Dutch government resigns

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Dutch government resigns

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:15 pm

Our government resigned today after disagreements between the coalition members over an extension of the military mission in Afghanistan. This was the fourth coalition government led by Jan Peter Balkenende (also known as Harry Potter :wink:) , none of which served a full 4-year term. :roll:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
User avatar
Sjoerd3000
Member
 
Posts: 8797
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:19 pm

:lol: I wish our government would resign! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 29223
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:40 pm

:lol: I'm sure you're not the only one :wink:

It was to be expected really the two major coaltion partners (the christian-democrats and the Dutch labour party) didn't like each other anymore :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
User avatar
Sjoerd3000
Member
 
Posts: 8797
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:05 am

:lol: I wish all politicians could,once in a while, try not to behave like kids in the schoolyard? "I'm breaking friends with you - ner! ner!" :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10621
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby wicked woman » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:13 am

If they put as much effort into doing their jobs as they do writing fictitious expense accounts. :shock:
User avatar
wicked woman
Member
 
Posts: 3474
Joined: Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:51 am
Location: nottinghamshire, uk

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:43 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote::lol: I wish all politicians could,once in a while, try not to behave like kids in the schoolyard? "I'm breaking friends with you - ner! ner!" :roll:


You should have seen them afterwards. Somehow it's never their fault there is always someone else to blame :roll:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
User avatar
Sjoerd3000
Member
 
Posts: 8797
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Postby theoldlibrarian » Sun Feb 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Tonyblack wrote::lol: I wish our government would resign! :lol:


I assume you mean the British Government Tony? Because I wish the Irish Government resigned. In 2009 our speaker was sacked and last week one of the main opposition politicians resigned and 2 days ago our minister of Defense was forced into resignation.
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail
-Gore Vidal
User avatar
theoldlibrarian
Member
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:24 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland

Postby Penfold » Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:00 pm

As Henry Kissinger once said: "90 percent of the politicians give the other 10 percent a bad reputation".

There are some good politicians out there..... somewhere.....maybe? Just like there are nice traffic wardens, cheap lawyers, and honest estate agents. :wink:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.


Len Brook Photography
User avatar
Penfold
Member
 
Posts: 7346
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Worthing

Postby Danny B » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:46 am

While I'm loathe to make suggestions about the politics of nations I don't live in, might I suggest the people of the Netherlands rise up as one and request, nay DEMAND, that the parliament building have a revolving door installed. Also, that every session of parliament end with the P.A. system blaring Nah, Nah, Hey, Hey Kiss Him Goodbye. Maybe then the politicians might get the idea how silly all of the histrionics makes them look. ;)
User avatar
Danny B
Member
 
Posts: 355
Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:55 am
Location: Northumberland, UK

Postby theoldlibrarian » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:17 pm

And now a junior minister from the smaller party in our coalition has resigned!
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail
-Gore Vidal
User avatar
theoldlibrarian
Member
 
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:24 am
Location: Dublin, Ireland


Return to The Broken Drum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests