Winter Wonderland.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Winter Wonderland.

Postby Morty » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:06 pm

With all the snow making this week feel very Christmassy I thought it would be a good idea to share our Winter Wonderland pictures with each other. They don’t have to be David Bailey standard just a picture of your back garden or your local high street. I read that Phoenix was out the other day taking pictures and it was that post that gave me the idea for this thread.

We all have phones that have camera’s on them so before the rain or the big thaw comes let’s try to keep the festive spirit going.

I found this picture on my computer, I have no idea where it was taken as I’m not too good at cataloguing my pictures but it’s a start.

Morty

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:30 pm

It doesn't snow here in Tucson very often - except at the tops of the mountains. There's even a ski resort at the top of Mount Lemmon. :shock:

Here's some pictures I took a couple of years ago of the Santa Catalina Mountains (to the north of Tucson) after a snowfall.

"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Morty » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:23 pm

Very nice pictures Tony .... What sort of camera do you use the pictures are pin sharp and very clear.....I'm taking a wild guess it's not a Brownie Box camera :lol:
Morty

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:41 pm

Those pictures were taken with my 35mm SLR camera and zoom lens. I got them put on disc rather than made into photos. But now I use a Panasonic digital camera with a really excellent zoom to it. :wink:

Of course it's hard to take a 'bad' picture in Tucson - the light here is just perfect. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Morty » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:50 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Of course it's hard to take a 'bad' picture in Tucson - the light here is just perfect. :D

Do you want to bet a pint on that Tony.....I can screw up a photo in film studio :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby swreader » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:29 pm

This isn't unfortunately a recent picture of snow in the Desert. We've got a wind advisory and a temperature of 66.
:roll:
swreader

Postby Morty » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:43 pm

Wow it's been cold enough to freeze the whatsits off a Giant Snowman :lol: :lol: :lol:

Morty

Postby Batty » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:36 am

Here are some I took on the 18th. I did take the photo's whilst looking through the window, so they do have a slight blue tinge!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:15 am

Oooh Batty! You've been building snow ducks in your garden. How cute. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:46 am

They closest place i can find snow here is the ski rink half an hour away. Those ducks are cute. Mind you, with the rainy season around sometimes when i wake up i could swear its winter.

You know, you can make it look like its snowed if you take a close up photo of a pine treee with flash. Not a pine tree, though. :lol:
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:49 pm

I already posted some winter pictures on another thread but here are some more :wink:

car

Street where my sister lives in Groningen

This building used to be a pharmacy it was built in 1895/1896
HUMANS NEED FANTASY TO BE HUMAN. TO BE THE PLACE WHERE THE FALLING ANGEL MEETS THE RISING APE.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Phoenix » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:49 am

I went out before we got most of our snow, but it was a lovely clear, sunny winters day so I still got some nice pics :) I got very distracted by berries on bushes of various shapes and sizes, some with snow and some that were overhanging the pavement :) Most of my photos look quite rural, but as I can't go out that far at the mo, I've become quite creative at avoiding the buildings and cars :P

A couple I took when I went out:

And one taken from the spare room window, after more snow fell:

I'm hoping to get a new camera sometime soon. I feel bad getting a new one when mine still works, but I would love one with a better zoom :D
Phoenix

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:30 am

Those are lovely Phoenix - I love snow on the branches.

Well done everyone - great wintry photos - :D If I get time later on I'll put some of mine up, but I have to go out soon as the grounds still like a skating rink here and I have to shop and stuff before it gets dark and freezes it all some more :roll:

"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Morty » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:17 pm

This will probably be the last picture of the present snow as slowly it’s beginning to thaw in Manchester.

Picture taken at 10.00am this morning.

Morty

Postby Phoenix » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:04 am

Thank you Jan :)

Here's a few more I took when I went out today :) There isn't snow on the trees or anything any more- just a couple of inches of half-frozen slush on the roads and pavements! It was a little bit challanging for my dad to push me down to the doctors!

Not exactly a winter wonderland, but our poor fish in the mostly frozen pond!

Snow in the rose bush pot.

And a slightly distressed rose against the snow.

Phoenix

Next

Return to The Broken Drum