussies here don't know how to speak English! :D

BTW,
I'm German, but my last name ends with "kamp". Maybe we're related?? :? I don't have the "Van" though.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum