TONYBLACK AT DWC10 (SIGN THE PETITION)

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:42 pm

If Tony isn´t going can I crash on the floor in your room Pooh? Everyone in my family snores (except me of course :wink: ) so I'm used to it :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:16 pm

I see no problem with that Sjoerd, but Tony's got first dibs. :P

So are you going Tony, or what?

(I could always take this petition to the Cunning Articifers site. Or I could send an email to Brian Nisbet, the organiser, trying to get a specail discount rate)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Not if it's a single room they won't. When the Hilton says single room it means it - 1 bed big enough for 1 person...:o

Re the lift - :oops: I fear that although in principle I could do a quick detour off the M5 at Bristol into Welsh Wales to pick Tony up, as we're both of a 'nervous' disposition, I'm afraid the way I drive (which deteriorates rapidly from an already very low level of skill when I have a passenger) would render us both having to lie down in a darkened room (one room each natch :wink: ) with no adverse stimuli for approximately 74 hours, once I'd negotiated my way to Brumland... :roll:

I do agree that something should be done to get at least one of our luverly moderators there - is Jason going and if so will we recognise him? :lol:
When I was at the Hilton last Discworldcon I booked a single but was allocated a twin room,so it really depends and I know some of the hotels dont have single rooms. :wink:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:11 pm

I tried to kid myself with that one Dug, so I hope you're right - I think with some of the chains it depends on how full it is as I've often got a double room (twins or a double bed) when it's just me when I used to travel for work. Fingers crossed they've run out of 'proper' single-bedded rooms by the time we arrive :P

With trying for a discount from the organiser chappie pooh - maybe you should wax lyrical about Tony and/or Jason getting a good deal as this is the official publisher-run Pterry forum. If that needs justifying, maybe we could blag it a bit on the basis of promoting the forum in some way?

In fact those of us who're going could do that anyway perhaps? If those who've got laptops could bring them along we could pester people to have a look and twist arms to get people to register - :lol: Or maybe do some flyers/leaflets distribution? They're asking for helpers anyway so it's an option and maybe we'd be able to swing an organisers attendance deal that way? :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum