January Sales.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

January Sales.

Postby Morty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:54 am

As we’re already heading to the end of January did you pick up a Image in the sales.

As I’m on Gordon Brown’s payrole I avoided the sales and window shopping but surely someone picked up a cheap laptop or telly..........
Morty

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:02 am

My CD player was on its last legs and finally gave up the ghost the other week. Music is really important to me and I've been running an MP3 player through an old set of computer speakers, but that was not great.

Yesterday I went to Tesco to look what they had in CD micro systems and found they had a display model of a Sony with 25% off, which meant I got it for £20 less.

I'm really, really pleased with it. The sound quality is infinitely better than my old CD player and I can now enjoy all my CDs as they deserve to be heard. :D

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Morty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:25 am

Completely agree with you Tony. Given the choice between giving up my telly and giving up my Hi Fi.....No contest.

I'd do the rock star thing and the telly would be out of the window. Its taken me years to build my system and it lives in a room where Aley is NOT allowed.

Is it really sad to be in love with a machine :oops: :oops: :oops:
Morty

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:10 pm

I've just bought one of them George Formby grill things :D I might love it a bit... depends how easy my life in the kitchen gets from now on.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Morty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:21 pm

Dotsie wrote:I've just bought one of them George Formby grill things :D I might love it a bit... depends how easy my life in the kitchen gets from now on.

I've had one for 3 years Dotsie. I have a confession to make....The meat cooks brilliantly and the fat runs out into a handy tray. The idea is that you throw the fat away and eat the fat free meat.

I make slices of fried bread out of the fat..... I remember being poor :shock:

I'm sure you'll love it .... Dead easy to clean and if you keep off the fried bread very healthy. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:36 pm

i have allready mentioned this but i bought a 50in telly for £599 reduced from £899 bargain :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby janet » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:50 pm

Being snowed in had its advantages in that I wasn't able to go shopping, therefore avoided being tempted to spend money on things I don't need at prices reduced from the sublime to the gor blimey.
Just checking my bank balance puts a stop to such longings too.
Gave in to buying a book from Amazon for 1p (+p&p)
:twisted:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby And » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:54 am

Same here! My new boots had £20 off but were still £40...

I've managed to find them online now, they are Rohde 2903, cheapest price is £55 online, so much for things being cheaper on the Net. Most places seem to be selling them at £70. Gulp.
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
And

Postby And » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:56 am

:D @ 'George Formby'. They are brilliant, also had mine for a few years. Particularly recommended for bratwurst. Yum.
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
And

Postby Morty » Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:50 am

And wrote::D @ 'George Formby'. They are brilliant, also had mine for a few years. Particularly recommended for bratwurst. Yum.

George Formby grill.........This is so funny.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFppd2tuqFY

This is the first time I've laughed out loud for ages.......Priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby Morty » Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:39 am

This is a cracker.
Had to go into town for an appointment and got there a bit too early. It was cold and beginning to rain so I decided to hit the charity shops. First one I came to was The Red Cross who are doing so much for the people of Hiati. On the rack I found a black double breasted jacket that still had the pockets sewn up and in the inside pocket were a set of spare buttons. I don't think it had ever been worn.

Price on the ticket THREE QUID. I gave the lady a fiver and told her to keep the change.

On the way to my appointment I called into a gents outfitters and something similar was 65 quid.

Now thats a bargain and some good done as well.

Well happy!
Morty

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:06 pm

Morty wrote:Completely agree with you Tony. Given the choice between giving up my telly and giving up my Hi Fi.....No contest.

I'd do the rock star thing and the telly would be out of the window. Its taken me years to build my system and it lives in a room where Aley is NOT allowed.

Is it really sad to be in love with a machine :oops: :oops: :oops:

LOL no, there is nothing wrong with being in love with tech. Good idea to keep the cat out of the wiring... not only could she mess it up, she could zap herself... Image
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Morty » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:18 pm

That is a real concern to me Tina. The back of my Hi Fi looks like the National Grid and the loom of wires that run around my office is as thick as a babies arm.

Do Cats ever chew cables. Aley is very playful and the slightest thing can spark (excuse the pun) off a frenzy of kitten enthusiasm.

Some of the wires are only sound cables and others have little power in them but there are the big heavy wires that carry the punch to take out a human so no chance for Aley then.

The whole system is protected by earth leakage circuit breakers that are so sensitive they flip out if a light bulb blows......Will this save her from getting fried if she ever did chew through to the bare wire.

This is a serious question and NOT one of my usual posts that are full of what you find in Aley's litter tray :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:24 pm

the only reason i bought my hifi was that when you turned it on it said hello or good morning,afternoon,evening depending wether i had set the clock :lol: blooody thing was huge,one hell of a noise tho,its just not the same chucking the cd in the dvd player and using the tv as speakers :cry:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:31 pm

Yes they can, if unattended, usually small kittens that are teething. You and Aley are probably safe. seriously...really
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Return to The Broken Drum