Dutch government resigns

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Dutch government resigns

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Our government resigned today after disagreements between the coalition members over an extension of the military mission in Afghanistan. This was the fourth coalition government led by Jan Peter Balkenende (also known as Harry Potter :wink:) , none of which served a full 4-year term. :roll:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:19 pm

:lol: I wish our government would resign! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 pm

:lol: I'm sure you're not the only one :wink:

It was to be expected really the two major coaltion partners (the christian-democrats and the Dutch labour party) didn't like each other anymore :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:05 am

:lol: I wish all politicians could,once in a while, try not to behave like kids in the schoolyard? "I'm breaking friends with you - ner! ner!" :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby wicked woman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:13 am

If they put as much effort into doing their jobs as they do writing fictitious expense accounts. :shock:
wicked woman

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:43 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote::lol: I wish all politicians could,once in a while, try not to behave like kids in the schoolyard? "I'm breaking friends with you - ner! ner!" :roll:

You should have seen them afterwards. Somehow it's never their fault there is always someone else to blame :roll:
Sjoerd3000

Postby theoldlibrarian » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Tonyblack wrote::lol: I wish our government would resign! :lol:

I assume you mean the British Government Tony? Because I wish the Irish Government resigned. In 2009 our speaker was sacked and last week one of the main opposition politicians resigned and 2 days ago our minister of Defense was forced into resignation.
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail
-Gore Vidal
theoldlibrarian

Postby Penfold » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:00 pm

As Henry Kissinger once said: "90 percent of the politicians give the other 10 percent a bad reputation".

There are some good politicians out there..... somewhere.....maybe? Just like there are nice traffic wardens, cheap lawyers, and honest estate agents. :wink:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Danny B » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:46 am

While I'm loathe to make suggestions about the politics of nations I don't live in, might I suggest the people of the Netherlands rise up as one and request, nay DEMAND, that the parliament building have a revolving door installed. Also, that every session of parliament end with the P.A. system blaring Nah, Nah, Hey, Hey Kiss Him Goodbye. Maybe then the politicians might get the idea how silly all of the histrionics makes them look. ;)
Danny B

Postby theoldlibrarian » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:17 pm

And now a junior minister from the smaller party in our coalition has resigned!
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail
-Gore Vidal
theoldlibrarian

Return to The Broken Drum