The Third Person Thread - Part the first

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Docandie » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:08 am

Docandie promised pie - so here it is.
Docandie's "famous" pumpkin custard pie. (Many eggs, lots of heavy cream, not for the cholesterol conscious.)
I'm NOT overweight, I'm undertall!

My Blog http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/
Docandie

Postby meerkat » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:25 am

Meerkat is going to eat pie and thank her stars there is healthy things in said pie: cream, pumpkin, sugar, and custard all good for the body!

She thanks Docandi for her kindness in making said Pie! :wink:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby deldaisy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:43 pm

Doughnut Jimmy wrote:Doughnut Jimmy thinks this thread could be quite entertaining :D but she is confused by TonyBlack's comment because she thought he didn't like Igors?

:shock: :shock: SHE?

Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Doughnut Jimmy is a GIRL? :shock:

I never KNEW THAT!!!!! :shock:

Yes I. I said I and I make no apologies!!!!!
Silly thread talking like you are talking about "that other one"..... bit like men who talk about "thier little friend" .. the one they give names to.... like it was all THIER doing and they didn't have a thing to do with HIS decisions :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll let you get back to your strange little conversations now I will.

*runs out the door screaming behind her "I never liked the 70's decor, loved that 3 piece funky couch though, glad to hear the disco ball is staying and congratulations of the new job Joanne!"*
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Howondaland » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:11 pm

Yes I. I said I and I make no apologies!!!!!
Silly thread talking like you are talking about "that other one"..... bit like men who talk about "thier little friend" .. the one they give names to.... like it was all THIER doing and they didn't have a thing to do with HIS decisions :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll let you get back to your strange little conversations now I will.

*runs out the door screaming behind her "I never liked the 70's decor, loved that 3 piece funky couch though, glad to hear the disco ball is staying and congratulations of the new job Joanne!"*

That just made Joannes day :D
She was having quite a bad day and that little rant just cheered her right up and she totally agrees with "their little friend" bit :)

yum yum Docandie that cake looked delicious! Joanne see healthy eating just the same way Meerkat does :)

Joanne leaves the thread to go and play some loud music while she attempts to do some house work but she usually ends up doing more singing and dancing than actual work but it makes her a happy little camper. Before going she leaves some ear plugs and sweeties for everyboardie.
Where surveyers don't come back and mapmakers are found nailed upside down to a tree.
Howondaland

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:27 pm

deldaisy wrote:
Doughnut Jimmy wrote:Doughnut Jimmy thinks this thread could be quite entertaining :D but she is confused by TonyBlack's comment because she thought he didn't like Igors?

:shock: :shock: SHE?

Whhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Doughnut Jimmy is a GIRL? :shock:

Sorry Del you obviously missed the previous round of this confusion :?
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby Howondaland » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:15 am

*Tip toes in* Joanne sighs with relief that the thread is still here *tip toes back out again*
Where surveyers don't come back and mapmakers are found nailed upside down to a tree.
Howondaland

Postby Will of Lancre » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:29 am

Will is also relieved to see that the thread has moved up the page again. Will is a bit scared at the speed of this new place. :shock:

However, Will has been on message boards for long enough to know that initial gender confusions go with the territory. In fact, if Shakespeare had run out of ideas for plot twists in "As You Like It" he could have come to an Internet forum for inspiration. :D

Will is sure that the teething troubles of fitting in a long-standing crazy thread into an existing crazy forum are nothing that a well-balanced crazy Internet community can't handle. ;) (Will is aware of the apparent contradiction in that statement, but of course he means crazy in a *good* way). :)
A hoho, which is like a haha only deeper
Will of Lancre

Postby meerkat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:45 am

Meerkat is in full agreement with Will of Lancre. But this is a crazy forum and we are all harmless, more or less, so the newbies to our site should find a nice comfortable nest in which to snuggle.

Meerkat has noticed winter taking on a rather yucky warm tinge to it. Has anyone besides herself, noticed the phenomenonimon?
meerkat

Postby AuntyVague » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:25 am

Will of Lancre wrote:Will is sure that the teething troubles of fitting in a long-standing crazy thread into an existing crazy forum are nothing that a well-balanced crazy Internet community can't handle. ;) (Will is aware of the apparent contradiction in that statement, but of course he means crazy in a *good* way). :)

Aunty thinks the thread has shoe-horned itself in here quite nicely. Which, she thinks means that everyone is, of course, nicely balanced. Or at least similarly balanced :?

She hopes that Meerkat's winter gets a little less uncomfortably warm, but sadly all she has to offer by way of exchange is a soggy spring, so it's probably not much help :roll:
AuntyVague

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:21 pm

meerkat wrote:Meerkat is in full agreement with Will of Lancre. But this is a crazy forum and we are all harmless, more or less, so the newbies to our site should find a nice comfortable nest in which to snuggle.

Meerkat has noticed winter taking on a rather yucky warm tinge to it. Has anyone besides herself, noticed the phenomenonimon?

Doughnut Jimmy wishes to reassure Meerkat that it should be much colder tonight, might even get a frost with a bit of luck. :)
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby meerkat » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:25 pm

Noooooo! Meerkat is flabbergasted! She has yet to lag under her lodge due to size of spiders! :shock:
meerkat

Postby Slants Secretary » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Helen agrees that this winter is unnecessarily warm and she can not wait for the frost and snow to come. But being in the East Midlands they tend to stay fairly frost free for a while.

Helen went to New York for christmas last year in an attempt to have a snowy winter but it was clear blue sky and sunshine the whole time! :roll: She thinks she might have to move somewhere where it snows all year round.

Helen is similar to Joanne when it comes to doing house work with load music and the ultimate singing/dancing. Helen find that she tends to have wet feet whenever she washes the pots, dancing a little too much maybe?

Helen has got a thing for tortia wraps at the moment, she had chicken ones for dinner last night and tried fish finger ones today (its all that was in the freezer) and they turned out surprisingly nice :D

Helens off to do a bit of dancing now and leaves fish fingers for (((((((((everyone)))))))))
The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don’t think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Slants Secretary

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Tony is enjoying the warm winter in Tucson. Last year he missed all the snow in Cardiff, but his arthritis didn't. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Docandie » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:40 pm

Contrary to popular thought, Docandie's part of the desert, the "high" Mojave, is darn cold in the winter. Nighttime temps have been below freezing every night and daytime temps averaging in the mid-to-high 50s.
Supposed to be rainy on T-Day but clear for Black Friday. Docandie is not stirring out of doors until next week.
She drove past a shopping center where a bunch of people are already camped out for the Friday sales. They have to be nuts!
I'm NOT overweight, I'm undertall!

My Blog http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/
Docandie

Postby Danny B » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Danny B is looking forward to the snow falling, as well. He gets great enjoyment from the wild overreactions of the London based news media at the first sighting of the white stuff lying deeper than a couple of centimetres.

SKY NEWS ANCHOR: This just in from our brave weather correspondent...

CUT TO OUTDOOR REPORTER

OUTDOOR REPORTER: OMG! What is this strange white substance which covers pavements and makes things a little bit slippy?! SWEET MARY MOTHER OF JESUS, SOMEBODY SAVE US! THE SNOWPOCALYPSE HAS COME! WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

Danny B may have paraphrased slightly, but he really didn't exaggerate by all that much. :wink:

Danny B made a small edit, after making a typo on 'exaggerate'.
Carpe carpio*

* Correction - Carpio diem
Danny B

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum