What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done

Postby Morty » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:16 am

What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done.

Apart from joining this forum :lol: :lol: :lol: .

I’ve done so many it’s hard to pick the most stupid but giving 3 mates a lift home from college was probably one of the craziest. Four of us on 650 Triumph Bonneville in the days when you didn’t have to wear a crash helmet. Straight down one of busiest roads through the middle of Manchester and then another 10 miles and never saw a policeman once.

Happy Day's 8) 8) 8)
Morty

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:45 am

T120R Morty :?:WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY OLD BIKE,traded it in for a Trident3 in the end.HAPPY DAYS INDEED :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Last edited by Who's Wee Dug on Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:25 am

I once sang Nothing else matters in a karoake bar :oops:
Does that count? :wink:
On lofty Beysitoun the lingering sun looks down on ceaseless labors, long begun.
Sjoerd3000

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:53 pm

i got caught up a flag post in panama nicking their flag by a machine gun totting soldier who wasnt very impressed with me :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bickaxe » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Blimey, now where do I begin.... :lol:
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Jan 19, 2010 12:12 am

Running away from the school I was sent to in the Dominican Republic about 13 different times during my year and a half down there. It was 33 years ago, so I was relatively safe. In fact, I had a very good time while I was away from the school. I was 15, well built, and managed to stay safe and have a good time. I would NOT recommend it now though. The world is a much more dangerous place and there are too many evil people out there.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby And » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:53 am

Eloping instead of taking up my place at Uni. There again I would have probably had a couple of nervous breakdowns by now if I'd been a secondary school English teacher.

When my daughter was very small, some 30 years ago, I went away for a week to a friend's wedding, travelling across Europe on my own by train and boat. No way would I try that stunt now.

I abseiled off the Tyne Bridge in 2002. I am very frightened of bridges. I earned that sponsorship money.
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
And

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:39 am

Sjoerd3000 wrote:I once sang Nothing else matters in a karoake bar :oops:
Does that count? :wink:

Did you do it knowingly and willingly??? That counts for me, I could never find the courage to stand up in front of other people and sing...
Once a girl I knew in those days tried to make me sing : There was a guy looking for people willing to sing, and when he asked "who's coming on the stage now?" my friend made a lot of signals towards me without me noticing, so he came and dragged me on the stage, but when he gave me the microphone I.. :oops: yes, I ran for it, didn't see a stair and fell on my knees near a girl, sitting at a table. She looked concerned, thinking I had hurt myself. :oops:
I sat again at my table, but he didn't give up and followed me.. and he insisted on making me sing "kiss me Licia", the cartoon theme song... I didn't want to, I didn't even remember it, but he knew all the words as if it was a poem, and this got me hypnotised and I sang it... :oops:

This is the only thing that comes to my mind now..not a good crazyness I'm afraid..

I don't belong in this thread :oops: :oops: :oops:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

Well I was a bit drunk and someone gave me the microphone and I thought why not, it was in Germany so I knew I wouldn't see a lot of people there ever again :wink:

At school I was always called Lurch not only because I'm tall but also because of my voice :wink: I think it sounded a bit like this :P
On lofty Beysitoun the lingering sun looks down on ceaseless labors, long begun.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:44 am

I can honestly say that it was part of my job, but stupid what I did.

I was working for one of Massachusetts State Forestry Dept's (the MDC) and it was during the summer. When I woke up and got to work we found that most of the eastern section of the Blue Hills reservation was buring all night long! This is a 7,000 acre park and about 1/3 of it was burning all night long! This is a HUGE park just south of Boston and it is surrounded by houses and condo's of a HIGH PRICE NATURE and no one called anyone all night long!!!!! :shock: :shock:

So when we call got to work we jumped into our bursh fire turcks to get an idea on what was burning. I was with my boss (me being an intern for a summer job) and we drove around a section and met some of the towns firemen at an access road to discuss a plan of attack. As we drove back through the park the trail that we came out on was now engulfed in flames and as we tried to back up it was coming behind and around the truck. I jumped out and grabbed the hose and my boss started the pump. I could only take a couple of steps away from the truck and opened the nozzel of the hose.

Well the force of the water coming through the hose pushed the air out and it 'fanned the flames' but soon enough the water rushed out.

Until the momment the air 'fanned the flames' and the water came I was engulfed in FLAMES!!! I had all that yellow fire pretective gear that you seem them wearing for the big western fire, had a helmet and goggles so I was safe, but all I saw was FLAMES!!!

When I had the fire knocked down I came out of the smoke and steam and my boss was standing there his jaw dropped to his chest and eyes opened in shock. He said that all he saw was me jumping out of the truck and then I dissapered in flames and steam and then the hose was just jumping around for about 10 minutes. He didn't know if I was okay or writhing in pain! :lol: :lol:

I was absolutlty fine and having a ball, but they all said I was stupid to do such a thing. Hey I saved our truck and was able to get out fine. So wat's the big deal!
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:At school I was always called Lurch not only because I'm tall but also because of my voice :wink: I think it sounded a bit like this :P

:o tall and with a deep voice, how 8)
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Maybe I should change my avatar again :wink:
Sjoerd3000

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:06 pm

Isn't it when they wanted him to smile?? :P
CrysaniaMajere

Postby theoldlibrarian » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:59 pm

Once after painting I briskly shook the brush and the end came flying off and hit a light bulb. The bulb broke and then forgetting to turn off the electricity, I tried to unscrew the remainder of the bulb. A streak of crackling,blue flame leapt to my hand and delivered me the 120v that only Irish electric companies can provide.
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail
-Gore Vidal
theoldlibrarian

Postby swreader » Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:05 pm

My defense is that there were two carloads of us driving home for semester break -- but we left Wichita, Ks. for Liberal (about 200 miles), after chipping about 1/2 inch of ice off the windshields of two foreign cars. Mind you in 1960 a VW and a Renault were really foreign in the US. We drove into the teeth of a major blizzard with whiteout conditions. A drive that normally would have taken 3 hours or less took about 12 hours--and when we got to Liberal, we all got stuck in a snow drift and had to walk about a mile to a local motel & restaurant to call parents to come get us. We weren't worried (or at least I wasn't). There's nothing like the invincible feeling when you're young.
swreader

Next

Return to The Broken Drum