Welcome and Introduce Yourself

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:15 am

Hi, im a discworldaholic and ive been this way for too many years to remember, i find it hard to get through the day without somesort of discworld fix, but somehow i manage, normally i sell something so i can go out and buy my fix, tommorow in selling my child, might get a new 1st edition book then, but i dont think ive got a problem :lol:
The_Discworldaholic

Postby swreader » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:38 am

Hi- I'm Sharlene (Tony's better half or other half) and I live in Tucson, Arizona. My name comes from the fact that at one time I had a bookstore, and in playing with possible names, I thought of SouthWestReader - or swreader. Turned out the store was called Reader's Oasis, but the swreader stuck.
swreader

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 am

Hey everyone! :D My name's Susanne, I live in Michigan in the United States. I got hooked on Discworld when I found a copy of Small Gods in the bargain book section of Borders.

:D
Catch-up

Postby jonty » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:25 am

Hi , I'm Jonty, On here and also other DW websites.
Real name John.
Have been a fan of the books since 1990 when someone left a copy of reaper man lying about, later got into the stamps.
jonty

Postby Throat » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:40 am

Hello everyone.

In roundworld I answer to the name of Keith or "Do you want another pint?".

I live in Derbyshire with my trophy wife and two border terrier dogs. I have two adult children and a grandson.

I've been a keen follower of Terry's books since I Light Fantastic was published in paperback (if only I had had the sense to buy the first two hardbacks when they appeared!). My favourite character is, like all normal folk, CMOT Dibbler and I have tried to model myself on his eternally opimistic approach to life and meat-related products.
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive." - Elbert Hubbard.
Throat

Postby barrie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:23 am

Hi I'm Barrie.

Known as Gaspode on one other forum and Jewellerybybarrie on a couple more. Sometimes known as the 'special' Discworld Jeweller :roll:

Who's Terry Pratchett? Never heard of him. But I quite like those books some bloke in a black hat writes, so is that good enough? :lol:

I've been a fan for way too long but stayed in the undergrowth. Some nutter called Renta and a fat bloke called Bernard dragged me into the light.

If youve been to a UK Discworld event in the last three years, I am the real CMOT, as I would have been quietly :lol: relieving you of your ill gotten gains and replacing them with shiny stuff :lol: :lol:
barrie

Postby rentawitch » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:44 am

Hi I'm Rentawitch often abbreviated to Renta.
a friend - friend she said bitterly looking at her bank statement, but I digress - gave me the Colour of Magic and the Light Fantastic to read in about.... counts... takes socks off, counts some more.... 1987.

So far so safe..... then i went to a Convention in 2002 - I met a lot of people but one said 'oh come to Wincanton at Hogswatch' Mrs Violet Boggis, step forward, and my life changed forever. I go to everything I can. Waves to all her mates old and new even the ones I haven't met yet.
The Turtle Moves!

Three cheers for Terry Pratchett ! hip hip.....
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
I love my computer, all my friends live in it.
rentawitch

Postby bogieman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:03 pm

Hi,
I am the Bogieman and have been for a considerable amount of time now I am on several forums and so far been to a Wadfest and the Jamboree.

Will be at the next Wadfest as could not afford the con :cry:
bogieman

Postby alohura » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:09 pm

Hello!

I'm AJ, I am addicted to Terry Pratchett books. I live at home with my Grumpy Wizard and two cats. :D

I am normally found at Discworld events, running around trying to organise something or other and I can be soothed with Dark Chocolate and Baileys.

Sorry but I fear the rest of my family wil lbe along very soon. Don't worry too much about Chuckie, he is mostly harmless..........
Archimedes was murdered over Pi
alohura

Postby Aunty Myrtle » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:09 pm

Hi I'm AJ's Aunty Myrtle, attached to Chuckie, and sister-in-law to AJ's mum. Been a Discworld fan for a few years but quite newish to forums and meets.
Let me see, I'm a nosy person!
Aunty Myrtle

Postby Katariina » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:11 pm

Hi, I'm Katariina. I live in Helsinki, Finland.

Have been a fan since 1993. I try to make it to as many events as possible. Will be at Wadfest next.
Katariina

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:22 pm

Aunty Myrtle wrote:Hi I'm AJ's Aunty Myrtle, attached to Chuckie, and sister-in-law to AJ's mum. Been a Discworld fan for a few years but quite newish to forums and meets.
We were all new once! I can still remember my hesitant steps into message board land. It took me ages to pluck up the courage to ask what 'lol' meant. :lol:

Don't worry, if you are unsure, just ask. Someone will be happy to help I'm sure.
Tonyblack
Site Admin

'ello

Postby mogadoh » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:50 pm

Hi all my name is Regan. I reside in Australia but i am from the UK originally.
I am fairly new to Terry's books i dare say. Quite a long time ago now i saw information on a book stores website about Terry's current at the time book signing tour. I knew who he was but i had only read 'The Amazing Maurice...' at that time. I got there early to buy a book but i had no idea which one to get (i settled on Interesting Times...i dunno why i didn't just start from the beginning but there you go..). At first i couldn't get into it but i gave it another go some years later and now i am working my way through the series (i'm up to 'Reaper Man'). Why did it take me so long! He is an amazing writer, so inventive & funny and he has a work ethic that makes me want to eat slugs through my ear i:e: impressive.

Anyway, hello to all current and yet to register Terry fans :D
-----
'A MERRY ABERRANT - An Assortment of Whimsical Words & Capricious Cartoons' available from Lulu.com :)
http://www.lulu.com/content/2614075
mogadoh

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:22 pm

Hi mogadoh - Interesting Times would not be my recommendation as a starter. I'm glad it didn't put you off and I think you're in for some real treats as you work through the series. Reaper Man is an excellent book!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Hello!

Postby Toothy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:07 pm

Hello there! I'm known on a couple of other forums as Toothy and am rather attached to the name now, so... here I am again! :D I've been a TP fan for about 10 years but only joined my first forum just over a year ago where I've made and met some wonderful friends. This year will be my first visit to a Discworld Con and I'm looking forward to it. :D

*waves to everyone and strolls off to investigate the new surroundings*
If all is not lost, then where is it?
Toothy

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum