Hi im new to this

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Hi im new to this

Postby freddy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:07 pm

:lol: hi its really nice to finely get on a dicworld forum, i have no luck with Wadfest. I have be reading discworld and other books by Terry for what seams ages. I have recantly read Wee-Free-Men, its really funny and you can not help but LOL. I am currently reading Hat Full Of Sky and just can not put it dow, I really like the Wee-Free-Men they are really funny and Terry has got the scotish accant down to a t. I do really well to read Terrys book as I am Dyslexic, so they have been a challange and have helped me inprove my readin, because they are fun and enjoyabul, I can now read a youpersons book like Hat Full of Sky in just a few week,; it used to take me months.If you have not done Wadfet you really should, its a fun camping weekend, if you would like to know more visit their site www.wadfest.co.uk. Have fun all of you and I can not wait to hear Terry on Christmas Day on Radio4 XXXX :D [/b]
freddy

Postby Dotsie » Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi freddy, welcome to the site! :D

I've been wanting to go to Wadfest for ages - maybe next time :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jinx » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:27 pm

Welcome =D

It's always good to see new members
Jinx

Postby Tiffany » Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:50 pm

Hi, Freddy, welcome to the forum. It's good Terry's books are helping to improve your reading skills. Have fun here. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:03 pm

Hi Freddy! I've been to Wadfest a couple of years ago - it was indeed great fun - although I didn't get much sleep. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:17 pm

hello freddy welcome to the site :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Roger » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:26 pm

hello and welcome to the asylum
My Event Pictures:-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rogden31/sets/

there's someone in my head and it's not me
Roger

Postby cols » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi Freddie. nice to meet you :D
cols

Postby MoRt » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:17 am

Hi Welcome to the site as i am new also theres alot to read on here
"Dont drink and Drive get HIGH and Fly "
MoRt

Postby Quilpusha » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:52 am

Hi Freddy, and welcome to our crazy world.

There are several people here who are Dyslexic to some degree, you are not alone.
Keep on reading TP, keep on posting on here.
THINGS WILL GET BETTER.
"If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has so much as to be out of danger?"
(T.H.Huxley - 1877)
Quilpusha

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:00 pm

Welcome to the forum Freddy :)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chris.ph » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:19 pm

just reread your introduction freddy. i am also dyslexic and am now quite a prolific reader after my parents spent many hours encouraging me and teaching me also had a special tutor in junior school as well many years ago. heres something you might not know, most dyslexics are left handed and there are a higher proportion per head of geniuses in left handed people. both of these are true. :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:07 am

:lol: Yay for us lefties!

I'm numerically dyslexic :oops: - always getting telephone numbers muddled - right numbers wrong order... I even have to mouth my pin number as I key it in to those horrid little machines. God help me if there's a lip-reading mugger observing me at the ATM :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby MoRt » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:10 am

Quirm i usually have the same problem with numbers and having to constantly write them down to remember them especially the PIN on cards my hands are coverd with things and numbers constantly when i go out.
thought i was alone with it and even worse i count letters in sentences constantly my fingers dont stop counting letters in my head lol thats why i love the keyboard everytime i push down i count each letter lol
"Dont drink and Drive get HIGH and Fly "
MoRt

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:12 pm

*huggles MoRt sympathetically* :(

I think it's not uncommon especially linked with dyslexlia although I only know one person who's admitted to it - my old tutor at art college. He was OK so long as he had a telephone keypad as he could always remember the key pattern for vital stuff like PINs but he was hopeless with the phone until mobiles and digis took off.

I just drive everyone mad reading back numbers to them - this morning I've been almost locked out of my online bank and then a credit card 'cos something I've bought online has gone south. :roll:
Jan Van Quirm

Next

Return to The Broken Drum