(For General Discussion)
Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack
Dick Francis, former champion jockey and author of some 42 mystery/thrillers died today at the age of 89.
Francis was recognized both in the US and the UK
for his contributions to the mystery genre. He provided me (and many thousands) a jolly good read and more knowledge about horse racing and jockeys than I ever knew. R. I. P. Dick Francis
- Posts: 806
- Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:39 pm
- Location: Tucson, Arizona, U.S.A.
R.I.P. Dick Frances.
Been sometime since i read any of his books but i really enjoyed them.
Susan did an unusual thing and listened. that's not an easy task for a teacher.
- Posts: 752
- Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:42 pm
- Location: Corby
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
- Posts: 28880
- Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
- Location: Cardiff, Wales
RIP, truly remarkable to keep producing new yarns for so long
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
- Posts: 1472
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:51 pm
Although i'm afraid i dont know him.
Smilies are friends, not food.
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............
Proud Copper Widow
- Posts: 1304
- Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:31 pm
- Location: Indonesia, and a small space in my head.
I see also that Cy Grant has shuffled off this mortal coil at the age of 90
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
- Posts: 2401
- Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:54 pm
- Location: North East England
Return to The Broken Drum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 11 guests