What Prezzies Did Santa Bring you?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

What Prezzies Did Santa Bring you?

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:17 pm

As it's now Xmas Day in Japan, here's what Santa brought me. It arrived yesterday;

I recently bought this on ebay from Rob (Sir Pterry's PA)

Now, there was no mention of it being signed when I bought it. This came as a very happy surprise to me. :D

However, my ebay name and my forum name are the same. So here is some news that might make you all have a happier Xmas. :P

Maybe...just maybe..... Sir Pterry reads what we all post on this forum - afterall it is in his name. If I were him I would.

Maybe he signed it personally because he'd read what I've been posting and knew it was me.

Now there's a thought to brighten up everybody's Xmas. :P

If you're reading this Sir Pterry, I hope you have a brilliant Xmas, thanks for everything and we are all looking forward to "I shall wear Midnight".
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Morty » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:30 pm

I’m delighted for you Pooh, it must have come as a wonderful surprise.

The only signed copy of a book I’ve ever seen was in a YMCA Hostel. In every room there is a Bible. On the fly sheet of the Bible in my room someone had it signed it.....

All the very best God.
Morty

Postby poohcarrot » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:35 pm

:shock: So we've both got books signed by God! Well what a co-incidence. :lol:

However, it's easier to believe in my God, because I know that my God exists, I even know what he looks like and I've even heard him speak on youtube.. 8)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Morty » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:45 pm

poohcarrot wrote::shock: So we've both got books signed by God! Well what a co-incidence. :lol:

However, it's easier to believe in my God, because I know that my God exists, I even know what he looks like and I've even heard him speak on youtube.. 8)

I'll be at the midnight service in 8 hours Pooh so I'll be spending part of the evening with my God....Not sure if he does book signings but I'm taking several bottles of water with me and keeping my fingers crossed :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:01 pm

wow, so I don't have to say Merry Christmas to you, Pooh, it looks pretty merry to me :P Happy you had a nice surprise :D
CrysaniaMajere

Re: What Prezzies Did Santa Bring you?

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 24, 2009 6:54 pm

poohcarrot wrote:As it's now Xmas Day in Japan, here's what Santa brought me. It arrived yesterday;

I recently bought this on ebay from Rob (Sir Pterry's PA)

Now, there was no mention of it being signed when I bought it. This came as a very happy surprise to me. :D

However, my ebay name and my forum name are the same. So here is some news that might make you all have a happier Xmas. :P

Maybe...just maybe..... Sir Pterry reads what we all post on this forum - afterall it is in his name. If I were him I would.

Maybe he signed it personally because he'd read what I've been posting and knew it was me.

Now there's a thought to brighten up everybody's Xmas. :P

If you're reading this Sir Pterry, I hope you have a brilliant Xmas, thanks for everything and we are all looking forward to "I shall wear Midnight".
Rob is a real good guy really friendly to. Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby cols » Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:29 pm

really pleased for you pooh that's a really special pressie :D You must have been so chuffed to see it signed
cols

Postby Jason » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:56 pm

Usually all books from Rob and Sandra's site are signed.

Still, it's nice knowing that book is only 1 of 100 ever produced. And I'm sure not that many are signed.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:30 am

That's a real result pooh and isn't Rob a good guy! :D

Well it's 20 odd mins into the 25th and Santa hasn't got here and probably won't for me as I know my chrissy pressy's not coming until mid-January (kick-ass new PC with a humungous hard drive memory and a lovely fast processor that even the housemate can't bugger up and think it's taking too long to load up). :D I do have some very good chocs indeed though! *helps herself to a few more and some G&T* :lol: I also might strike lucky and have most of the day to myself though, but chances are they'll get him out of hospital tomorrow, if it's at all possible. :?

If not then I'll even take him a 'not-Xmas' picnic into the hospital for him as my charitable excursion for the day, but it's looking like he'll just get a taxi home if they do let him go. I know - I'm a callous cow but I'm not a 2-faced one at least. :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:59 am

When I opened my prezzies my expressions looked something like this: :o :shock: :D :mrgreen:

I got "the folklore of Discworld" (another brilliant and funny genious work by Terry Pratchett) and a wacom graphic tablet ( :o ).
That came pretty unexpected; I'd mentioned to my dad before that those were really great (and so on) but I never expected them to get one for me (thanks so much mum and dad), because those things are expensive. :shock:

So far I've had a brilliant night doodling around with it and experimenting with different stuff. I then ended up colouring an old Rincewind Sketch in photoshop. (http://catnip94.deviantart.com/art/bad-day-147914006 :wink: ) I finished it about ten minutes ago and now it's nearly two in the morning... *sleeping with her eyes open*

So, good night everyone and have a lovely 25th!

Cheery
Cheery

Postby Morty » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:38 am

I didn't get my bottles of water turned into wine but I did get a fantastic present.......A message of hope and a huge boost to my faith that I will recover from all my disabilities.

I have not felt this good for a very very long time and while I have this feeling there is no chance of me going to bed. I was dreading this Christmas and already the first 90 minutes have been better than most Christmas's I can remember.
Morty

Postby Phoenix » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:09 am

Morty wrote:I didn't get my bottles of water turned into wine but I did get a fantastic present.......A message of hope and a huge boost to my faith that I will recover from all my disabilities.

I have not felt this good for a very very long time and while I have this feeling there is no chance of me going to bed. I was dreading this Christmas and already the first 90 minutes have been better than most Christmas's I can remember.

I'm glad you're feeling so good :D Merry Christmas and long may it continue :D
Phoenix

Postby wicked woman » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:12 am

So far I have 2 bottles, a pretty necklace and some chocolate scented bath stuff. All very nice, I love choc scented stuff almost as much as I love choc. :D Oh, and this super laptop was an early present from my lovely other half. I am one lucky woman. Off to spend Christmas at the daughters and be driven mad by grandkids. :D
wicked woman

Postby Morty » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:42 am

Phoenix wrote:
Morty wrote:I didn't get my bottles of water turned into wine but I did get a fantastic present.......A message of hope and a huge boost to my faith that I will recover from all my disabilities.

I'm glad you're feeling so good :D Merry Christmas and long may it continue :D

Merry Christmas to you too Phoenix hope to speak to you later. I'm just getting ready to go for a walk to the top of a local beauty spot. IF I make it to the top I'll post some pictures later. Hope you have a wonderful day :wink:
Morty

Postby AM » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:27 pm

I got seven Pratchett books. :D and I have already finished two of them. But I don´t know if that is a good thing or not.... 8)
"Oh, please sue the University! We´ve got a pond full of people who tried to sue the University...! Going Postal
AM

Next

Return to The Broken Drum