Sgt. Pratchett’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Sgt. Pratchett’s Lonely Hearts Club Band.

Postby Morty » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:38 pm

I know I keep going on about my amazing friends and all they’ve done for me to make life at home possible for me but others might not be so lucky.

I have specifically asked my friends to leave me alone on Christmas Day evening so I can be alone with my thoughts and memories of my Lady who is no longer with us.

I know she would be very proud of me if did something to help others over Christmas so if anybody finds themselves alone over Christmas I’ll be around on the evening of the 25th and would be more than happy join anyone in raising an interwebby glass of good cheer.

Merry Christmas
Sgt. Morty.
Morty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:27 pm

Whether or not the Housemate's back tomorrow (depends on whether he gets a physiotherapist to declare him competent with his new crutches/zimmer frame :roll: I'll be around a fair bit tomorrow in the evening especially...

Soooo - here's a little visual for ya :wink:

Catch you and whoever in here tomo 8)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Cheery » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:03 am

This is just brilliant! :lol:

Did you do that, Jan? (must've been quite some work!)
Cheery

Postby Morty » Fri Dec 25, 2009 1:08 am

Just love the album sleeve Jan.

You've just made an iconic image even more iconic.........
Merry Christmas Jan.......See you in here tomorrow........

Can I be Ringo.
Morty

Postby wicked woman » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:00 am

Good morning Monty. Just wanted to wish you and everyone all the best, I hope your day goes well and life improves in the new year.
wicked woman

Postby Morty » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:32 am

wicked woman wrote:Good morning Monty. Just wanted to wish you and everyone all the best, I hope your day goes well and life improves in the new year.

Thank you dear Lady.....Perhaps you're not so wicked after all :lol:
I can assure you life will improve.
I've made my mind up it will :wink: :wink: :wink:

A very Merry Christmas to you as well.
Morty

Postby Cheery » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:40 am

Merry Christmas from me too!

God, what a night yesterday! I went to bed at four in the morning and got up at nine again and I'm already totally knackered. But I can't go back to sleep when I've got up already :roll: .

So, how's your night been?
Cheery

Postby Morty » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:00 am

Cheery wrote:Merry Christmas from me too!

God, what a night yesterday! I went to bed at four in the morning and got up at nine again and I'm already totally knackered. But I can't go back to sleep when I've got up already :roll: .

I sent a few emails to friends I won't see today and ate ''things'' your really not supposed to eat at 4.00am in the morning :roll: I dozed off in my chair and woke up at 9.20am.

I've my first coffee of the day and I'm feeling good.
I put it down to seeing this forum being it's usual friendy self but with added festive spirit :wink:

I'm probably far too old to be able to do what you did last night Cheery but I'm having fun imagining :twisted:

Merry Christmas
Morty

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:08 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Cheery » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:08 pm

Morty wrote:
Cheery wrote:Merry Christmas from me too!

I sent a few emails to friends I won't see today and ate ''things'' your really not supposed to eat at 4.00am in the morning :roll: I dozed off in my chair and woke up at 9.20am.

I've my first coffee of the day and I'm feeling good.
I put it down to seeing this forum being it's usual friendy self but with added festive spirit :wink:

I'm probably far too old to be able to do what you did last night Cheery but I'm having fun imagining :twisted:

Merry Christmas

I don't want to know what you're imagining :shock: :lol:

We had the whole family here yesterday and the house was so full of people you could hardly move. But it was fun and festive. :)
Cheery

Postby Jason » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:34 pm

Happy Hogswatch everyone.
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Phoenix » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Merry Christmas everyone :D I'm having some chill-out time in bed before wrapping my sisters pressie (left it just a bit late!) and making my second trip downstairs today to open some pressies with the family :) I slept for a few hours this afternoon and I'm not feeling too icky, even though I only got 5 hours sleep last night :)

Will probably end up haunting this thread later tonight though, I'll be up for a few hours after everyone else has gone to bed!
Phoenix

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Merry Christmas all!

:D Finally made it - the Elf thread's getting a little 'volatile' :lol: and before I was driving mostly as I had to go and pick mum up and then we both went to see the housemate in hospital (he's got his zimmer frame but it can't be taken out of the hospital and physio have to measure him up for a big boys one as he's not a little old lady so he's deemed 'too big' for a normal one :roll: ). He may not get out until next Tues now... Which is kind of good news as really I'm dreading him coming home TBH. :oops: The dog'll be pleased though, even though he won't be getting any walkies from that quarter for at least 6 weeks.

Alcohol and chocs excepted, I'm having non-Xmas food today, which is quite nice actually as I get really bored with mince pies especially. :lol:

Sounds like everyone's having a good time - respect to Cheery for 'bouncing back' from her short snooze! The rip off sleeve was a 30 mins max session in Photoshop :wink: All I changed was the drum with a patch job, and the same for The Beatles with the red flowers in front of that so it wasn't that complicated really. :lol:

Also great to hear you're going to have another sesh downstairs Phoenix - I'm hopeless with pressie-giving deadlines too. I was once knitting at 3 am on Xmas morning trying to finish off a vest for my dad (it had reindeer on it!). It was supposed to have sleeves but I fouled up on the amount of wool needed as well.... :oops: :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Morty » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:34 pm

Hi Jan,

I had a non festive dinner as well.
Chicken Korma on a bed of Suicide Rice.....Suicide Rice is rice cooked in water with dried chillies and garlic salt.
Dessert was Rice Pudding and a large mug of tea.

I still think your adaptation of the album sleeve was brilliant Jan.

Are we the only two lonely hearts in here tonight :oops:
Hope it's not garlic that's put everyone off :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby janet » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:48 pm

There's always me.......and garlic doesn't offend (or didn't until I bought a bunch of the smoked variety and we had to banish it to the garage due to complaints (even the spiders give it a wide berth in there).
I love Jan's Sgt Pepper adaptation - very subtle and cute!
I've eaten and drunk too much and a lot of it was seasonal stuff, sprouts, fruit cake etc. Might be an idea to open a window later :shock:
Nice day though, sunny but still bitterly cold and it's snowing AGAIN tonight. Enough snow already :x
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Next

Return to The Broken Drum