Weather - or not!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Raz » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:54 pm

BatrickPatrick wrote:I cunningly picked the windyest day this week to wear a mini-kilt :<

Sounds deliberate to me! :lol:

Me and Naiomi (5yo daughter) had to walk a mile and a half to school in what can only be described as the wrath of Poseidon this morning! The walk is normally such a nice part of the day, but this morning I was practically flying her like a kite! :lol:
Raz

Postby Batty » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 pm

Tonyblack wrote:To make matters worse I had to go to a speed awareness course (or get three points on my licence) and as I don't have a car, I cycled there and back. I got drenched! :cry:

poohcarrot wrote:...but the question is, how fast did you cycle? :lol:

I was wondering that!
By the way. How long have you needed a licence to cycle?
Never mind, Tony! You're not really being singled out!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:15 pm

:lol: That's what I get for being helpful! A few months ago I hired a van to help a friend move home. I got caught at a speed camera on the M4 in a 50 MPH zone. I must have driven about 800 miles that weekend. :roll:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby DaveC » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:22 am

It's SOO WET!! :evil:

I may get the bus to work, usually cycle. Weather forcast looks like nearly all of UK is being rained on!

Oh well, I always reward myself with mcDOnalds wen I bus in ....
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby feanor » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 am

Ayup All...

Isn't it AWFUL ! I went to London on Friday (My Birthday) to Photograph 'The Golden Hind' ship on Bankside, for an Upcoming Model Build on my Model site, and Boy ! did it persist. We were supposed to be Visiting a Model shop in Holborn, then going to the British Museum. But because It rained so hard, we only got as far as Holborn High St. and after four hours in the pub, (where DID all the time go?) had to call for the Wheelbarrows for me to catch my train ! A bt of a washout externally and Internally !

I carried on with UA, Tony, and am now near the end. Looks just like the weather to just sit back and turn the page... I feel just like the Golems under the sea... or were they Giants ?
I'm glad that all my problems have now Resolved down to where my next Banana is coming from...
feanor

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:58 am

Saturday morning it was a bit sunny great done the washing Image and put it out Imagewent to collect my print from the art shop came back at it was hissing it down. Image my clothes and still out there, BUGGERIT :(
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby wicked woman » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:03 am

Persisting it down here this morning. :evil:
wicked woman

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:47 am

Did a 5 mile walk this morning, I'm absolutely drenched :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby swreader » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:51 pm

We're supposed to be just partially cloudy now--but no highs above 100--and NO RAIN.

Last night, we got light drizzle out of the edge of a dilly thunderstorm, and there's a 30% chance of rain tonight when Tony's taking the shuttle down from the airport at Phoenix. :roll: I think he's bringing it with him! :D
swreader

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:55 pm

swreader wrote: I think he's bringing it with him! :D

You can have it, consider it our gift :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Batty » Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Saturday morning it was a bit sunny great done the washing Image and put it out Imagewent to collect my print from the art shop came back at it was hissing it down. Image my clothes and still out there, BUGGERIT :(

Is your clothes line the latest model-type weather forecaster? Och! The clothes are wet ... it must be rainy!!!
:roll: :oops:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby michelanCello » Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:34 pm

I got soaked to the skin today... :evil: I don't mind rain. Acutally, I really like it, it gives a certain mood, but would someone just warn me first? I don't ask much, you know, like a choir of angels would do just fine, appearing in front of me out of nowhere in bright light, singing things like: "Don"t you dare leave without an umbrella, do you hear? And forget about the sneakers, put on your rubber boots even if you look ridiculous in them. You've been warned!"
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby deldaisy » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:26 am

There is no such thing as bad weather.... just the wrong clothing. Cant remember who said that.
deldaisy

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:57 pm

We had a tornado yesterday. Thankfully out in the open spaces, one school bus was flung about and into a cornfield, but only scratches and bruises.

This just does not happen at this time of year here.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Antiq » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:09 pm

What can I say, this is Ireland. It's either damp and chilly or damp and mild, but nearly always damp, or really really wet. :x
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum