Winter Wonderland.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Morty » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:33 pm

chris.ph wrote:the canon eos 1000d is £300 morty and has just won the stuff magazine camera of the year

Thanks Chris but I think the 300 quid is for the body only. Then you need a lens. Still worth looking at as I'm really at the beginning of my search. When....When the roads are clear I'll get into Manchester city center and do some serious window shopping.

The EOS 1000D is on my list and if I can get a decent lens for a 100 quid then it's very much in the frame.....You could see that pun coming from a very long way away couldn't you.....PMSL :oops: :oops: :oops:
Morty

Postby Dr Theobald » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:07 pm

Morty wrote:the value of my Fuji second hand is only couple of quid more than a Kodak Brownie Box Camera :oops:

As much as that! I have a superb Nikon F50 with a MicroNikkor lens (will focus to a cm in incredible detail) but being a FILM camera it also seems to have a secondhand value around Box Brownie level

Being a film camera I have not used it for ages - and probably never will

Dr T
Dr Theobald

Postby Batty » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:09 pm

Morty wrote:
chris.ph wrote:the canon eos 1000d is £300 morty and has just won the stuff magazine camera of the year

The EOS 1000D is on my list and if I can get a decent lens for a 100 quid then it's very much in the frame.....You could see that pun coming from a very long way away couldn't you.....PMSL :oops: :oops: :oops:

Will it depend on a photo finish, or a flash decision?
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Morty » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:26 pm

Batty wrote:
Morty wrote:

Will it depend on a photo finish, or a flash decision?

I'll expose myself and focus in on any body who is prepared to pose a suggestion that will help me in my quest for a bargain. When I've decided I'll zoom down to the camera shop and hope they are still open and the shutter has not been drawn down. I hope that with a new camera I can develop my skills and put a stop to badly composed pictures
Morty

Postby wicked woman » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:23 am

Groan.
wicked woman

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:01 am

I need to lie down in a dark room :roll:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Morty » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:05 pm

I braved the weather this morning and went for a gentle and very careful stroll. I have decided that I need to keep myself active and have got myself a few hours work a week by volunteering my services to my local church. This morning’s dry run was too make sure I could get there tomorrow for my first shift and to see how long it would take to get there.

My new office.......and even in these conditions 10 minutes away

I know it’s a hard life but someone has to do it :lol:

Looking on the bright side if I have another stroke and I’m not so lucky I’m working in the right place :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby And » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:04 am

Boy, I hope it's not too cold in there! Good luck!
Wisdom comes from experience. Experience is often a result of lack of wisdom.
And

Postby wicked woman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:43 am

And from me Morty. Very posh office, don't trip over the statuary on the way in.
wicked woman

Postby Morty » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Thank you And and Wicked Woman,

My first day was a wonderful experience. It’s not often nowadays that I go to places where EVERYONE is younger than me :oops:

The church yard was under a foot of snow so my first day was spent clearing a path from the Lychgate to the main door of the church.
The temptation to ask why The Boss was able to clear a pathway through The Red Sea but not in the church yard was overwhelming but I didn’t want to push it on my first day :lol:

I just know that something bad is going to happen today for having such irreverent thoughts :oops: :oops:
Morty

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:24 pm

I'm so glad your first day went well!!!!! :P
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Penfold » Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Morty wrote:My first day was a wonderful experience. It’s not often nowadays that I go to places where EVERYONE is younger than me :oops:

Try clubbing in Brighton :wink:

Glad your first day went well!
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby chris.ph » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:12 pm

have you crept into the crypt yet morty :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:20 pm

Congrats Morty! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:22 pm

Morty wrote:Thank you And and Wicked Woman,

My first day was a wonderful experience. It’s not often nowadays that I go to places where EVERYONE is younger than me :oops:

The church yard was under a foot of snow so my first day was spent clearing a path from the Lychgate to the main door of the church.
The temptation to ask why The Boss was able to clear a pathway through The Red Sea but not in the church yard was overwhelming but I didn’t want to push it on my first day :lol:

I just know that something bad is going to happen today for having such irreverent thoughts :oops: :oops:

The lord helps those who help themselves.
wicked woman

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum