Welcome and Introduce Yourself

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:15 am

Hi, im a discworldaholic and ive been this way for too many years to remember, i find it hard to get through the day without somesort of discworld fix, but somehow i manage, normally i sell something so i can go out and buy my fix, tommorow in selling my child, might get a new 1st edition book then, but i dont think ive got a problem :lol:
The_Discworldaholic

Postby swreader » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:38 am

Hi- I'm Sharlene (Tony's better half or other half) and I live in Tucson, Arizona. My name comes from the fact that at one time I had a bookstore, and in playing with possible names, I thought of SouthWestReader - or swreader. Turned out the store was called Reader's Oasis, but the swreader stuck.
swreader

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 am

Hey everyone! :D My name's Susanne, I live in Michigan in the United States. I got hooked on Discworld when I found a copy of Small Gods in the bargain book section of Borders.

:D
Catch-up

Postby jonty » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:25 am

Hi , I'm Jonty, On here and also other DW websites.
Real name John.
Have been a fan of the books since 1990 when someone left a copy of reaper man lying about, later got into the stamps.
jonty

Postby Throat » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:40 am

Hello everyone.

In roundworld I answer to the name of Keith or "Do you want another pint?".

I live in Derbyshire with my trophy wife and two border terrier dogs. I have two adult children and a grandson.

I've been a keen follower of Terry's books since I Light Fantastic was published in paperback (if only I had had the sense to buy the first two hardbacks when they appeared!). My favourite character is, like all normal folk, CMOT Dibbler and I have tried to model myself on his eternally opimistic approach to life and meat-related products.
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard.
Throat

Postby barrie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:23 am

Hi I'm Barrie.

Known as Gaspode on one other forum and Jewellerybybarrie on a couple more. Sometimes known as the 'special' Discworld Jeweller :roll:

Who's Terry Pratchett? Never heard of him. But I quite like those books some bloke in a black hat writes, so is that good enough? :lol:

I've been a fan for way too long but stayed in the undergrowth. Some nutter called Renta and a fat bloke called Bernard dragged me into the light.

If youve been to a UK Discworld event in the last three years, I am the real CMOT, as I would have been quietly :lol: relieving you of your ill gotten gains and replacing them with shiny stuff :lol: :lol:
barrie

Postby rentawitch » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:44 am

Hi I'm Rentawitch often abbreviated to Renta.
a friend - friend she said bitterly looking at her bank statement, but I digress - gave me the Colour of Magic and the Light Fantastic to read in about.... counts... takes socks off, counts some more.... 1987.

So far so safe..... then i went to a Convention in 2002 - I met a lot of people but one said 'oh come to Wincanton at Hogswatch' Mrs Violet Boggis, step forward, and my life changed forever. I go to everything I can. Waves to all her mates old and new even the ones I haven't met yet.
The Turtle Moves!

Three cheers for Terry Pratchett ! hip hip.....
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I love my computer, all my friends live in it.
rentawitch

Postby bogieman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi,
I am the Bogieman and have been for a considerable amount of time now I am on several forums and so far been to a Wadfest and the Jamboree.

Will be at the next Wadfest as could not afford the con :cry:
bogieman

Postby alohura » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:09 pm

Hello!

I'm AJ, I am addicted to Terry Pratchett books. I live at home with my Grumpy Wizard and two cats. :D

I am normally found at Discworld events, running around trying to organise something or other and I can be soothed with Dark Chocolate and Baileys.

Sorry but I fear the rest of my family wil lbe along very soon. Don't worry too much about Chuckie, he is mostly harmless..........
Archimedes was murdered over Pi
alohura

Postby Aunty Myrtle » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:09 pm

Hi I'm AJ's Aunty Myrtle, attached to Chuckie, and sister-in-law to AJ's mum. Been a Discworld fan for a few years but quite newish to forums and meets.
Let me see, I'm a nosy person!
Aunty Myrtle

Postby Katariina » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi, I'm Katariina. I live in Helsinki, Finland.

Have been a fan since 1993. I try to make it to as many events as possible. Will be at Wadfest next.
Katariina

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm

Aunty Myrtle wrote:Hi I'm AJ's Aunty Myrtle, attached to Chuckie, and sister-in-law to AJ's mum. Been a Discworld fan for a few years but quite newish to forums and meets.
We were all new once! I can still remember my hesitant steps into message board land. It took me ages to pluck up the courage to ask what 'lol' meant. :lol:

Don't worry, if you are unsure, just ask. Someone will be happy to help I'm sure.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

'ello

Postby mogadoh » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi all my name is Regan. I reside in Australia but i am from the UK originally.
I am fairly new to Terry's books i dare say. Quite a long time ago now i saw information on a book stores website about Terry's current at the time book signing tour. I knew who he was but i had only read 'The Amazing Maurice...' at that time. I got there early to buy a book but i had no idea which one to get (i settled on Interesting Times...i dunno why i didn't just start from the beginning but there you go..). At first i couldn't get into it but i gave it another go some years later and now i am working my way through the series (i'm up to 'Reaper Man'). Why did it take me so long! He is an amazing writer, so inventive & funny and he has a work ethic that makes me want to eat slugs through my ear i:e: impressive.

Anyway, hello to all current and yet to register Terry fans :D
-----
'A MERRY ABERRANT - An Assortment of Whimsical Words & Capricious Cartoons' available from Lulu.com :)
http://www.lulu.com/content/2614075
mogadoh

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi mogadoh - Interesting Times would not be my recommendation as a starter. I'm glad it didn't put you off and I think you're in for some real treats as you work through the series. Reaper Man is an excellent book!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Hello!

Postby Toothy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:07 pm

Hello there! I'm known on a couple of other forums as Toothy and am rather attached to the name now, so... here I am again! :D I've been a TP fan for about 10 years but only joined my first forum just over a year ago where I've made and met some wonderful friends. This year will be my first visit to a Discworld Con and I'm looking forward to it. :D

*waves to everyone and strolls off to investigate the new surroundings*
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum