(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:33 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Batty.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:27 pm

The one area im lacking in is UK proofs id love to get them but im financially challenged at the moment :) but saying that when i do get them, i get them cheap so my collection hasnt cost that much over the years, but i know its worth in the high 5 figure sum now, well thats what the insurance is for, i know if i had them stolen then i would get the book value but if i sold them who know how much id get, i know ive got one or two you just wont get anywhere ever :) well if youve got an odd 20k lying around id let one of them go :) but when the time comes to s ell them i dont think i could, we'll just have to wait and see.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby bridget » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:06 am

wow, i have been collecting for 10 years, but apart from the diaries and a few signed first editions i stuck to buying Clarecraft, my collection is on display in my bedroom as i love looking at it :oops:
bridget

Postby BaronBreton » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:37 pm

MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
There are so more goodies !
(i love the beer's bottle !)

Verry verry verry impressive !
« L'imaginaire n’est qu'une autre façon de voir la réalité. »

Le Vade-mecum, french website on The Discworld
BaronBreton

Postby chris.ph » Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:21 pm

only problem with the beer bottle is that id muller it down if i got a bit thirsty on a friday binge :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tristan » Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Wow! And I thought I was e real fan. :lol: I just have half of the paperbacks... Still no hardbacks. I totally love the sight of all the Discworld books on the shelf. :)
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby Omnia » Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:59 pm

Jason, Steeljam, The_Discworldaholic and LadyL ~ I think you guys can safely be classed as the most envied among DW fandom :wink:

My DW collection is woefully unequal to my love and devotion to DW :oops:

I have about twenty DW paperbacks on my shelves, with about half a dozen hardbacks including my (first book signed) The Last Hero and the Hogfather screenplay. I also have the A-M Mapp, the Almanack and the DWcon 08 Gala dinner dragon on a smaller set of shelves. I now also have an A-M consulate tea mat on my coffee table, a DEATHS brooch and some button badges, and thanks to a friend I have some teeth ... Oh, and cricky, how could I forget ~ the DW calenders! I recieved my first DW calander back in ....2001 and that was what started me on buying DW emphermilia(sp?) in the first place

Oh ~ eta; the dvds for The Hogfather, The CoM and the 2008 convention
Last edited by Omnia on Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doth not a penny to the widow outshine the unconquered sun

AKA g'nomi :-)
Omnia

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:01 pm

I've got a couple of the teeth too - I'll bet there's a few people here will be wondering what teeth. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Omnia » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:04 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I've got a couple of the teeth too - I'll bet there's a few people here will be wondering what teeth. :wink:

Hee ~ that's why I left it ambiguous :lol:

Omnia

Postby Dotsie » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:53 pm

I'm gonna poop your party. They're from the set of the Hogfather! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:38 pm

yeah and its strange ive never got any !!!! would of thought something like that id have, oh well when im working again and ive got some spare cash i'll have to get one or two.

Oh and everyone keep posting your collections no matter how big or small its nice to see what people have got and also it helps identify things that others never knew about.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby Omnia » Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:39 pm

pTerry was throwing 'em away at the last UK DW convention!! :wink:

I forget where you can buy them from, but you can (or at least could) get a small pouch of about 20 teeth for GBP £5

Omnia

Postby Catch-up » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:06 pm

I've got teeth too! :D Loose and in a set of jewelry.
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Eeek teeth jewellery! Just like in Which Witch :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:30 pm

The_Discworldaholic wrote:The one area im lacking in is UK proofs id love to get them but im financially challenged at the moment :) but saying that when i do get them, i get them cheap so my collection hasnt cost that much over the years, but i know its worth in the high 5 figure sum now, well thats what the insurance is for, i know if i had them stolen then i would get the book value but if i sold them who know how much id get, i know ive got one or two you just wont get anywhere ever :) well if youve got an odd 20k lying around id let one of them go :) but when the time comes to s ell them i dont think i could, we'll just have to wait and see.
So you wont be bidding on this one then. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Unseen-Academical ... 286.c0.m14 here is one for you poohb
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum