R.I.P Mum

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

R.I.P Mum

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Well it only seems like yesterday i was doing a rip dad (oct) now on sunday week before last my mum lost her 2 year battle to cancer, i just got a feeling 2010 is going to be a real crap year for me, oh well dunno wot to do now it feels real weird now i have no parents to turn to, especially my mum, she was a fantastic cook and one of the nicest people you would have ever likely met so shes going to be missed so much by everyone she came into contact with, so rest easy mum youll be in our hearts forever and will be very sadly missed.
The_Discworldaholic

Postby meerkat » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:54 pm

Don't despair. I lost both my parents to cancer.My Dad only three years ago and Mum 16 years ago. That seems a rediculously long time ago but feels like only yesterday. But I know I loved them and did my best for them. As did you for your parents.

There will be times when you think you're going mad because you expect them to be there and they are not. When you need an extra boost just remember we are all out here thinking of you and sending our warmest thoughts and love.
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:05 pm

Sorry to hear that. :( Hope 2010 improves.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jason » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:07 pm

There are no words that can help. Just remember that we are here for you. Should you need someone to talk to.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:18 pm

Sorry to hear that my condolences to you, my Dad passed away last year and my Mam a year before time heals but you don't forget. :(
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:38 pm

Sorry to hear that Discworldaholic :( Like everyone's saying it's hard to come to terms with, especially as you lost your father as well so recently.

I used to work in a Probate office and it's not too unusual for spouses to die only weeks or even days apart - I mention that only because when I saw their children at interviews they were often quite upbeat about how their parents were 'back together' now, because it had been so horrible to see mum or dad really inconsolable.

Like everyone's saying - plenty of support and places for you to remember (or rant even) if you need to. 2010 is just another year in the end and you will remember your mum and dad no matter what. :)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Batty » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:05 pm

Sorry to hear about your Mum, Discworldaholic.

It may not be any comfort to you at the moment, but at least she is no longer suffering.
(((HUGS))) Image Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Danny B » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:25 pm

There are no words that can comfort or console at such a difficult time, but know that my thoughts are with you as you deal with your grief.
Danny B

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:28 pm

((( HUGS )))
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:34 pm

Sorry to hear that Discworldaholic :( my condolences to you :(
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Morty » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:30 am

I can only speak from experience Discworldaholic when I say there are some very understanding members on this forum and if you need someone to chat to about your loss you will be as amazed as I was at the response you’ll get.

My deepest sympathies are with you.
Morty

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:29 am

Good luck to you Discworldaholic.
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby wicked woman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:47 am

Hugs to you. Be kind to yourself, give yourself time. You are still in the initial shock period, it will get better but we are here to help you through the bad days.
wicked woman

Postby mspanners » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:20 am

My condolences, life is like that though...

You move along in life quit happily and then one thing after another hit you back for Six. :(

But be strong and remember that life is about making the most of our allotted time, Friends and Family.

Things do improve as time passes, I know. :)
mspanners

Postby Draywoman » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:35 am

Discworldaholic, I know saying 'I share your pain' doesn't cut it, but I lost my parents to cancer within 18 months of each other and remember the sense of abandonment I felt. I was a grown woman, but still had the overwhelming urge to cry out for my mum as if I were a toddler again.

You take all the support and listening you need for as long as you need. Rant, cry or share the good memories, whatever does it for you at the time. You have friends who will share it with you.
Habeus testiculares, habeus cardium et cerebellum
Draywoman

Next

Return to The Broken Drum