(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:40 pm

meerkat wrote:I've learnt how to paste photos onto this site! Wahoo!! :D

HOW??????? I still cant do that :(
deldaisy

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:43 pm

It's not exactly "pasting" Daisy.

You have to have an account with one of the free places that will store images for you, like Photobucket, or Image Cave.

Then you have to upload them to your account there.

Once you've done that, they usually supply you with an easy image code to copy/paste into a forum thread.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby deldaisy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:44 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:Today I learnt a Russian proverb: Women can do everything; men can do the rest :wink:

They still can't put the toilet seat down, or put their socks in the washbasket, or throw out their grungy undies after 5 years.
deldaisy

Postby pip » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:45 pm

Have to get me one of those washbasket thingies :?
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby deldaisy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:47 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:It's not exactly "pasting" Daisy.

You have to have an account with one of the free places that will store images for you, like Photobucket, or Image Cave.

Then you have to upload them to your account there.

Once you've done that, they usually supply you with an easy image code to copy/paste into a forum thread.

Ummmmmmmmm...... ohhhhh NOW I see ..... :? :? :? easy....
what? It all sound so complicated! I'm usually here at some ungodly hour of the morning.... just having a peek before I go to bed (yeah right!) brain dead and sleep derived. But thanks anyway Bouncy.
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:58 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Yes they do :lol: Caviar are unfertilised fish eggs so they're still inside mum - they get fertilised when she expels them from her vent. The male then does his part at that stage - it's how salmon and most other fish reproduce. No copulation is required - it all takes place outside of body cavities etc :wink:

If only human child bearing were this easy Jan. I think I could easily give up copulation if I had a choice between that and pushing out a lil unfertilised egg instead of a 21 hour labour and a 8lb baby. I'm coming back in my second life as a female seahorse.

Ohhhhhh... and talking about FISH. "Finding Nemo"!!!!! Here's an interesting fact you may not have known.

Of ALL the fish in the sea to do a movie about... they really didn't think it through when they cast "Finding Nemo". In the movie Nemo is a clownfish and when his mother dies, his father is left to raise him as a sole parent. Yes; clownfish DO tend to thier young but if the mother clownfish dies, the "father" changes sex and becomes female. (again the cries from my children" "Mum! Its JUST a movie!)
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:05 pm

chris.ph wrote:you dont actually have to kill the fish to get the roe out, you can maasage their rear end and the eggs expel,. as sturgeons are now quite rare in the wild they are now trying to farm them for their eggs :!:

I love seafood truly I do.... but I'm not eating anything that is expelled out of a fish after you have massaged its bottom.
deldaisy

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby deldaisy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Grymm wrote:I learnt or should I say relearnt that the consumption of small amounts of gunpowder/black powder gives you the most awful rotten eggy farts!

Why was I eating gunpowder you may well ask..........
Muskets and pistols were loaded using paper cartridges. Paper cartridges need to be torn so you can pour the main charge down the barrel and when on a range or 'in action' that is done with the teeth leading to tiny amounts being swallowed.

That would add a whole new dimension to those idiots who light up their farts wouldn't it?
deldaisy

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:43 pm

Oh jeez.............. :shock:

Bouncy Castle

Postby Batty » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:46 pm

deldaisy wrote:
chris.ph wrote:you dont actually have to kill the fish to get the roe out, you can maasage their rear end and the eggs expel,. as sturgeons are now quite rare in the wild they are now trying to farm them for their eggs :!:

I love seafood truly I do.... but I'm not eating anything that is expelled out of a fish after you have massaged its bottom.

It could be worse ... Bottoms are a sore point where chris is concerned ...
You could always ask chris if he has ever had his bottom shaved whilst he lay unconsious and oblivious ...
:roll:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:53 pm

:lol: Poor ole Chris :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby BatrickPatrick » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:42 pm

Judging from my notes from todays lecture, I learned how to do a lot of nice doodles.
Fus Ro Dah!
BatrickPatrick

Postby deldaisy » Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:59 am

Batty wrote:
deldaisy wrote:

It could be worse ... Bottoms are a sore point where chris is concerned ...
You could always ask chris if he has ever had his bottom shaved whilst he lay unconsious and oblivious ...
:roll:

I have learnt WAY too much information in that one post..... I have learnt Chris has a hairy bottom :shock: .... I have learnt Chris has VERY close friends (who apparently carry a razor with them at all times).... I have learnt Chris has VERY evil friends :twisted: .... What I haven't learnt is just how much grog Chris had to drink to get THAT unconscious.
deldaisy

Postby Dotsie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:22 am

I'd love to enlighten you :lol: but I feel that honour should go to Chris (if he wants to talk about it :wink: )
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum