Best Christmas present ever......

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby janet » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Best Christmas present ever.....OK sorry if I go back on topic here....was roughly 55 years ago and came in a giant Christmas cracker which I have no idea how it got pulled/dismantled successfully but out came my beloved bear Edwina. She was a present from my grandma and grandpa Wilson and is still with me today.....her growl failed after she had to be washed due my throwing up on her when still a child!, her stuffing dropped and I've had to do some remedial work on her paws over the years but she's still here and reminds me of the dear people who chose her as mine all those years ago.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Danny B » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:52 pm

Best Christmas prezzie ever?

Some time in March, about five or six years ago, whilst in the supermarket with my wife and her kid sister, I noticed for the first time in my life that it was possible to get tomato ketchup with Worcestershire sauce in it. I was all set to drop some in the trolley when I noticed nearly two quid a bottle! Being a Chizzit* by nature, I balked at paying that much for something to put on my bacon butties.

Nine months later, my little sister-in-law presented me with a bottle of tomato and Worcestershire sauce, complete with miniature bow and inside it's own little gift bag.:D What can I say? I'm easily pleased.

Chizzit:- A creature from the north of England, recognizable by it's cry of "HOW much is it?" whenever presented with a price tag
Danny B

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:53 am

Danny B wrote:Chizzit:- A creature from the north of England, recognizable by it's cry of "HOW much is it?" whenever presented with a price tag

oh gosh, I'm a Chizzit !!!! Wait, I'm not from the north of England....
:o
CrysaniaMajere

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:56 am

I'm a Chizzit too. Even in pubs, I won't buy a glass of wine without asking first :twisted:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:55 pm

I am too. When I look at how much (for example) a bar of chocolate costs, and I remark at the till: "How much? That's 7 shillings & 8 pence in old money!"
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Bickaxe » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:25 pm

A few years ago now, but the boys came down with a bug after breaking up from School. The eldest spent his birthday running to the bathroom all day, then when he got over it, his little brother had it, who then passed it on to me (despite me not catching anything from them all year) on Christmas Eve (so we moved the party at our neighbours to ours as it as safer :lol: )

I had just sold my house and went mad on presents (like normal) with the boys getting everything they asked for (even the bikes which threw them as they couldn't work out where they had been hidden). All I wanted was some anti sick tablets and a cork for my ar...well, you get the picture :lol:

Then the missus of the time had it on Boxing Day.

What did I get for Christmas that was so great? A positive pregnancy test as it turned out it was morning sickness for her, not the bug from hell. I got a girl in the end which is nice!
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Trish » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:00 am

Batty wrote:
Trish wrote:My then-b/f got me a pickup truck for Christmas in '88.
Complete with an motorcycle rail in the bed and a state of the art cassette player.

Your bed had a motorcycle rail??? Image

The flat part of a pickup truck behind the cab is known as the bed.
Trish

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:33 am

Batty wrote:I am too. When I look at how much (for example) a bar of chocolate costs, and I remark at the till: "How much? That's 7 shillings & 8 pence in old money!"

Me too. Except i'm a bit further south. I know a lot of people who would want to kill me cos they didnt include the price tags on purpose. :lol:
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
Ponder Stibbons

Postby Trish » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:34 am

A job.

I was hired today to work the US 2010 census.
Steady work, guaranteed, through September.
Trish

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:38 am

Trish wrote:A job.

I was hired today to work the US 2010 census.
Steady work, guaranteed, through September.

How lovely! :D

Congratulations Trish!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:49 am

Great stuff an extra Chrisse prezzie that lasts quite a while and you get paid for it. 8)

I hope you don't get too bored with it Trish . :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby swreader » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:18 am

What a neat present Trish! I'm so :D for you. And maybe by next September, things in the job market will look better. Fingers crossed!
swreader

Postby Morty » Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:45 am

Delighted for you Trish. When you need a job there's never one going but when you have a job other positions seem to be available everywhere. I hope the new job goes well you but keep on looking Trish.......The perfect job might just be around the corner.

Good luck.....and have a very happy new year.
Morty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:25 am

What fantastic timing! Merry Xmas Trish! (((hugs))) Image
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:19 pm

congratulations Trish :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum