Twurp’s Peerage ~ Forum Peeps Bio-pics

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Good uns guys! :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:46 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote::lol: Nice ones Kakaze and Sjoerd!

Funny how you can't seem to help stereotyping people - :oops: I had you down as an out and out metalhead Kakaze, but what class! Love Pachelbel :D

And Sjoerd - did you ever wear a gold suit when you were delivering mail? :wink:

:lol: Sadly not our uniforms are orange and black :wink:
On lofty Beysitoun the lingering sun looks down on ceaseless labors, long begun.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Polly » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:27 pm

Personal stats
Real First Name: PAULINE
Birthday: 9.1.1974
Occupation/Former occupation(s): ADMIN OFFICER FOR HIGH SCHOOL
Hobbies: READING, NOT CLEANING UP AFTER KIDS
Things you love: KIDS, BOOKS, EVERYONE ELSE OUT OF THE HOUSE WHEN NEW BOOK ARRIVES
Pet Peeves: EVERYONE IN HOUSE WHEN NEW BOOK ARRIVES

Insert piccies of you here! PASS

Comments about your picture(s): BEST NOT SEEN

Discworld and Pterry favourites list (you can have more than 1 if you want!)
Book: GUARDS GUARDS
Favourite passage: CANT REMEMBER
Character: NOBBY
Song: WIZARD'S STAFF HAS A NOB ON THE END
Pterry Quote: CANT REMEMBER
Quote from a book: CANT REMEMBER
Place in the books: BIERS

Your personal favourites (you can have more than 1 if you want!)
Colour: TURQUOISE
Food: CHICKEN CURRY
Beverage: DIET COKE (IT DOESN'T WORK!)
Flower: CHRISTMAS ROSE - WAS MY WEDDING FLOWER
Season: SPRING - I LIKE THOSE CRISP DAYS WHERE THE SUN IS OUT BUT IT'S STILL COOL
Book: FAR TOO MANY TO CHOSE FROM
Movie: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
Actor or Actress: CANT REMEMBER
TV Show: HOUSE, TRUE BLOOD
DVD or Video (Blue Ray – whatever): CANT REMEMBER
CD: TOO MANY TO HAVE A FAV
Singer/Band: MEATLOAF
Song: PARADISE BY THE DASHBOARD LIGHT
Fast Food Restaurant: WOULD RATHER GO TO NICE CHINESE
Board Game: MONOPOLY
Computer Game: SPIDER SOLITAIRE (EASY)
Musical Instrument: FLUTE OR SAX
Cologne or Perfume: DON’T WEAR THE STUFF
Things to do at the Weekend: READ AND SLEEP
Vacation Location: NEW ZEALAND
Word or Phrase: BUGGER! OR AT WORK "NO THERE'S NO MONEY"
Sport/athlete: ME PLAYING - BADMINTON WATCHING - ATHLETICS
Favorite quote: THE ONE ABOUT NOT JOINING A CLUB THAT WOULD HAVE ME AS A MEMBER - GROUCHO MARX?
Additional comments: I FORGET A LOT OF THINGS….

Your Profile/Adopted Character Info
Name and nickname:
Joined the forum on: CANT REMEMBER
Favorite posting place on the Forum: DEPENDS ON SUBJECT
Why did you choose that name/character?: SHORT VERSION OF MY OWN NAME AND EASY TO REMEMBER!
What made you register on this forum?: TO FIND OUT THAT I'M NOT ALONE!!!!!!!!

Tell us your ‘what if’s’
If you could be anyone/thing in one of the novels who/what would you be?: NANNY OGG
If you lived in Ankh-Morpork which trade/guild would you want to join?: GUILD OF BORING SENSIBLE PEOPLE WHO WOULD LIKE TO GO WILD BUT KNOWS THAT A HANGOVER HURST TOO MUCH TO LET GO
If you could go on a date with a character who would it be?: DEATH BUT ONLY COS HE'S COOL NOT FOR ANY WEIRD "DR HIX" KIND OF THING
If you were deputising for Death, whose soul would you most like to take – and why? GORDON BROWN
Polly

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:05 pm

Poor ole Gordy :lol:

Yes it was Groucho - brilliant for quotes :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:06 pm

Lady Vetinari wrote:A Pratchett quote I love: "Do I like riding out on end of the world apocalypses, dear?" "No, it brings on your trouble!"

I Love Mrs. War, she is just Da Bomb.

also... Favourite passage: This at least was true. Rincewind could scream for mercy in niniteen languages, and just scream# in another forty-four.
#This is important. Inexperienced travellers might think that 'Aargh!' is universal, but in Betrobi it means 'highly enjoyable' and in Howondaland it means, variously' I would like to eat your foot', Your wife is a big hippo' and 'Hello, Thinks Mr Purple Cat.' One particular tribe has a fearsome reputation for cruelty merely because prisoners appear, to them, to be shouting 'Quick! Extra boiling oil!'

Tooo funny Sjeord/Stuart.

I shall have to spend a day or two working on mine. There are too many twists in me to do it all in one go. *shrug*
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:17 pm

:lol: The first time I read it I rolled over the floor laughing (second, third, fourth and fifth time too) :D
On lofty Beysitoun the lingering sun looks down on ceaseless labors, long begun.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Catch-up » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:50 pm

How did I miss this all this time? Great pictures! Love the F1 pic Kakaze.
Catch-up

Postby kakaze » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:28 pm

Catch-up wrote:How did I miss this all this time? Great pictures! Love the F1 pic Kakaze.

Thanks!

I did it through http://www.driving101.com. It cost about $50 per lap and I got up to 158.5 miles per hour.

Good times! :)

I was going to use my Inca Trail photo, but I saw that pooh already used one and I'm a non-conformist.

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Funny how you can't seem to help stereotyping people - Embarassed I had you down as an out and out metalhead Kakaze, but what class! Love Pachelbel

I did listen to a little metal in high school, but I've always preferred classical. I also really dig Für Elise.
kakaze

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:37 pm

Für Elise! :D I love it and I could actually play it quite well on the piano at one time (when I was 10 - gave it up when I was 12 :oops: )
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby nattheweirdo » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Personal stats
Real First Name:Natalie, more nickanems then I can count. Nat mainly, and my mum calls me Nanny. Some strange people call me natalina/i or natwee.
Birthday:17th a[ril 1994
Occupation/Former occupation(s): pahaha no job for me :)
Hobbies:...er... depends what mood i'm in to be honest. I'm one of those people who'll start a new thing every other day then ditch it the next.
Things you love: reading, my boyfriend (how sad i know :lol: ), spening time with friends, ice skating, roleplaying, on the computer...
Pet Peeves: people who are arrogant, can't take it when they're wrong, sore winners, bullies, rascists, homophobes etc the list goes on.

Comments about your picture(s):

Book: Thud!
Favourite passage: (the fifth elephant page 418) 'Sam, I'm going to have a baby.'
Vimes head was full of werewolves and his automatichusbandly circuitry cut in ready to respond with 'yes dear' or 'choose any colour you like,' or 'I'll get someone to sort it out.'
Fortunately his brain itself had it's own snse of self preservation and, not wishing to be inside a skull that was stoved in by a bedside lamp, rewrote Sybil's words in white-hot fire across his inner eyeball aand then went and hid.
Character: Sam Vimes

Colour: blue currently
Food: have to say chocolate
Beverage: coke/water/oj
Flower: carnation
Season: autumn ...ooh lucky me :)
Book: Thud!
Movie: moulin rouge
Actor or Actress: Johnny Depp/Mel Gibson
TV Show: Friends
DVD or Video (Blue Ray – whatever): Moulin rouge or phantom of the opera :)
CD: Three cheers for sweet revenge by my chemical romance/ folie a deux by fall out boy
Singer/Band: my chemical romance / fallout boy
Song: at the moment? The meeting place by the arctic monkeys, but this is all subject to change
Fast Food Restaurant: Mcdonalds
Board Game: cranium, so much fun :D
Computer Game: sims 2
Musical Instrument: acoustic guitar, can't play but it sounds so pretty :)
Cologne or Perfume: pure poison
Things to do at the Weekend: spend time with friends, sleepover their houses etc
Vacation Location: I don't honestly mind
Word or Phrase: I say awesome too much Wink And I lvoe getting people to try and say Irish wristwatch fast. SO very funny, go on try it :)
Sport/athlete: ice skating
Favorite quote: my signature :)

Name and nickname: nattheweirdo
Joined the forum on:Aug 30th
Favorite posting place on the Forum: The Broken Drum
Why did you choose that name/character?: It's what i use for emails adresses and other usernames
What made you register on this forum?: looked cool

Tell us your ‘what if’s’
If you could be anyone/thing in one of the novels who/what would you be?: Sybil, 'cos she's awesome
If you lived in Ankh-Morpork which trade/guild would you want to join?: The guild of watchmen i think, formed by Nobby i believe?
If you could go on a date with a character who would it be?: Sam Vimes. I'm actually ashamed at how fast I typed that :lol:
If you were deputising for Death, whose soul would you most like to take – and why? In real life? My old chemistry teacher, I really don't much like her.

Anything else you'd like to share with us? I'm 15, I'm really rather odd. I'm proper devonshire, though I DO NOT speak like a farmer, a friend of mine form Birmingham suggested we sound like posh farmers! the cheek of it! I'm in year 11 at secondary school, which is the final mandatory year. For my optional subjects I took French, Spanish (I like languages, j'aime les langues, me gusta las linguas) and Food technology (which is a fancy name for cookery) in which I'm making cakes :D. I'm pretty intellingent academically, As and A*s, but rather dense in life quite often. I think I spend too much time on the computer. And it's true. :lol: In 3 days I'm going to Canada for two weeks :D to stay with family :)

About all I can be bothered to write, :)
Samuel Vimes is awesome - Simple as :)
~
Vetinari: Did you really just punch the head of
the assassins guild?
Vimes: Yessir
Vetinari: Why?
Vimes: Didn't have a dagger sir.
nattheweirdo

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:20 pm

Yo Devonshire! :lol:

Me too - born in Plymouth, but now living near Launceston so it barely count as Cornwall (as Devon is literally just over the border) so about 10 mins drive and I'm on the right side of the A30 :P . Quite a few of us on here live in Devon and Cornwall so you can talk like a posh farmer all you like me dear! :wink:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:22 pm

Good uns gals! :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Danny B » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:17 pm

Personal stats
Real First Name: Daniel
Location: Northumberland. The tatty, scruffy, former mining bit; not the gorgeous, rugged, moorland bit.
Birthday: May.
Occupation/Former occupation(s): Currently a full time carer for my disabled wife. I'm trained as a decorator, but hated it, so I've also been a security guard, waiter, barman, kitchen porter, cleaner, building site labourer and international fencer. (O.K. - I built fences north of the border in Scotland, but my way of saying sit sounds so much more dashing!)
Hobbies: Reading, writing, trawling the internet looking for stuff that makes me laugh, walking, listening to music, watching rubbish films.
Things you love: My wife, my family, my cat, music, cricket.
Pet Peeves: The Daily Mail, gardening, building up to a sneeze which never happens, stubbing my toes, when my cat hides somewhere ridiculously contrived - then leaps out in order to make me jump.

Insert piccies of you here!
Comments about your picture(s):
Pic #1:- Working. Pic #2:- Cleaned up for public consumtion.

Book: Night Watch, Nation.
Favourite passage: Carpe Jugulum - Pages
Character: Sam Vimes, Granny Weatherwax, Rincewind, Lord Vetinari, Nanny Ogg, Greebo, Sergeant Jackrum.
Song: The Hedgehog Song.
Pterry Quote: "Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil... prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon..." --- "Oh dear, I'm feeling political today. It's just that it's dawned on me that 'zero tolerance' only seems to mean putting extra police in poor, run-down areas, and not in the Stock Exchange."
Quote from a book: Johnny and the Dead - Suicide was against the law. Johnny had wondered why. It meant that if you missed, or the gas ran out, or the rope broke, you could get locked up in prison to show you that life was really very jolly and thoroughly worth living.
Place in the books: Dolly Sisters, Ankh Morpork. The descriptions of it in Thief of Time and Night Watch remind me so much of the town I grew up in.

Colour: Blue
Food: Roast chicken, bacon, potatoes (chipped, boiled, mashed, roasted - whatever), onions, bread, leeks, pies, pasties, broccoli and Yorkshire puddings for savoury. Treacle pudding, doughnuts, fruit cake, chocolate, cheesecake for sweet. (As you may notice from the volume of entries, I like food.)
Beverage: Tea, coffee, cider, rum, Coke Zero.
Flower: Bloody Cranesbill (Geranium Sanguineum)
Season: Winter
Book: American Gods, Anansi Boys, Neverwhere, Stardust (Neil Gaiman), The Age of Misrule trilogy (Mark Chadbourn), The Lord of the Rings, The Stand, The Talisman, Black House (Stephen King), The Spiral Cycle (Michael Scott Rohan), Catch-22, The Crow Road (Iain Banks), The Hunter (Richard Stark a.k.a. Donald Westlake), The Bone Pedlar (Sylvian Hamilton).
Movie: Seven Samurai, Oldboy, The Adventures of Robin Hood, Robin and Marian, Jeremiah Johnson, The Philadelphia Story, Wall-E, North by Northwest, The Rear Window, Dead Man's Shoes, This Is England, Dog Soldiers, M*A*S*H*, Bubba Ho-tep.
Actor or Actress: Dame Judy Dench, Errol Flynn, Johnny Depp, James Stewart, Ingrid Bergman, Robert Redford, Paul Newman, Meryl Streep.
TV Show: Q.I., Firefly, Band of Brothers, This Week, Frasier, Seinfeld.
DVD or Video (Blue Ray – whatever): Anything by Pixar studios, Boxsets of the shows mentioned above.
CD: Origin of Symmetry - Muse, Back in Black - AC/DC, A Night at the Opera - Queen, Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - Arctic Monkeys.
Singer/Band: Muse, AC/DC, Motorhead, Arctic Monkeys, The Ramones, Janis Joplin, Emmy the Great, Queen, The Smiths, The Rolling Stones, Queens of the Stone Age, Sleeper, Foo Fighters, McAlmont & Butler, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan., ZZ Top.
Song: Yes - McAlmont & Butler, Desolation Row - Bob Dylan/My Chemical Romance's punk-ish cover version, Hurt - Johnny Cash, Plugin Baby - Muse, Leave Before the Lights Come On - Arctic Monkeys, Me & Bobby McGee - Janis Joplin, Easter Parade - Emmy the Great, Panic! - The Smiths.
Fast Food Restaurant: Burger King.
Board Game: Does Dungeons and Dragons count?
Computer Game: Final Fantasy VII
Musical Instrument: Guitar
Cologne or Perfume: On me? Cool Water. On a woman? Nothing that smells of fruit, or else I get hungry.
Things to do at the Weekend: Visit family, sleep late, watch cricket, read, eat copiously.
Vacation Location: Blackpool.
Word or Phrase: I like getting really creative with swearing. This is a family forum, so I won't post what they are.
Sport/athlete: Cricket, football, boxing. Graham Thorpe (cricket), Ryan Giggs (football), Sugar Ray Leonard (Boxing. Alas I'm too young to have seen Muhammed Ali.:()
Favorite quote: "I love laughter, except when it makes milk come out of my nose" - Woody Allen, "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read" - Groucho Marx.
Additional comments: I like lots of things and a true favourite is rarely possible, hence the many entries. All of them are subject to change, as I discover new things.

Name and nickname: Danny B. (Isn't the nickname the same thing?)
Joined the forum on: Umm... The day I made my first post?
Favorite posting place on the Forum: I haven't been here long enough to develop any habits, yet.
Why did you choose that name/character?: It's just my first name and the initial of my second name. I'm imaginative like that, you see.
What made you register on this forum?: I love Mr Pratchett's work and waffling on the internet. This place is a happy concurrence of those two things.

Tell us your ‘what if’s’
If you could be anyone/thing in one of the novels who/what would you be?: One of those fellas of The New Cable Street Particulars.
If you lived in Ankh-Morpork which trade/guild would you want to join?: The Watch.
If you could go on a date with a character who would it be?: Susan Sto Helit. She fascinates me.
If you were deputising for Death, whose soul would you most like to take – and why? I wouldn't dare get personal. That seems to be what makes things go all screwy. I would most certainly not want Death angry with me.

Anything else you'd like to share with us?
Yes. In a piece of shameless of self promotion, I'd like to inform all of you that I write and that just about everything I write is available for free under a Creative Commons license at my blog, here:- http://waffleandwrite.wordpress.com/ :wink: I'm still putting the thing together, so new bits and pieces will appear at random, along with semi-frequent redesigns of the layout.
Danny B

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:56 pm

International fencer :lol: very good and the Errol Flynn/Robin Hood thing fits right in! :wink:

Best wishes with Stuff & Nonsense (do you like French and Saunders too :P ) it's a pretty cool community is Wordpress :D
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Polly » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:42 pm

[quote=and international fencer. (O.K. - I built fences north of the border in Scotland, but my way of saying sit sounds so much more [i]dashing

Brilliant - was the international fence building to keep us in? :lol:

did you have a passport to get across the great fence of Scotland? :lol:
Polly

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum