New Year Resolutions

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

New Year Resolutions

Postby wicked woman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:28 pm

Has anyone got one? I'm fighting the urge but it's difficult.

I resolve to put stuff away instead of leaving it lying around.
wicked woman

Re: New Year Resolutions

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:39 pm

wicked woman wrote:I resolve to put stuff away instead of leaving it lying around.

:lol: I will never be able to do it, so I don't even try to say it :lol:
CrysaniaMajere

Postby chris.ph » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:50 pm

ive promised myself that i will finish my project management exams :roll:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby bikkit » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:43 pm

My new year's resolution is to give up making New years resolutions...hang on

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:05 pm

No it's OK Bikkit - it really does work! :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby WannabeAngua » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:59 pm

Well, this must be the most boring new year's resolution ever...I'm gonna join a gym tomorrow. :oops: (Gods, what a cliché).
Am not hung up about losing weight, but it would be great to tighten up a bit, and once again being able to fit into about 90% of what's hanging in my wardrobe.
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby wicked woman » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 pm

Never mind Bikkit, at least that's your only one. I tend to make loads and break them all.
wicked woman

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:09 am

Due to the fact that my doctor told me "Look, you are beating the crap out of your pancreas", I have two choices, I can resolve to eat as few carbs as possible and learn to Understand food in a better way in order to Not wind up with diabetes, OR, I can just become a diabetic. I am not fond of either, so I think I shall Learn about the Human body and understand EXACTLY how each food affects it ( mine specifically, because blood sugar roller coaster rides really suck, now that I know that is what has been happening ). Sticking meself 5 times a day to test for sugar levels REALLY sucks, especially when each test costs $1.25 and that does Not include the blasted Lancet.

I resolve to figure out EXACTLY what the devil is wrong with me, my pancreas and my blood. There, one I can and Shall keep.

I thank all the possible mystical, or non-mystical forces which have brought me to my current doctor. She Rocks and is very honest with me and treats me with respect. Woo Hoo!!

Second resolution, I refuse to fly again. One easily kept also. My sister will have to fly to me if she wants to see me again. Or, I need a new car and will drive out there. The TSA and freakin' terrorists have led me to decide that tis better to stay home and live normally, rather than be treated like a piece of doggy poo in lines where they act like they shall Swoop upon you with Cattle prods if you even speak in line, do not move 'properly', or Do move when their tiny little clerk-like power to mess up your life Forever is motivated by some mysterious passive-aggresive rage known only to them, or you have a beating heart and a soul. I really do like flying btw.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:09 am

Tina

And there was me thinking you'd make a resolution to be more laid back and not get angry about everything all the time. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Morty » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:04 am

Due to a very irratating GP taking Strokes far more seroiusly than I do I have already given up alcohol and tobacco in the last 2 months :twisted:

The only other thing I could give up is not something I can talk about on a forum where there are teenagers :oops:

Having said that I'm sure the teenagers could teach me a thing or two about the subject I'm not really meant to discuss :oops: :oops:

So my only resolution is NOT to give up :lol:

If I post on 31st December 2010 I guess I'll be able to say for the first time in 58 years that I've actually kept a resolution......And who know's I might have even read a few more TP books :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:47 am

Here are my New Year resolutions.

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/TrxLtRAFWukIjYHP
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:54 am

I'm just determined that I will have finshed at university for good by 31st December 2010. And then I will never ever be a student again... except for the other course I'm doing which is half finished :oops:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Vena Ravenhaired » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:25 pm

My resolution is the only one I have any hope of keeping, and that is not to make one.

Cheers, Vena
I wish I was a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum, How can you be unhappy when the sun shines out yer bum?
Vena Ravenhaired

Postby Danny B » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:20 pm

The same one I make every year. To write more fiction, write better fiction and submit more often. Since I don't bother submitting short stories due to the lack of markets these days, that leaves only one avenue for a fiction writer... Next new year, I shall be sure and link back to this post in order to save myself the effort of typing it all out again. :P
Danny B

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:39 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Here are my New Year resolutions.

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/TrxLtRAFWukIjYHP
Pooh! So you have been drinking the inferior stuff called whiskey instead of the real stuff Whisky. :shock: :wink: :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Next

Return to The Broken Drum