Show us yer pets!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:50 pm

Awwww, then eeeek! :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby LadyL » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:56 pm

Dotsie wrote:Awwww, then eeeek! :shock:

yep, thats what I said at first sight :lol:

but the bats are really interesting, they fly around during the day, I never saw that before :roll: :D
LadyL

Postby Tiffany » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:11 pm

I do like those Fruit Bats, LadyL, they have such cute faces. Nice Roo with her Joey too.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Magrat » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:18 pm

Catch-up wrote:
Magrat wrote:Image
my three little bundles of terror :lol:

They're gorgeous! :D

Here's our kitty:

Sorry it has taken so long to reply Tiffany and Catch-up :roll:

They are all Bengals (and girls much to my husbands dismay come season time, although they adore him! :lol: ), they come from the Asiatic Spotted Cat and retain a lot of wild traits.

The one in the top picture is the eldest at 2 1/2 - Himani (meaning cvered in snow in Bengali which was the closest I could get to 'sparkly' due to the shimmer on her coat)
The two in the bottom pic are newish kittens born in April this year - The brown one is Ameera (the female of Ameer, 'leader') The silver is Amala (meaning 'quiet one') both fit their personalities to a tee :wink:

I hope to breed from the kittens when they get old enough in about another year, unfortunately the eldest was too humanised and refused to mate so we had to get her neutered asit was kindest.
Does anyone else believe their dreams are actually an alternate reality?
Magrat

Postby Tiffany » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:02 pm

I didn't realise cats could get to humanised to want to mate, Magrat?
Most moggy Queens, if not done, seem to end up pregnant. :?
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Casaninbetween » Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:07 pm

Dotsie wrote:LOL! That second picture looks like Day of the Chickens!

You mean as in "Day of the Dead"? Zombie chickens, that would be the day... The only way to kill a zombie is to destroy the brain or cut off the head, which would be very difficult with chickens with their tiny heads... And they can fly too, so you wouldn't be safe on the roof of the town mall... [shudders]
The World's Most Mediocre Lover
Casaninbetween

Postby Blackwolfdreaming » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:31 pm

Here are Kira looking shocked and Star aparantly blowing a raspberry at what ever the suggestion was

Have you ever noticed that, just when you think your shot is about to sail into the back of the net, some one moves the goal posts
Blackwolfdreaming

Postby Magrat » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:15 am

Tiffany wrote:I didn't realise cats could get to humanised to want to mate, Magrat?
Most moggy Queens, if not done, seem to end up pregnant. :?

Oh if my husband had been willing she would have had innumerable litters :lol:
I think that the problem stems from the fact that when we got her I was off work recovering froma major op for 3mths so she gotwell and truly imprinted to humans.
She spent 2 weeks in my mums cattery with her most experienced male (could have been an incarnation of Greebo as he has been known to just pin queens and 'do the deed'!) but after the first 5 mins he stayed in the furthest corner from her whilst she growled and spat every time he moved!

Not a happy time - come to think of it I don't think he has mated since - maybe she broke him? :shock:
Does anyone else believe their dreams are actually an alternate reality?
Magrat

Postby Catch-up » Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:26 pm

Blackwolfdreaming wrote:Here are Kira looking shocked and Star aparantly blowing a raspberry at what ever the suggestion was

Ooo! Beautiful! :D I love Huskies. My sister and b.i.l. have an all white one. You wouldn't believe the things that dog has done. She's big trouble but so sweet and loving. Are yours calm or crazy?
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:14 pm

Casaninbetween wrote:You mean as in "Day of the Dead"?

Zombies, triffids, chickens, religious pamphlett distributers.... anything with a crazed expression standing outside my window :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Blackwolfdreaming » Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:01 pm

Catch-up wrote:
Blackwolfdreaming wrote:Here are Kira looking shocked and Star aparantly blowing a raspberry at what ever the suggestion was

Ooo! Beautiful! :D I love Huskies. My sister and b.i.l. have an all white one. You wouldn't believe the things that dog has done. She's big trouble but so sweet and loving. Are yours calm or crazy?

They are really well behaved until you get the leads out and they start giving lip. They love ice creams
Have you ever noticed that, just when you think your shot is about to sail into the back of the net, some one moves the goal posts
Blackwolfdreaming

Postby Tiffany » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:12 pm

Love your dogs, Blackwolfdreaming. They are gorgeous.

Perhaps your cat was/is gay, Magrat :) Shame about your Mum's male cat, though. Has he been tried with a Queen since?
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Catch-up » Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:39 pm

Blackwolfdreaming wrote:
Catch-up wrote:

They are really well behaved until you get the leads out and they start giving lip. They love ice creams

So do you take them on nice long walks and stop for ice cream? :D
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:21 pm

At Chris's request I am posting a picture of his beautiful dog, but I'm afraid I don't know his name - Chris will have to enlighten you!

Dotsie

Postby Tiffany » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Oh! Lovely dog, a Great Dane, (is he?) who likes his comfort. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum