TONYBLACK AT DWC10 (SIGN THE PETITION)

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

TONYBLACK AT DWC10 (SIGN THE PETITION)

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:11 pm

Tonyblack is moderator of this forum, and after reading the moderator's job spec, it appears that he is duty-bound to go to DWC10 in Birmingham.

The reason he says he isn't going is that he's saving all his money for visiting SW Reader in the US. A truly noble cause if ever there was one. :P

However, if the financial costs of going to the Convention are lowered, I'm sure Tony will change his mind.

Firstly, accommodation. If you stay at the Hilton it costs 60 pounds a night. Three nights = 180 pounds.

I have already booked my room. Tony, if you bring a sleeping bag, you are more than welcome to crash on the floor in my room. I must admit I snore like a pig, but if you can cope with that, no problem. :D

Secondly, transport to and from Birmingham. I'm sure that someone from the South West is driving up to Birmingham and could drop in on Cardiff on the way, pick Tony up and take him home afterwards. :D

If anyone else has any bright ideas about how to save Tony money, please post them. :idea:

If you believe that Tony is duty-bound to go to DWC10, please add your name to this thread. 8)
Last edited by poohcarrot on Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Morty » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:27 pm

The cost of food for a 3 day convention will have to be a major consideration. I have seen pictures of Tony sunbathing and at the risk of being banned it could be said Tony knows where SW Reader hides the cookie jar.

Therefore if Tony treats the convention as a pilgrimage and fasts for 3 days and 3 nights the prohibitive cost of food is removed.

Simples.
Morty

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:34 pm

..amd I can nick him loads of toast and jam from the breakfast buffet! :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Morty » Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:38 pm

poohcarrot wrote:..amd I can nick him loads of toast and jam from the breakfast buffet! :lol:

Nice gesture Pooh but I still go for the full blown fast for 3 days. :evil: :lol:
Morty

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:18 pm

:idea: In fact, hotel rooms have fridges so Tony can bring along a load of nosh and bung it in the fridge!
poohcarrot

Postby Morty » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:45 pm

poohcarrot wrote::idea: In fact, hotel rooms have fridges so Tony can bring along a load of nosh and bung it in the fridge!

Fast
Morty

Postby Penfold » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:54 pm

Morty wrote:
poohcarrot wrote::idea: In fact, hotel rooms have fridges so Tony can bring along a load of nosh and bung it in the fridge!

Fast

What? fast food? :wink: :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Morty » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:00 pm

Yeah :roll: :roll: :roll:

I give up for the sake of an easy life. :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:
I suggest as Tony is our leader we have a whip round for him and put him up in a eat all you can hotel :roll: :roll: :roll:
Morty

Postby Penfold » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:15 pm

Never give up Morty! Don't let us bar stewards grind you down! :)

In fact I'm going to follow your suggestion (sort of) as I could definitely stand to lose a pound or two..... or ten......or twenty. :lol:
Penfold

Postby Morty » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:32 pm

Penfold wrote:Never give up Morty! Don't let us bar stewards grind you down! :)

In fact I'm going to follow your suggestion (sort of) as I could definitely stand to lose a pound or two..... or ten......or twenty. :lol:

It is a bit dangerous to fast without checking with your Doc first. 24 hours is OK but anything more might be a bit dodgy.

Can't risk having the only person who can handle a chopper going down on us can we :oops:
Morty

Postby Penfold » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:37 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No fear, I did say sort off. I'm just going to lay off the pies and junk food for a while after I finish work (cooking proper food at six in the morning sucks but it just means that I shouldn't be so lazy) :lol:
Penfold

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:37 pm

:lol: Thanks guys! Who knows, it's possible that I could be there. I think it's unlikely, but never say never. :P
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:39 pm

<I have already booked my room. Tony, if you bring a sleeping bag, you are more than welcome to crash on the floor in my room. I must admit I snore like a pig, but if you can cope with that, no problem.>

pooh I think you will find the Hilton has twin beds in the rooms. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:26 pm

Not if it's a single room they won't. When the Hilton says single room it means it - 1 bed big enough for 1 person... :o

Re the lift - :oops: I fear that although in principle I could do a quick detour off the M5 at Bristol into Welsh Wales to pick Tony up, as we're both of a 'nervous' disposition, I'm afraid the way I drive (which deteriorates rapidly from an already very low level of skill when I have a passenger) would render us both having to lie down in a darkened room (one room each natch :wink: ) with no adverse stimuli for approximately 74 hours, once I'd negotiated my way to Brumland... :roll:

I do agree that something should be done to get at least one of our luverly moderators there - is Jason going and if so will we recognise him? :lol:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:42 pm

I wish I could go but agoraphobia is a bitch ... I went to a big Sainsbury's today and I had to go to the ladies on my own ... it was a strange Sainsbury's too I had only been there once before. My mother wondered off - I couldn't find her and I was beginning to panic ... It's like I'm a five-year-old ... Depressing, and quite disconcerting ... Also the date (July) is close to a Religious Convention of mine and I can't make that and the numbers would, I am guessing, be similar ... I feel if I can't make the effort for God and for my fellow believers (which I deem more important) then I cannot justify trying to attend this Convention.
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Next

Return to The Broken Drum