Has Jan Van Quirm been Kidnapped.......Shock..Horror.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Dotsie wrote:JAN - what were you doing on a bus in Manchester centre yesterday evening? Don't try to get out of it lady, I know it was you! Although, you seemed to be ignoring me when I shouted "Jan! Jan it's me, Dotsie! Jan! Jan! Jan! JAN! JAAAAN! IT'S DOTSIEEEE!"

PS you need to buy some more glasses. Sellotape is not a good look.

Que?????????? (is that the same connotation as exclamation points? :twisted: )

Sorry Dotsie it really wasn't me - :oops:
The farthest I've managed to get from the ole homestead since NY is Tesco's in Dunheved (Launceston) and that's still in Kernow last time I looked. :evil:

Remember I'm like you as well - I look nothing like my avatar with or without a rainbow or a flamethrower (those say sooooo much about my online personas but regrettably the pretty elfie ain't me - except for the eyes which are mine. Photoshop is just so funky! :lol: )
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:55 pm

Nope, the real you. I'm not buying it! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:29 pm

V. worrying this - perhaps I have a doppelganger? :P I have never to my certain knowledge set foot in any part of Manchester (although I may have been through there on a train or past the outskirts on a canal holiday but that was eons ago :lol: )

I have no recent photos but if she looked a bit like this...
but with longer hair like this
only darkish not blonde (or purple just now) and curlier and much, much older with hamster cheeks :lol:

or.... maybe I'm having some kind of extended psychotic episode and think I'm stranded in Cornwall but really I'm stranded in Manchester and not sharing a house with someone who goes into a decline when too much snow gums up the satellite dish for precisely two and half hours :roll: :evil:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:26 am

Exactly like the top picture! I didn't really think it was you (that would have been wierd), but the likeness was uncanny. She did however have the arm of her specs sellotaped on, and I thought you were too classy for that so it gave her away as an imposter :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:14 pm

But it's soooo Jack Duckworth to tape up your specs! :lol:

Like I said my hair's not purple just now and it's grown past me shoulderblades since that top pic was taken. :shock: :wink:

The other one used to be my railway season ticket shot but before I started wearing specs - gods I'm ancient! :oops: :lol:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm

Actually I thought I saw Sjoerd today in Manchester's Piccadilly Gardens. I think I've been wearing my hat too tight :oops:
Dotsie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 pm

It wasn't me :wink: I'm still in Groningen :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Morty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:55 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:It wasn't me :wink: I'm still in Groningen :wink:

Sorry Sjoerd I think you're being a little shy in coming forward with the truth and I don't think Dotsie had her hat on too tightly :lol:

I gave a street beggar a 50 pence coin in Piccadilly Gardens and in a very distinct Dutch accent he said ''Thank you Morty'' :roll:

Anything more to say Sjoerd............ :wink: :wink: :wink:
Morty

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:32 pm

I knew it was him! Even though he kept insisting it wasn't, as I chased him all the way down Mosley Street :lol:
Dotsie

Postby Morty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:47 pm

Dotsie wrote:I knew it was him! Even though he kept insisting it wasn't, as I chased him all the way down Mosley Street :lol:

So that was you Dotsie......My God you can shift a bit, I thought you'd caught him at one stage but the banana skin on the pavement made you suddenly swerve and he got away from you.......Wonder why he's denying being in Manchester.....I have a feeling he may be on A Team business and perhaps we had better retract our accusations in case it compromises a major international incident.

Very crafty these A Team people you know.....My honest feelings.....He's trying to find me to claim his free drinks all night long......Time me thinks to do one of me famous disappearing acts.....And in a Poof of smoke he was gone :lol:
Morty

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:55 pm

If it was Manchester, shouldn't that be the Ayup Team? :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Morty » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:08 pm

Tonyblack wrote:If it was Manchester, shouldn't that be the Ayup Team? :lol:

Me an Dotsie will av u no that up ere in Manchestor wier not a bunch of Ayup well go tut foot of our stairs hillbillies

iechyd da boyo
nos da
Morteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Morty

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:24 pm

In 1972 a crap commando unit was sent to prison by Rochdale magistrates' court for a crime they (allegedly) didn't commit. These men eventually escaped from a low security open prison to the Greater Manchester underground.

Today, still wanted by the rozzers, they survive on social security. If you have a problem*, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, and you are really, really desperate and don't have much money, maybe you can hire the Ayup-Team. :P

*Although the Citizen's Advice Bureau would probably be more useful.
Tonyblack

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Tonyblack wrote:In 1972 a crap commando unit was sent to prison by Rochdale magistrates' court for a crime they (allegedly) didn't commit. These men eventually escaped from a low security open prison to the Greater Manchester underground.

Today, still wanted by the rozzers, they survive on social security. If you have a problem*, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, and you are really, really desperate and don't have much money, maybe you can hire the Ayup-Team. :P

*Although the Citizen's Advice Bureau would probably be more useful.

:lol: :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Morty wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:If it was Manchester, shouldn't that be the Ayup Team? :lol:

Me an Dotsie will av u no that up ere in Manchestor wier not a bunch of Ayup well go tut foot of our stairs hillbillies

iechyd da boyo
nos da
Morteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I didn't say the Ayup Team were from Manchester - just that they escaped to Manchester. :wink:

That's Cannibal Smith (commander)
Face(book) - computer expert
BA (in Home Economics)
Howling Mad (Dandelion &) Burdock :lol:
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum