I'm trying out a new hobby....

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Morty » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 pm

Zephyr wrote:NO!

You spoiled kids of today don't know how good you've got it! When I was young, if we wanted to take a halfway decent picture, we had to build the camera ourselves, walk uphill for fifteen miles in eight feet of snow in our bare feet at four in the morning with nothing for breakfast but a bowl of gravel and a dollop of tar! And if the picture didn't turn out, we were beaten senseless with our own camera until it broke and weren't allowed to go to bed, which wasn't a bed but a large pile of rusty bayonnettes, until it was rebuilt better than before! Then we had to get up the next day and do it all over again! And we liked it!

*nods vehemently*

:lol:

Ah.....So you had it easy then Zephyr :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Morty on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morty

Postby Zephyr » Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:15 pm

:lol:
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -Seneca
Zephyr

Postby Penfold » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:14 pm

You spoiled kids of today don't know how good you've got it! When I was young, if we wanted to take a halfway decent picture, we had to build the camera ourselves, walk uphill for fifteen miles in eight feet of snow in our bare feet at four in the morning with nothing for breakfast but a bowl of gravel and a dollop of tar! And if the picture didn't turn out, we were beaten senseless with our own camera until it broke and weren't allowed to go to bed, which wasn't a bed but a large pile of rusty bayonnettes, until it was rebuilt better than before! Then we had to get up the next day and do it all over again! And we liked it!

*nods vehemently* :lol:

Nods head in agreement.
*written with a poor attempt at a Yorkshire accent*
Luxury!
When I was t'kid, if we wanted t'take halfway decent picture, we 'ad t'steal parts t'build camera ourselves, walk uphill twenty miles in'ten feet of snow in't our bare feet at two in't mornin' with nowt for breakfast but a lump of grit with muddy water! And if t'picture dint turn out, we were beat senseless wit' tripod covered wit' broken glass, and weren't allowed t'go t'bed which wasn't a bed but a hole in't ground. Then we had t'get oop next day after only two hours sleep and do it all over again and pay for t'privilege. And we were grateful! :P

PS Great photo and great artwork, Zephyr. :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Morty » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:17 pm

Penfold wrote:

Nods head in agreement.
Luxury!
When I was t'kid, if we wanted t'take halfway decent picture, we 'ad t'steal parts t'build camera ourselves, walk uphill twenty miles in'ten feet of snow in't our bare feet at two in't mornin' with nowt for breakfast but a lump of grit with muddy water! And if t'picture dint turn out, we were beat senseless wit' tripod covered wit' broken glass, and weren't allowed t'go t'bed which wasn't a bed but a hole in't ground. Then we had t'get oop next day after only two hours sleep and do it all over again and pay for t'privilege. And we were grateful! :P

PS Great photo and great artwork, Zephyr. :lol:

And Penfold wrote that while he flying a Helicopter.......

Shakes head in disbelief :lol:
Morty

Postby Grymm » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:16 pm

Pah you lot were lucky, three and a half week I had to sit still for this photo

Playing with callotype photo process..........OH and I had nut brown fingers for another six months after coz of the chemicals.
Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis.
Grymm

Postby Batty » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:56 pm

Penfold wrote:

Nods head in agreement.
Luxury!

Ah.
So you were the lucky s*d that could afford the grit???
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby kakaze » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Zephyr wrote:You spoiled kids of today don't know how good you've got it!

Yes, we do!

That's why I use a digital camera! 8) :wink: :lol:
kakaze

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:26 am

Nice piccies, zephyr. i've recently picked up 35mm cammies from my dad but i'm not very good at it yet. I haven't seen my pics yet, though. i've also picked up guitaring :lol:
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum