The year in pictures (2012)

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: The year in pictures (2012)

Postby Batty » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:13 pm

I ended the story on Page 62.

I wrote:
Batty wrote:Funnily enough, I was talking to a man who once visited Brighton beach, who had a tale to tell.
He said that one day he was paddling in the sea when he became trapped in the sand, and tried to get help by waving at a man who was taking photos.
He then spotted a shark circling, and feared that as the tide came in he would be attacked by the shark.
Frantic with worry, he yelled and hoped that the photographer would return with a rescue party, but he waited in vain.
Just as he feared the worse, a woman ran into the sea, and took from her handbag a brick - which she preceded to hit the shark with!
The heroine then took out a nail file, dug the sand from off his shoes, undid the laces and told him to pull his feet free from the sand. After she led him to safety, she left him, all the while muttering 'Men!' under her breath...
He would like to thank the lady but has no idea who she is. The wind took her words away, but her name sounded like Dotty ...

... Unless you want to continue with it?? :think:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:16 pm

I think Penfold should put the pic in the local paper.... I want to find out who that man was!
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Penfold » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, our local paper does a regular spot for local photos and selects the best (editor's favourite) one to print each week. I have only entered one which did get printed so I have a 100% record in that respect. ;) :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Penfold » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:44 am

I managed my first walk of the year yesterday, covering roughly 10½ miles (17km) and lasting around 7½ hours with plenty of stops to admire the scenery and take pics. I still have to convert the photos to Jpeg format and tweak the exposures, but here are two that I rushed through last night to be going on with. :D

I also tried a new technique of taking 'panorama' photos (taking a series side by side and then 'stitching' them together in Photoshop to form one pic). I have no idea if they will work out ok but if it does, they will be posted later. Taking into account that I need to do a little more research on a couple of points of history and interest, I hope to get the full write up done in a couple of days. :D
Penfold

Postby spideyGirl » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:48 am

I like that last one Penners :D
spideyGirl

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:11 am

The light in those pictures is marvellous! It really IS Britain in the winter - if you know what I mean? :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Conforumist » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:08 am

Those are excellent Winter pics Pen'!

I'm really hoping (hint hint) the Aussie folk with post lots of pics, since it's "supposed" to be Summer there. (nudge nudge) ;)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Tiffany » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:40 am

I echo Tony, the light is fantastic, Penfold. Specially in the last one.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Penfold » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:15 pm

It was a lovely day but rather cold with brass monkeys running around looking for a welder. :lol:

I agree Con, we could do with some nice warming photos. ;)
Penfold

Postby michelanCello » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:42 pm

Really pretty, Penners! :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Batty » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:28 pm

Good pics, Penfold! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby deldaisy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Nah. Boring here in Australia.... hot. Raining. And when its not raining nothing to takes pics of cept half naked surf life savers and girls in tiny bikinis running around in the waves... and I am sure you all have seen THAT before....
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:53 pm

deldaisy wrote:Nah. Boring here in Australia.... hot. Raining. And when its not raining nothing to takes pics of cept half naked surf life savers and girls in tiny bikinis running around in the waves... and I am sure you all have seen THAT before....

No harm in reminding us though Del, 1 vote here for the girls in tiny bikinis ;)
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby deldaisy » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:03 pm

Bugger. I'm on my phone . Have to figure out how to reduce my pics on the phone so I can post some.
deldaisy

Postby Batty » Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:10 pm

deldaisy wrote:Nah. Boring here in Australia.... hot. Raining. And when its not raining nothing to takes pics of cept half naked surf life savers ....

How do save a surf??? :?: :doh:
Batty

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum