guess WHO i bumped into today

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

guess WHO i bumped into today

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:42 pm

whilst i was going to the toilet in work today i bumped into the new doctor who matt smith who was filming for the new series in the guild hall in swansea :D :D we knew they were on site somewhere but you dont expect to meet them by the kaze :lol: when i went for lunch later him and his assisstant where getting in an s class merc to go for theirs.Tracey oberman was there as well and she has a very nice bum the assisstant is to skinny to have a nice bum :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:30 pm

:lol: I bumped into Terry in the toilet once. Maybe we should start a thread about famous people we've met in the bog. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby theoldlibrarian » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:42 pm

I met Terry O'Quinn (John Locke) in the toilets of the Gotham Cafe on Dublins main shopping street.
He must have been LOST. :lol:
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail
-Gore Vidal
theoldlibrarian

Postby Morty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:48 pm

Van Morrison in the toilets at The Palace in Manchester at a Kinks concert.

I’ll rephrase that..... :oops:

Whilst waiting for the popular music combo The Kinks to appear on stage I was answering the call of nature and Van Morrison came in the toilets...... :oops: :oops:

I’ll try again....... :oops: :oops: :oops:

I was having a leak in the bogs at The Palace and in the next stall was Van Morrison :lol:

I asked him for his autograph but he had his hands full at the time :lol: :lol:

Have you realized what you’ve started here Tony. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:55 pm

I saw Prunella Scales in the toilet at University once. She'd been giving a speech and the excitement had got to her.

Famous people pee too! It's amazing! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:01 pm

so do time lords :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Morty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:24 pm

chris.ph wrote:so do time lords :lol:

Yeah but they know they want to go before they need to go.....PMSL :lol:
Morty

Postby janet » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:38 pm

Sadly all I can claim to is meeting the mother of Spike Milligan's lovechild in a ladies' loo but I knew her already (before i knew for certain about the Milligan mallarky) although we hadn't met for decades. My brother once shared an elevator with Brian Ferry! Does that count? I've shared a ciggie break outside with some very nice musicians recently :lol:
PS I'm one of the few who ever got Van Morrison's autograph.....but it wasn't in a toilet...... :lol:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:22 pm

Never met anyone famous in the toilet. :(

In fact the only famous people I've ever met are Geoff Hurst, Bobby Charlton, Dennis Waterman and Rula Lenska. Never seen any royalty either, but I have seen the emperor of Japan and his family.

Never seen/met TP either. :(
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 pm

No toilet moments for me either, but I did tell Chris Tarrant's ex (before she became Mrs. T) where the Ladies was when she was at court getting her own divorce - the usher saw Chris giving her a kiss for good luck before she went in to see the judge. :P
My sister and brother-in-law had a better Tarrant and Ingrid tale though - they were on a photographic safari in Zambia (I think) and Chris and Ingrid were in the same camp for 2 nights - Ingrid's v. nice to chat to but Chris wasn't too talkative (nice to know he can keep it zipped occasionally :P ). He did help Malcolm push the land rover out of a muddy stretch of bush road though - quite brave of them as they'd just left a large pride of lions and the spotter had his rifle handy whilst they were pushing :shock:

I also shared a lift/elevator with Jenny Seagrove (Woman of Substance star and sometime playmate of Michael Winner) when she was getting her divorce - she's much, much prettier and really tiny in real life (remember I'm a shortass 5' 2"). I was on an open court case in another court which meant I had to wear a wig and gown and did I ever feel huge and tatty stood beside her! :oops:
Last edited by Jan Van Quirm on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:12 pm

I reckon you are all taking the piss.Image :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:49 pm

I met Jimmy Buffett whilst I was playing my guitar outside of the kitchen of the school I was at in the Dominican Republic. :lol: I asked his name and he replied, "My friends call me Jim."

Mind you, I had no idea of who he was and this was back in 1976 and he was bumming around the Carribean back then. He had come to the "christian" school hoping for a meal and a place to sleep. He bought me a new set of guitar strings and showed me how to wind the ends when wirecutters were not handy. 8) It was a truly cool experience to meet an American there in Jarabacoa. I wish the school had not treated him shabbily, but they were more or less a bunch of jerks.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:50 pm

Not sure about that mustard yellow for your new signature, Jan. :?

I also saw Timmy Mallet at Petra, Jordan while he was filming there. I laughed at him. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:51 pm

Arrgghh! It's changed colour and Jan's got a new avatar! :shock:
poohcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:07 am

Just trying something out - I'm feeling rather Celtic atm (specifically Buddicca crossed with Morgana le Fay :twisted: ). The torch girl will be back soon enough I expect - not in a good enough place just now to go back to the rainbow one though :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Next

Return to The Broken Drum