Spelling when typing

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed May 13, 2009 12:16 pm

and technically Quirmy's roundworld 'template' did not write backwards - he did mirror writing which is even more nerdy - and he didn't use a mirror to do it either! It's really hard! :roll:

Actually there's a lot of evidence on da Vinci having a serious personality dysfunction and possibly he had a form of autism - despite having rich powerful patrons he was often destitute because of the rows he had with them. But man was he ever a genius! I'd love to have known him :o
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chris.ph » Wed May 13, 2009 5:35 pm

i used to write like that when i was a child :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed May 13, 2009 6:30 pm

Talking of writing backwards. My 'puter goes potty sometimes.

I'll go to post a message and instead of typing "hello how are you?" the cursor shoots to behind the first character and I end up with "?uoy era woh olleH".

Bizzare. :shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Batty » Wed May 13, 2009 8:52 pm

chris.ph wrote:i used to write like that when i was a child :)

So did I! I actually find it quite easy to do. I also learnt to read a book by holding it upside down when I was at primary school.
This comes in handy if I wanted to read something that was on my manager's desk. I could read it whilst I was talking to him!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed May 13, 2009 9:06 pm

:lol: I learned how to read upside down when I worked in a courtroom and I used to sit facing the lawyers - some of the notes I saw... :twisted:

Best one was a pair of opposing barristers who happened to be married.

Him to her - If you don't shut up soon you can forget going to the Savoy Grill tonight

Her to him - Loser - you'll be lucky to afford the chippie on what this creep'll be able to pay you once I've finished with him

Yes it was a divorce settlement... :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu May 14, 2009 7:21 pm

Dotsie wrote:As a very wise man once said to me, "It's a fine line between genius and special needs" :lol:

I like to think we are All entitled to our "special needs". Sometimes... mine is a Ghiradelli Chocolate and Caramel bar. :wink:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Batty » Thu May 14, 2009 7:53 pm

My special need is dark chocolate with red wine.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tiffany » Fri May 15, 2009 12:59 pm

My pooter once, decided to type it's own messages, it was really weird. :shock: :? I'd start typing & it would add words I hadn't typed. :shock: Luckily it didn't do that for long. I was getting really freaked out by it. :shock:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 15, 2009 1:29 pm

What was it trying to tell you? :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tiffany » Fri May 15, 2009 2:41 pm

I have no idea, Dotsie, it was really scary. :shock: The words that typed themselves were random. It has never done it again.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Perdita X » Fri May 15, 2009 4:21 pm

The ghost in the Machine 'n' all that - or possibly a sticky keyboard!
It's made of apples, well... mostly apples
Perdita X

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri May 15, 2009 7:11 pm

Or perhaps it was the ants - like the ones that Hex has.... :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Batty » Fri May 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Reported in today's paper.

Spotted on a Sunday lunch menu: 'Pan-fried breast of Woodgate farm children, stuffed with ham and cheese.'

... maybe it's a children's size portion??
Batty

Postby Sirandilas » Fri May 15, 2009 11:19 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Talking of writing backwards. My 'puter goes potty sometimes.

I'll go to post a message and instead of typing "hello how are you?" the cursor shoots to behind the first character and I end up with "?uoy era woh olleH".

Bizzare. :shock:

I think there was a virus floating around awhiel back that did that.

Try running an up to date Antivirus program

I do the teh thing as well as coudl instead of could

My computer is usually ok it is generally me who goes potty :0
Sirandilas

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum