guess WHO i bumped into today

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:15 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Just trying something out - I'm feeling rather Celtic atm (specifically Buddicca crossed with Morgana le Fay :twisted: ). The torch girl will be back soon enough I expect - not in a good enough place just now to go back to the rainbow one though :roll:

Oh dear... :lol: What a Picture in my mind. :shock:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby And » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:22 am

Duncan Bannatyne (Dragon's Den) asked me to babysit for him when his first marriage was breaking up and he'd rented a house round the corner. He says the house was in Darlington in his book. No it wasn't. He had a Seventies tache in those days and apologised for the fact he only had a b/w TV. We talked quite a lot about the Beatles.

A friend of mine met a well-known educationalist and author (Kathryn Ecclestone) in the loo at a graduation ceremony. My friend was showing all present some pictures of herself and another pal on a night out dressed as The Fat Slags from Viz (like the F.S's, they are both Geordies.)

My friend didn't have a clue who she was until Kathryn gave the main speech at the ceremony half an hour later and then gave her her degree with a broad smile.
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
And

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:51 am

I once served David Jason in the post office. I pretended I didn't know who he was. And the first time I saw Terry it was on a cross-channel ferry and he was actually holding a very battered DW paperback. I didn't have the nerve to approach him. :oops:

Oh and I saw Anneka Rice standing outside the New Theatre in cardiff. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:14 am

I was at Champney's with a friend once (when I had a job), & there was a woman there who's in Eastenders (Natalie someone?). We both pretended we didn't know who she was (which in my case wasn't difficult), but someone else did the whole "It's you isn't it? Aaarghh you're famous aren't you?", so she wasn't exactly anonymous poor girl :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:29 am

There have been 3 famous people I have bumped into.

The first was the Celtic (Boston Celtic basketball) player on Newbury Street in Boston, Mass, and I literally bumped into hiim. I was looking at something and all of a sudden I smashed into something and I looked forward to what I hit in the middle of the sidewalk. When I faced forward I just say a guys chest. Now understand I am not short, I am 6' 1" and this guys chest was even with my eyes and I had to look waaaaaaay up and there was Robert Parish! A TALL BLACK GUY who I just smashed into! Little to say I appologized a lot!

Next a few years later I was at King Richard's Faire (a renissuance fair in Carver, Mass) and I bumped shoulders with someone, said sorry, he said no problem and we went on our seperate ways. Seconds later people were coming up to me saying, "Don't you know who you just bumped into?" I said no. and they said, "Steve Tyler!" I said, Who? "Steve Tyler, MAN! You know the lead singer of Areosmith!" Again me saying, Who? They just rolled their eyes and walked on. Hey, I wasn't into their music in high school.

Then this past summer I was next to a very shifty looking bloke in a toliet in a Tempe, Arizona hotel bathroom. He was a creepy looking old guy with a white beard, dressed in black and wearing a black cowboy hat! CREEEE-PIIIIEEEEE!!!! He also had a 'British Accent' which I didn't believe was real at all! :wink:
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby Batty » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:44 pm

I met James Thornton & his wife, Joanna Page as they lived next door to Mum.
Joanna is exactly the same off screen as she is on 'Gavin & Stacey'. James is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to meet.

Status Quo lived down the road to us - before they got really famous, and I used to serve David Kossoff sweets when I worked in Woolies on a Saturday. He was a really quiet gentle person.
(I nearly said he was a sweet man, but not even I could live with that pun!) ... :oops:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby janet » Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:59 pm

Ok, I sold a sultana and cherry cake to Jack Charlton a while ago at a farmers' market in Richmond (the Richmondshire one). He wanted a cherry cake but his wife was getting annoyed and I didn't have a cherry cake! What a lovely twinkly man!
Oh and while we're talking, one of my Myspace 'friends' not only met Elvis Presley but was kissed by him :D
This is turning into 6 degrees of separation!
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:50 pm

The closest i've got to meeting someone famous is being asked if i could answer a reporters questions, i'm afraid to say. I said no. :oops:
And meeting my dad who has about 1 hit on google. :lol:
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:43 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Oh and I saw Anneka Rice standing outside the New Theatre in cardiff. :D

:lol: I was behind her going through customs once when we got back from a ski hol and nearly collapsed laughing when the 2 duty officers who'd just let her go through had an exchange something like this...

"I know that woman's face from somewhere!"
"'Course you do - it's that girl in the tracksuit off Channel 4"
"Nooo... can't place her really"
"Yes you do! It's that tosser who jumps out of the helicopter!"
"Ohhhhh!"

:lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:18 pm

An internet buddy of mine, that I'd "known" for several years, turns out to be a famous British actor.

I've met him a couple of times. He's an absolute sweetie.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:41 am

:lol: :lol:
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:34 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:An internet buddy of mine, that I'd "known" for several years, turns out to be a famous British actor.

who is it then bouncy,dont leave us in suspense :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby keith_art » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:37 pm

I remember the great comedian Dave Allen saying that he hated public toilets. He said, "Everytime I walk into the gents someone will say, 'ooh look its Dave Allen', and all the guys at the stalls will immediately turn round." Fame obviously has a down side! :?
and a hard boiled egg!

See my Art & Videos at http://bit.ly/affections
keith_art

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:43 pm

chris.ph wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:An internet buddy of mine, that I'd "known" for several years, turns out to be a famous British actor.

who is it then bouncy,dont leave us in suspense :D

http://www.britishtheatreguide.info/ima ... lly-sm.jpg

You're all going to say "who?" now, aren't you? :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Klomp! :lol:

Bless him - the funny face of the SS :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum