Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby meerkat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:44 am

:lol: :lol:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Quatermass » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:51 am

meerkat wrote::lol: :lol:

Oh my gravitic anomaliser! :lol:

Seriously, that story, The Horns of Nimon, is only entertaining as a comedy pantomime. You want further proof? See how Graham Crowden 'acts'.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby meerkat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:01 pm

Oh trust me on this! I've seen it!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
meerkat

Postby Quatermass » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:09 pm

meerkat wrote:Oh trust me on this! I've seen it!

I finished watching the whole story for the first time less than two hours ago. It was a wonderful script, but it was badly screwed up during production. Only Lalla Ward (as Romana) and John Bailey (Sezom) did well in their performances. It wasn't abysmal per se, but oh dear gawd, it was like an effing pantomime! I tried to go into it with an open mind, but seriously...

Oh well, it's great comedy fodder. :lol:

And so is this. What happens when a Doctor Who villain gets typecast? Oh, Mummy! looks at Sutekh's post-Who career...
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby meerkat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Epic! :lol: :lol: :lol:
meerkat

Postby deldaisy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Quatermass wrote:

Seriously, that story, The Horns of Nimon, is only entertaining as a comedy pantomime. You want further proof? See how Graham Crowden 'acts'.

See THIS is why when I gush about loving Dr Who the people who look sideways at me strangely are thinking about episodes like THAT one... you know they are.... because when I finally stop to take a breath the inevitable "Really? Well I haven't seen it since I was a little kid" line comes out... and they suddenly find something very urgent to do... in another building.... or city. :roll:
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:14 pm

deldaisy wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

See THIS is why when I gush about loving Dr Who the people who look sideways at me strangely are thinking about episodes like THAT one... you know they are.... because when I finally stop to take a breath the inevitable "Really? Well I haven't seen it since I was a little kid" line comes out... and they suddenly find something very urgent to do... in another building.... or city. :roll:

Hey, you have to take the rough with the smooth, or in this case, the ham and cheese sandwich with the fine wine (that is, City of Death...well, more of a table wine, really, but it has a fine bouquet...). :)

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:05 pm

From the thread "What made Me Smile Today":

Del wrote: :lol: :lol: What made me smile? I was laughing out loud!

You should have told us to watch them with the sound off so WE could guess (NO CHEATING!)

I have always loved TORN with Natalie Unbruglia with him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osnUB9bUm-E
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Thanks del you saved me from doing it. :lol: been a bit busy today and just catching up on the posts. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby ramtopsman » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:11 pm

A very good friend of mine doing a cover of A team -Ed Sheeran cover

Its such an amazing cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vTtTKyN ... re=related
Check out all things pratchett at

www.youtube.com/user/ramtopsman
ramtopsman

Postby spideyGirl » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:48 am

spideyGirl

Postby spideyGirl » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:00 am

ramtopsman wrote:A very good friend of mine doing a cover of A team -Ed Sheeran cover

Its such an amazing cover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vTtTKyN ... re=related

nice, tho I don't know the original :oops:
spideyGirl

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:07 am

Here's some hilarious videos based on the game Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater. What's even more funny is that these were actually created by Konami, the makers of the game.

Note: There is violence, some sexual references, and a crapload of funny! You have been warned.

Gotcha This Time!-Snake finds out why it isn't a good idea to play around too much with plastic explosives.

Diehard- A series of mishaps befall the rather difficult to kill villain Volgin.

The Ultimate Weapon- Snake uses a new gesture in rock-paper-scissors, but using it against his mentor, the Boss, may have severe consequences...

He's Still Got It- The world's oldest sniper, The End, falls in love with glamorous spy Eva. So what happens next?

Metal Gear Raiden: Snaker Eraser- Raiden, the unpopular main character from Metal Gear Solid 2, wishes to be the main character of the Metal Gear series. Travelling back in time to murder Solid Snake's father, Naked Snake (aka Big Boss), Raiden gets caught up in the events of Operation Snake Eater, where he gets knocked around, beaten up, and mistaken for Volgin's lover, Major Raikov. But can he kill Naked Snake, and thus Solid Snake, and thus make himself the main character once more?

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby meerkat » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:30 am

spideyGirl wrote:How to deactivate a cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9TmmF79Rw0

:D

:lol: :lol: I suppose it was like being picked up by Mum and carried around. Clever though!
meerkat

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:33 am

spideyGirl wrote:How to deactivate a cat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9TmmF79Rw0

:D

Oh, that's nothing. Here's how to confuse a cat. :)

-the Master
Quatermass

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum