How did you find the Discworld

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jun 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:I believe twas Thief of Time. Isn't that the one about the clockmaker who makes "perfection". I know Rincewind was in it, and remember thinking "this is one confusing book", but ,I liked the way the author turned a phrase and in my book addict way, I bought The Colour of Magic and The Light Fantastic, and well, I have never bothered to remove the I.V. :twisted:

Thief of Time is the one with the clockmaker - but Rincewind? :? I don't think so.

Ahh, well, I thought Rincewind had a short bit about sliding down a mountain and meeting a Yeti, but, am always happy to be corrected.
That was Lu Tze. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Trish » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:18 pm

Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Ahh, well, I ... am always happy to be corrected.

I'm not. Probably start a war over it.

First book, The Truth in '01.
I had Canadian friends visit; the kind of people who bring their own books with them.

I had never heard of Pratchett. They rectified this immediately by buying me a book and reading me whole passages until I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe and they laughed so hard, no one understood what anyone else was saying.

Tried introducing my daughter (then 8 yrs) to the Bromiealad (wow, I spelled that wrong..) trilogy, but she'd have no part of it. Child refused to read 'age appropriate' books.

Following Christmas, I gave her the Hogfather and made her read it.
Then she stole all my Pratchetts until we gave 2 shelves over to him in the den.

She did a book report on which-Discworld-I-forget in 6th grade parochial school and they had a fit. She then did her remaining reports on Small Gods and Good Omens. Then the principal really had fits.

She's on Reaper Man now and I'm on Making Money.
Trish

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:21 pm

Trish wrote:
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit wrote:Ahh, well, I ... am always happy to be corrected.

I'm not. Probably start a war over it.

:twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum