(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Morty » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:27 pm

chris.ph wrote:have you crept into the crypt yet morty :lol:

Craxxed and crept out again Chris :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby Morty » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Thanks Crysania.......Had a great time thank you :wink:

The Brighton Nightlife sounds ideal for me Penfold......It’ll make a pleasant change for me not to fall asleep first :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you Tony ......The Congrats need to go to the others who put up with me :cry: :cry: :cry:

Wicked Woman you wrote ‘’ The lord helps those who help themselves’’ What a difference it would have made if the Judge at my recent shoplifting trial had seen it the same way :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby Grymm » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:02 pm

Penfold wrote:Try clubbing in Brighton :wink:

Oooh is the Hungry Years still going? Many a happy hour spent there chatting up 'fraggles' albeit somewhat herbally/chemically assisted.

Some Chilterns woodland this afternoon.

Futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis.
Grymm

Postby Penfold » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:25 pm

I'm not sure if the Years is still going as I stopped going when the (then) new owners changed it from a heavy rock venue to a gay club. This happened pretty much overnight and I heard that they forgot to advertise the change of music scene. They were rather surprised when one of the London Chapters of the Hells Angels came down for a weekend visit :lol: (not half as surprised as the bikers, I should think!).

Good photo!
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:30 pm

MORTY DO YOU GET PAID DOUBLE TIME FOR SUNDAYS :oops: CAPS LOCK ON AGAIN.Image :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Morty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:21 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:MORTY DO YOU GET PAID DOUBLE TIME FOR SUNDAYS :oops: CAPS LOCK ON AGAIN.Image :lol:

Ha Ha NO CHANCE!
Even the Vicar doesn't get double time as she only works one day a week and under the Union agreement you can't have double time uless you've done a full 40 hour week.

With all this blasphemy coming out of my head I can see my place in heaven slipping further and further away.

Shakes head in shame!
Morty

Postby Batty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:13 pm

Thought you might like to see some pics that I've taken over the last couple of days...

Image Image

Some tree branches
Image Image

I went a bit mad with the camera - but snow makes things so pretty!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Morty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:24 pm

Great close ups Batty......You must have very steady hands to get close ups that clear unless you used a tripod.
Morty

Postby Batty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:32 pm

Thanks, Morty. No I don't use a tripod, I just aim the camera and slowly press the shutter! :lol:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Morty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:09 pm

Batty wrote:Thanks, Morty. No I don't use a tripod, I just aim the camera and slowly press the shutter! :lol:

We are going to have to rename you ''Cool Hand Batty'' 8)

Honestly to get that close up and to still be so sharp takes a very cool hand :wink:

Memo to myself......Never play cards with Ba.....Sorry.....Cool Hand Batty 8) 8) 8)
Morty

Postby Morty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Hey Man this is going to be a really weird trip but I’m actually going to bring this thread back on topic....

Went for a walk a couple of miles from where I live this afternoon and as per usual took along my camera......Sorry guys it’s Holiday Photos time again........ROTF&PMSL

I’m going to dedicate this set of pictures to Dotsie.....As a fellow Mancunian she will know how dismal the River Irwell can look in the middle of Manchester. Some of the following pictures show The River Irwell in a totally different light..........

Honestly Dotsie this is the River Irwell....

The tiny spec on top of the hill is the momument I climbed to the top of on Christmas Day

We have pretty big Mice where I live hence the need for a pretty big Mousetrap

Morty

Postby Doughnut Jimmy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Lovely photos Morty, especially the last one of the icicles on the bridge.
"when the gods made sheep they must've left their brains in their other coat"
Doughnut Jimmy

Postby And » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:48 pm

I have to agree Doughnut Jimmy, the one of the icicles on the bridge is fantastic. You have a great eye, Mordy, but you didn't need me to tell you that.

I played 'Spot The Longest Icicle' on the way into work on the bus this morning. The winner was one measuring around 4'6'' hanging from some eaves in Shotton Colliery.
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
And

Postby Batty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:37 pm

Well done, Morty! My favourites are the bridge photo's.

Your photo's are always calming and picturesque. I do enjoy viewing them.
Batty

Postby Morty » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:33 pm

Wow thank you for the comments on my photos. I can't use my SLR at the moment so I’ve been using a Nikon Coolpix S640 compact that's semi permanently on loan :lol:

Loosely translated that means I don't want to give it back :lol: :lol:

It's fully automatic, easily operated with one hand and fits neatly into a pocket so I can always take it with me when I go out.

I can’t afford it but I know I’m going to end up making an offer on this camera.

Should get it at a good price now it’s officially second hand :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum