Traveller

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Traveller

Postby Tristan » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:31 pm

There are many topic in this forum about travelling - dream locations, future journeys etc. And because most of you have seen a lot of the world, and because I'm sure we would like to hear eachother's stories, I decided to post this one.

Here you can tell us about the most beautiful/inspiring/stunning places you've ever been. Kind of like a traveller's diary - a short story, maybe a picture or two, some advice... You can post a story now and then, and share your experiences.

I would personally enjoy reading about all the different places you have been to!

:D
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:17 pm

If you ever go to Texel make sure to have something to eat here :D
Delicious Erwtensoep (Pea soup) and very friendly people. Don´t know how the place was called anymore it had something to do with clocks :oops:

In Belgium are some nice castles :wink:

I have some pictures from the Alhambra in Spain but they are on a different computer will upload them later. It's really a beautiful place :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby AM » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:51 pm

In October 2008 my classmates and I went as exchange students to Mallorca for a week and we lived in a town called Felanitx. We made almost daily excursions and one day we climbed a nearby "mountain". There are paved roads and so but the mallorcans (?) took us through the woods instead. At the top you could see over the trees, other mountain tops, to the next town and much of the ocean as well, it was very beautiful and impressive! :D

At the top there was an old church, it was amazing to walk in the church and look at the paintings, ornaments and the coloured glass windows.
I don’t remember the name of the church or the mountain :oops: but I really recommend you to go there. (Bring a bottle of water; it was a quite warm and long climb.)
"Oh, please sue the University! We´ve got a pond full of people who tried to sue the University...! Going Postal
AM

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:06 pm

A few years ago an Internet friend of mine asked me to house/dog/cat/pony sit for her while she was away on a family holiday.

She lives on the island of Yell in the Shetland Islands. It was incredible there. HERE are some photos I took while I was there. :D

Here's a view from the front room window.

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:10 pm

When in Spain you must watch out for crocodiles. I captured one with my bare hands :wink:

The Alhambra is really beautiful, but I advise to take a guided tour :P

Nice views too :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Wow that´s incredible Tony :D The Shetland Islands are now on my dream places list :wink:
Sjoerd3000

Postby Morty » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:27 pm

If my lottery numbers come up tonight I'll go to Port Issac and knock on doors until I can get someone to agree to let me have their house.

I just love the place.
Morty

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:35 pm

I'm not surprised - it's gorgeous! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Return to The Broken Drum