Brisbane Broken Drummers?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby pandasthumb » Thu May 26, 2011 10:03 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Are you going to have a quiz?

oh yes! There should definitely be quizzes.
pandasthumb

Postby deldaisy » Fri May 27, 2011 9:32 am

pandasthumb wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:
Are you going to have a quiz?

oh yes! There should definitely be quizzes.

QUIZ? What? Like.... "What kind of choccy drink did YOU order?" ... that kind of quiz?

I am foul at quizzes (quizii?) All I do is repeat over and over and over... "OH! OH! OH! I KNOW this one!.... hang on..... ummmmmmmmm! Wait!... ummmmmm......."

By the way.... did you know the word QUIZ is one of the few purposefully invented words in the English language? So you know HOW it happened? (Please let this be one of the quiz questions). :P
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri May 27, 2011 3:27 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby deldaisy » Fri May 27, 2011 4:54 pm

Quatermass wrote:I'll have a copy of the scriptbook for The Quatermass Experiment.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh... this is how we are going to recognise each other is it? Ohhhhh. Ummm... I will have a large kid latched onto my arm???? Who will unashamedly scream out "LOOK! I THINK THATS ONE OF THEM OVER THERE! LOOK MUM! LOOK! LOOK!" Hope you two aren't the shy type.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Fri May 27, 2011 4:57 pm

pandasthumb wrote:Sunday 29th May
2.30pm
Max Brenner Chocolate Bar
Little Stanley St
Southbank, Brisbane

All welcome, stangeness not a prerequisite. :D

Brisbane Broken Drummers FaceBook page. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brisbane- ... 19?sk=wall

Just a reminder.
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Sat May 28, 2011 12:04 am

deldaisy wrote:
Quatermass wrote:I'll have a copy of the scriptbook for The Quatermass Experiment.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh... this is how we are going to recognise each other is it? Ohhhhh. Ummm... I will have a large kid latched onto my arm???? Who will unashamedly scream out "LOOK! I THINK THATS ONE OF THEM OVER THERE! LOOK MUM! LOOK! LOOK!" Hope you two aren't the shy type.

Not exactly. I'm more of a 'hate screaming kids type'. :twisted:
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby pandasthumb » Sat May 28, 2011 7:51 am

deldaisy wrote:

Yes. Definitely shy, but will be fortified by chocolate. My husband just said 'tell 'em you'll be one with the handsome husband'. So there you go. NO problems working out which one will be me now is there?

I think that we will work up to quizes. Can't wait to meet you tomorrow so you can tell me about the origin of 'quiz'. :D

One sleep to go.
pandasthumb

Postby Tonyblack » Sat May 28, 2011 10:05 am

We had a meet up in London on another board. We arranged to meet at the entrance to a certain platform at a London railway station. It wasn't until I got there (early) that I realised that I didn't know what any of them looked like and I only knew them by their screen names. :shock: There was a lot of milling around until someone plucked up the courage to ask if we were from that message board. :lol:

After that we posted a photo gallery on the board so we'd recognise each other on future meet ups.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Sat May 28, 2011 4:54 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Not exactly. I'm more of a 'hate screaming kids type'. :twisted:

She doesn't scream.... she talks! She talks and talks and talks and talks and talks! :D She DIDN'T talk for seven years .... so she has a lot of catching up to do. :D

Tony I know about meeting on railway platforms. I had this blind date many years ago. "I will be wearing a white T-Shirt and jeans" he said. Apparently noone mentioned to me that there was to be some sort of conference that day for the "White T-Shirt and Jeans" brigade. And that they had all agreed to meet on that platform! He SAID he was around 6' and fit!

Must have been 50 of them!!!! :shock: Yep 49 GORGEOUS ones and one short fat one! ............................................!
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Sat May 28, 2011 11:19 pm

I'm heading off soon. Got a couple of errands to run before I go to the train station.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Sun May 29, 2011 8:10 am

Well, it seems that I'm the first one back, due to a need to catch the train back home, but I met Del and Pandasthumb, along with children, and a newcomer who saw the ad in Discworld Monthly. I enjoyed their company, and I hope they enjoyed mine. :)

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Tonyblack » Sun May 29, 2011 8:36 am

:D Cool! I look forward to hearing more about it.

You didn't talk about Dr Who at all, did you Q? :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Sun May 29, 2011 9:20 am

Tonyblack wrote::D Cool! I look forward to hearing more about it.

You didn't talk about Dr Who at all, did you Q? :lol:

Uhhh....can I take the fifth? :|

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Sun May 29, 2011 9:41 am

Hellooooooooooooooooo!

Today I met Q, and PandasThumb, and MR PandasThumb, and the mini PandasThumb, and Katy (the mystery girl who saw the online thingie)

:D AND AND AND not only did my little one come but my TEEN who I haven't seen since Nanny Oggs Cookbook play rang at the last minute and SHE came too.... (thats why I was an hour late...... no I am always late... but this time I had an excuse).

:D AND AND AND I got a park!!!!!!! And didn't have to pay $50 for the carpark! SCORE!

:D AND AND AND Q brought me a SF book to cheer me up and ALSO a few sheets with it that outlined what has happened in the series of the book so I would know where the book fits in...... !!!!!! THANK YOU Q! That was SO sweet of you. (Seriously expected you to look like Matt Smith (because of the avatar :D ) Q, if your writing is in any form as good as your "quick synopsis of the book series" I can't wait to read your published books)

PandasThumb and family were so lovely. She is seriously pretty people... and yes (I KNOW he's watching over her shoulder) her hubby is really really handsome.. I mean... gosh! What a lucky girl she is... she must count her blessings every day.....(Tell him to go away and cook dinner now Panda) :D :D :D From what I heard as she was talking to my teen, Panda is the sort of teacher EVERYONE wishes their child had at school. AND I got a big hug from LittlePanda when we finally dispersed. He's so cute.

Katy was lovely... she is from America but has an american/english/irish accent. :D Panda and I have bullied PERSUADED I meant persuaded her to join here and she is SO going to fit in. Really interesting person too.

YES! We talked about Dr Who! Of course we did!

No quiz though :D :( :D :(

So just us lot.... not huge but a wonderful time for a first of.

YAY!
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Sun May 29, 2011 9:47 am

[quote="pandasthumb"

I'll be in my Paul Kidby t-shirt ... (sans red carnation) :D[/quote]

Oh yeah... THAT would have worked had it NOT been winter here and you wore a coat OVER it........ but I figured out you too would have your coat over the T-Shirt....

Do you realised HOW many strange looks I got going around the tables trying to look down peoples fronts???????? :D :D
deldaisy

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum