russian language)

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Sun May 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Hello, my name is Meerkat:

approximate pronunciation - Strasvitsye, minya tzavoot Meerkat

the others are beyond my rapidly fading memories though, will have to wait for Volkalok
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby meerkat » Sun May 01, 2011 5:54 pm

Wow! DJ, that's fantastic! 8)
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby rockershovel » Sun May 01, 2011 9:17 pm

I usually find that "chto eto" sovers a multitude of things... you get a lot of work out of "ponyatno" and "rabota" as well.

"harasho" and "gavoreet mnye..." will get you a long way, also "pazhalsta"

other than that it's best left to Russians in my experience...
rockershovel

Postby dennykay » Mon May 02, 2011 8:20 am

the only word i really remember from russian class is Достопримечательности, sights.
I DETECT...MALIGNITY.
dennykay

Postby meerkat » Mon May 02, 2011 9:38 am

You had a russian class? !! We had the cold war and James Bond!! :lol: Tsaravich Vodka!,is about as close as I get!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 02, 2011 10:45 am

I picked up a few Russian swear words from reading Sven Hassel books many years ago! :lol:

I also learned a Chinese phrase from a James Clavell book and I once asked a Chinese girl I knew what it meant. She was really shocked and told me I must never, ever say it to a Chinese person. :shock:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Conforumist » Mon May 02, 2011 11:05 am

ChristianBecker wrote:Huh? There's enough Germans having problems with a language like English - so that your first language is German isn't enough. If you're generally good at languages, though, it might help that one of them is German.
Some of my colleagues speak Russian and even some of them say it is not easy.

Nevertheless, I am interested in learning languages as well and Russian looks interesting.

Of course, English insane!
The Russian language has some hard/difficult sounds; similar to German. That's why it's a bit easier for me. Arabic has to be the toughest though; and Polish is not far behind. :)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby TwoShotTino » Mon May 02, 2011 12:47 pm

I'm currently trying to get to grips with Polish. I haven't started to try and speak it yet but I'm beginning to recognise certain words and phrases. I've even managed to commit a few to memory. Their sentences seem to be formed in kind of a reverse order to English too :roll:
TwoShotTino

Postby Volkolak » Mon May 02, 2011 1:43 pm

meerkat wrote:Hello, my name is Meerkat. Please may I have a Vodka? Where is the British Consul? Are there public toilets here?

Note the importance in order of questions! :lol: :wink:

:D vodka! :D vodka-is a shit :- \

so: Здравствуйте, меня зовут Миркат. Могу ли я получить водку? Где британский консул? Где здесь туалет?

and:
Zdrastvujte! Menya zovut Meerkat. Mogu lee ya poluchit' vodku? Gde britanskij konsul? Gde zdes' tualet?

:)

Tonyblack sad: Can anyone translate this: Миллион к возможностям случается девять умноженный из десять.
hmmmmm....i can't understand, what you sad :D google-translator isn't good thing) he is a stupid)

Doughnut Jimmy sad: "Strasvitsye, minya tzavoot Meerkat" no, isn't that)
Vita Brevis, ars-longa!

эээ....а кто-нибудь тут Русский знает? = )
Volkolak

Postby dennykay » Mon May 02, 2011 1:47 pm

meerkat wrote:You had a russian class? !! We had the cold war and James Bond!! :lol: Tsaravich Vodka!,is about as close as I get!

east germany in the cold war. you had to take russian :D
once (like 15 years ago), i was so fluent in russian, i could write a whole essay in russian and get an A for it. fun times...
I DETECT...MALIGNITY.
dennykay

Postby Volkolak » Mon May 02, 2011 1:48 pm

dennykay wrote:
meerkat wrote:You had a russian class? !! We had the cold war and James Bond!! :lol: Tsaravich Vodka!,is about as close as I get!

east germany in the cold war. you had to take russian :D
once (like 15 years ago), i was so fluent in russian, i could write a whole essay in russian and get an A for it. fun times...

круто) (cool!) :)
Vita Brevis, ars-longa!

Volkolak

Postby deldaisy » Mon May 02, 2011 2:09 pm

Oh GREAT! At last!

I was on a Russian cruise liner in the Pacific (Fiji, New Zealand, etc) when I was 18.

We hit a cyclone so not many people were out and about the first week and since I don't get seasick it was only me and a friend and a handful of other people at dinner or around on the boat. So we tended to bond with the Russian crew (they were closely watched back then and not supposed to mix). After all we had the whole crew looking after just a few of us.

When I was leaving the girls in the restaurant gave me a menu alot of the staff had signed and written messages on. I still have no idea what it says...., I must dig it out of whereever it is and try to type it here to get a translation :D
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Volkolak » Mon May 02, 2011 3:23 pm

deldaisy wrote:Oh GREAT! At last!

I was on a Russian cruise liner in the Pacific (Fiji, New Zealand, etc) when I was 18.

We hit a cyclone so not many people were out and about the first week and since I don't get seasick it was only me and a friend and a handful of other people at dinner or around on the boat. So we tended to bond with the Russian crew (they were closely watched back then and not supposed to mix). After all we had the whole crew looking after just a few of us.

When I was leaving the girls in the restaurant gave me a menu alot of the staff had signed and written messages on. I still have no idea what it says...., I must dig it out of whereever it is and try to type it here to get a translation :D

in Russia live funny people)
Vita Brevis, ars-longa!

Volkolak

Postby Tonyblack » Wed May 04, 2011 8:35 am

Volkolak wrote:
Tonyblack sad: Can anyone translate this: Миллион к возможностям случается девять умноженный из десять.
hmmmmm....i can't understand, what you sad :D google-translator isn't good thing) he is a stupid)

It was supposed to say: million-to-one chances happen nine times out of ten. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Volkolak » Wed May 04, 2011 8:42 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Volkolak wrote:

It was supposed to say: million-to-one chances happen nine times out of ten. :)

:D i'm stupid! :D
Vita Brevis, ars-longa!

Volkolak

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum