Weather - or not!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Weather - or not!

Postby serendipnick » Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:14 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Our Poohcarrot lives in Japan, and he's just barmy! :mrgreen:

Everyone who lives here is just barmy, yours truly included :geek:
WWGWD
serendipnick

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:27 pm

:mrgreen:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Del » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:30 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:I was similarly dressed Dug, these Aussies have no idea, wimps the lot of them

Says them wots were having to SUFFER through their recent heatwave of 25 C ! :laughing-rolling:

I HAVE actually lived in cold climates (no ... no snow) and I dont know how you do it. Visit yes! Live in it???? How do you live with children who cant go outside... but see... i dont let my kids outside in the really bad heat either.... six of one, half a dozen of another huh? :D

But this is the weather thread so I can complain all I want :D Give me a few months and I will be going on about being too HOT!
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:43 pm

When I was a kid we used to play outside in the winter sledging, snowball fights, building snowmen, a little snow and ice did'nt stop you having a good time. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:52 pm

Yes Dug.... but YOU come from a land where the men run around in the winter with short skirts and no underwear on dear.

I shall say no more. :hand:

We grew up where we went outside after breakfast and only came in at dark.... ALL year round. We were taught a few survival lessons weather wise though...

a. Lie in a gully if a sandstorm comes.
b. Lie in a gully if an electrical storm comes.
c. DO NOT lie in a gully if a flash flood comes. :lol: :lol:
Del

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:06 pm

Del wrote:We grew up where we went outside after breakfast and only came in at dark.... ALL year round.

So did Dug and I it was just a lot colder all year round ;)
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby wicked woman » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:25 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:
Del wrote:We grew up where we went outside after breakfast and only came in at dark.... ALL year round.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Del you are lucky it went dark, in what passes for our Summer it starts to get light around 4am and it gets dark around Midnight as you can see the Sun setting on the horizion at midsummer, if we were any further North we would be like Iceland land of the Midnight Sun. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:14 pm

I've never looked on this topic before. It really is about the weather, I'll be blowed.

Anyhoo... The weather is here. Wish you were beautiful.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Penfold » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Del you are lucky it went dark, in what passes for our Summer it starts to get light around 4am and it gets dark around Midnight as you can see the Sun setting on the horizion at midsummer, if we were any further North we would be like Iceland land of the Midnight Sun. :mrgreen:

I've been right up North in Scotland ( Achmelvich Bay in Sutherland) and could sit outside and read the paper at midnight without a torch; it didn't get dark enough to need one. :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:08 pm

What did you think the fred was about Sis. :?: :o :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:22 pm

wicked woman wrote:
The Mad Collector wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:shock: Wow! Breed em tough up that way huh? You still have all your fingers and toes? :lol:

Penners: Yes I was in Scotland in Summer many years ago. I would freak me out that I could go out for the evening at the pub, walk home in the sunlight and still be in bed before dark :lol: Mind you... I always felt like I got more holiday for my dollar with the extra long days. (On the other side I remember my two girlfriends who worked up there in a winter and they told me how they went to work in the dark and came home in the dark)

Though it was somewhat similar when I visited my parents when they lived in South Australia for a time. Going down to the beach for a swim after a late dinner and it was STILL LIGHT!

Can I ask a question? Here it may get cold (stop laughing!) but I always open the windows for a time to let in fresh air to the house before I close them again to try to save the house being too chilled to warm at night. When its snow snow snow and cold as it can be..... how do you get fresh air right through the house to air it out? Or dont you.
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:27 pm

I always have a window or three open enough to let the air through Winter or not ,at the moment they are not closed night or day.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:12 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:What did you think the fred was about Sis. :?: :o :mrgreen:

Ha! Probably discussions of a meteorologicaI nature I do suppose.

Here's a lovely bit of Morning Glory to be getting on with.

morning_glory_sweers_southwest.jpg
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Whats all that blue stuff around the cloud. :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum