Post of the Year 2009

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:58 pm

"Morty" suits you Morty. It has a certain Discworldian ring about it (ie; Mort - a book you haven't read) and is easy to remember how to spell, unlike "CrysaniaMajere or Mortimer Possulfwaite."

Can I nominate your above post as the best of the year? :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:01 pm

That joke lost a bit in translation because my post started the second page. :(

So instead of "above" I mean previous. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Morty » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:36 pm

poohcarrot wrote:"Morty" suits you Morty. It has a certain Discworldian ring about it (ie; Mort - a book you haven't read) and is easy to remember how to spell, unlike "CrysaniaMajere or Mortimer Possulfwaite."

Can I nominate your above post as the best of the year? :lol:

Pooh I promise you on the 31st of January I will be making a New Year resolution to read more Terry Pratchett books. I know I've been slacking but since my stroke I'm very restless. I don't like being told by my doctor to go to bed and stay there until I get better :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I have tried to make time to read the books I have but everything I do now takes me 3 times as long as it used to do, and when I've finished doing my chores I'm knackered.

I know you've seen my post where I asked about audio CD's and one way or the other I'll get hold of some of those and get them onto my MP3 player. That way I can keep my apartment clean and have someone read to me while I'm working. :wink:

You have to learn how to multitask when half of your body packs up but I want to join in with the other boards on this forum so its a new year resolution I intend to keep.

My previous post cannot be compared to your brilliantly amusing birthday greeting to Dotsie so I'll settle for a pat on the back :oops:

Please can Pat be in her late 20's, 5' 11'' tall with 34'' 22'' 34'' figure, brunette and have a fetish for older men :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Mon Dec 21, 2009 2:47 am

I believe there are many funny posts. I love the sharing and fun. I cannot pick just one.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:27 am

I liked the change to "Morty" too :P :wink: but if CrysaniaMajere is too long you can call me by my first name Crysania or just Crys :D as you already do, btw, and I like it :P Anyway everybody calls you Pooh not Poohcarrot :D so I'm calling you Pooh as well, but I'll stop if it bothers you :P .I won't change my name 'cause that would mean forget my Raistlin and i can't do that :( now, back on topic :o
A post that made me laugh (among many others) is this

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
pooh wrote:You know you're obsessed with Discworld when you start wondering what kind of pants Angua wears.

Whoops!!

'Tis a valid disc issue after all. It's the 2-legged sort of course, probably little ones so they easily pack into her little gucci collar bag for emergency clothing. :P

Wolves of either gender don't need knickers... 8)

You know you're obsessed with Discworld when you come up with plausible solutions to stupid male fascination with lady werewolf's intimate apparel :lol:

:lol: :lol: can't help it :lol:

This is a post that's funny and makes me laugh because that's exactly what I do when I love something as I love Discworld=trying to find an explanation for things that appear to make no sense,but there are many many wonderful posts so thanks to Pooh for what he said in his post. This is such a lovely forum that I actually can't wait coming here even if it means coming to work, because they are friends and they let me use the computer when there's noone and therefore nothing else to do. The first thing I do (after putting away my purse) is open the forum page :P Thanks to you all for being so lovely and nice :D
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:44 am

I actually prefer Mortimer, unless i forget to click 'quote'. But then i cuss anyway if i forget that.

Here are two sections of posts i'd like to nominate for funniest post.
One of jan and mortimer, and one on jan's advice.

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:I'd never heard the joke before Freddy and like you I thought it was very funny.The way Terry speaks actually makes it even funnier. You don't tend to hear such well spoken gents telling jokes like that. The tongue in cheek remark warning the lady members not to click on the link was exactly that ....Tongue in cheek.....How many Ladies took my advise I wonder :roll:

Where? What ladies? Here? :lol:
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:53 am

here's the second. I've read it ten times and i'm still, as pooh would say, PingMSLing

poohcarrot wrote:
CrysaniaMajere wrote:
Jan Van Quirmbugger

:lol: :lol: :lol: PMSL!!

[quote="CrysaniaMajere wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:
CrysaniaMajere wrote:
Jan Van Quirmbugger

:lol: :lol: :lol: PMSL!!
I lost a ']':roll: and didn't notice... it looks better now :roll:

[quote="poohcarrot wrote:No, it doesn't! :lol: :lol: :lol: (still PingMSL!)
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum