(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby LadyL » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:53 pm

Hi TOny, great idea :D

After 2 months in Sydney 8)

Im living in Hattersheim, near Frankfurt/Germany again for a while :lol:
LadyL

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:12 pm

Well I've put you down for Hattersheim - let us know if you want to be moved to Sydney on a more permanent basis. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby NightOwl » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:27 am

Guildford
All the World's a Stage
NightOwl

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:56 am

Got you NightOwl. :)
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:21 pm

I live on the Essex East coast. It's warm and sunny right now, but I'm not going for a paddle!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:26 pm

Batty wrote:I live on the Essex East coast. It's warm and sunny right now, but I'm not going for a paddle!
:lol: Don't blame you! Clacton-on-Sea is now on the Pratchett Fans Map - and so are you. :)
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:00 pm

Roll up! Roll up! Any more for the Pratchett Fans Map! Your chance to put yourself and your town on the map! :lol:

Post here if you wish to be included.
Tonyblack

Postby BaronBreton » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:50 pm

What the f*... !
So, i'm the first french on this map ?! :?

Lorient (Bretagne/Brittany), France
« L'imaginaire n’est qu'une autre façon de voir la réalité. »

Le Vade-mecum, french website on The Discworld
BaronBreton

Postby Oookster » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:54 am

Hey

I used to spend a lot of time In harlyn bay when I was younger

Last year walked the costal path from Harlyn to Padstow the first time I've done in years wonderful part of the country

Oookster
Oookster

Postby Oookster » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:56 am

Sirandilas wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:
Sirandilas - Yup Davidstow is about 15 mins up the road (depending on how fast you drive) They have a huge dairy factory there which is the proverbial blot on the landscape - but does make some damn great Cheddar (but from Cornwall not Somerset) - Davidstow Cheddar is the biz :wink:
Carthamartha I don't know, but I do know that stretch of river quite well and can see it when we drive into Launceston over Laneast Down which is one of the highest points on eastern Bodmin Moor... Soon after we moved into Tregeare I could see the whole of the upper Tamar Valley 'flooded' with low cloud and I actually stopped the car and just gawped for 5 mins because it was so beautiful...
So yeah - a great location for an Arthurian castle. Much more so that the one in Tintagel which of course wasn't, but fitted into Tennyson's imagery as Arthur's birthplace... The whole area's pretty romantic mostly in one way or another and I love it to bits!
Oh - and they call the A39 The Atlantic Highway now! roflmao - how VERY Transatlantic!

It is near Rezare and Dunterton

http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/get ... RTHAMARTHA

Its near a point where the Tamar is joined by the River Inny and where it also twists and turns like a twisty turny thing ;)

Got me some Cornish Yarg the other day!

Cornwall is my "Happy Place" I used to spend a lot of time in and around PAdstow, especially on Harbour Cove/Tregirls beach but used to head off in to the wilds. In fact you are not far from one of my favorite places Rough Tor. Also used to spend a lot of time at Castle an Dinas, Chun Castle, the Men an Tol, Zennor Quoit. Basically anything Stone or Iron Age. Also spenta bit of time out on Bodmin moor looking at all the Stone circles, there are loads of them.

Tintagel is OK but way to Touristy (do you still call them EMITS or is that just a Padstow thing?) I would love to stay in the YHA hostel just down the coast from there right on the top of the cliff.

Another Favorite beach of ours was Tregardoc, near Treligga. Only accessible at low tide.

The Trelights pub near there also used to do a great Chicken ina basket and had a cool garden with a maze.

my rrevious post is in response to the above

silly me
Oookster

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:07 pm

If I've missed anyone, please let me know :)
Tonyblack

Postby Kade » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:53 pm

Oh me! me! Jo'burg South Africa!!
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.
If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.
Kade

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:56 pm

Kade wrote:Oh me! me! Jo'burg South Africa!!
Done. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Jinx » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:14 pm

Jinx wrote:If only we could use the GoogleMaps software on fantasy realms. Of course, Mrs Cake would have so many pins in her place. I don't think she would approve.
So it turns out this is actually possible. Here's one based off one of Mr Pratchett's favourite games, Oblivion.

I followed the link to a complex looking tutorialon how to do it. I wonder how well Stephen Briggs gets on with his PC/Mac...
Jinx

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:18 pm

Jinx wrote:
Jinx wrote:If only we could use the GoogleMaps software on fantasy realms. Of course, Mrs Cake would have so many pins in her place. I don't think she would approve.
So it turns out this is actually possible. Here's one based off one of Mr Pratchett's favourite games, Oblivion.

I followed the link to a complex looking tutorialon how to do it. I wonder how well Stephen Briggs gets on with his PC/Mac...
Hey Jinx - good to see you again. :)

That certainly looks possible - although there's a lot of the Disc that we know very little about. :D
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum