Best Christmas present ever......

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Best Christmas present ever......

Postby Morty » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:44 am

Call me predictable, call me unimaginative.....No one caught the hint I made so here it is :oops:

What was your best ever Christmas present? :oops: :oops:

For the weeks leading up to Christmas of 1994 at every opportunity I dragged my partner to Jewellers windows and drooled over the Rolex’s. Every time I did it she would scornfully say ‘’Maybe a Timex but not a Rolex’’ and then playfully laugh and waltz off to the nearest dress shop.

Age was brilliant at fooling me and soon she took over and dragged me to Jewellers windows so that she could ‘’Get a feel for the Timex I’d like the most’’

With very little interest in Christmas I wandered into the lounge on Christmas day to be presented with a watch sized box. With forced enthusiasm I open the box and sure enough there inside was a Timex. Where the ‘’Thank you’s that’s just what I wanted’’ came from I don’t know but I did my best.

All day long Age kept asking me what time it was and then remarking ‘’It keeps wonderfull time doesn’t it darling’’

By 11.30 I’d had enough and suggested an early night. Age agreed and trundled off to the bathroom and when I heard her open the bedroom door I joined in her bed to be presented with another watch sized present.

Age was giggling like a schoolgirl and shaking with anticipation. Sure enough it was the Rolex I’d seen on the first day I dragged her to the Jewellers window.
A very special memory for me and the best Christmas I ever had.........

Over to you Guys.
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:44 pm

James Bond car with the ejector seat, rotating number plates and the shield that came up on the boot when you pressed a button. :P
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Morty » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:07 pm

poohcarrot wrote:James Bond car with the ejector seat, rotating number plates and the shield that came up on the boot when you pressed a button. :P


A walk down memory lane for you Pooh

Image

I wish I still had mine.....you do know that a mint condition one in the box is worth almost as much as the real thing.......

Happy days.......
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:08 pm

ARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH! :shock:

Dat's der bunny!!!! :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Morty » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:11 pm

I think that picture will bring back happy memories for quite a few members who like us Pooh are of a certain generation!
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:41 pm

:oops: Yeah me too - me and my sisters wore the shield thingie out pretty quick (in fact it broke off altogether and the cat ate it and promptly sicked it up again in a furball) :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
User avatar
Jan Van Quirm
Member
 
Posts: 10635
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:07 pm
Location: Dunheved, Kernow

Postby chris.ph » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:14 pm

Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:James Bond car with the ejector seat, rotating number plates and the shield that came up on the boot when you pressed a button. :P


A walk down memory lane for you Pooh

Image

I wish I still had mine.....you do know that a mint condition one in the box is worth almost as much as the real thing.......

Happy days.......




the gold astons are very rare the silver ones are more common

which rolex was it morty as ive got a thing about watches :?:


my best present was a claude butler drop handle bar bike i loved it, after i had that my perants never knew where i was :lol: :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
User avatar
chris.ph
Member
 
Posts: 8785
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
Location: swansea south wales

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:32 pm

When I was young and innocent, (more or less) I wanted an Easy Bake oven... I used to make my Dad little cakes and brownies... *basks in the nice memory*
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
User avatar
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit
Member
 
Posts: 3885
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 7:25 pm
Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby CrysaniaMajere » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:14 am

does it have to be a "christmas" present or can it be something else? :P
because the presents that make my eyes weep are:
-a birthday present, when i was still a teenager: my boyfriend at that time liked computer and knowing i love to write he made me a little program that had all the classic sounds of a typewriter. he said it was very simple, no big deal, the thing of a few minutes work, but i loved it because it was a "present for me", studied for me :P i still have it and use it :P

-a valentine present: i like puzzles very much, but i don't do them anymore because i have no space left in my house :lol: well, 3 years ago my actual boyfriend came where i was working with a valentine card: it was a puzzle, and after i put all the pieces together it was a heart and he had wrote in the back some beautiful words. :D
we often don't even do each other gifts, so that was a double surprise!

do they count, even if they were not Christmas presents? maybe i should have waited for a "best birthday present ever" and "best valentine present ever" thread :lol: :lol:
User avatar
CrysaniaMajere
Member
 
Posts: 1863
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: italy-genova

Postby Marvin » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:58 pm

CrysaniaMajere wrote:does it have to be a "christmas" present or can it be something else? :P
because the presents that make my eyes weep are:
-a birthday present, when i was still a teenager: my boyfriend at that time liked computer and knowing i love to write he made me a little program that had all the classic sounds of a typewriter. he said it was very simple, no big deal, the thing of a few minutes work, but i loved it because it was a "present for me", studied for me :P i still have it and use it :P

-a valentine present: i like puzzles very much, but i don't do them anymore because i have no space left in my house :lol: well, 3 years ago my actual boyfriend came where i was working with a valentine card: it was a puzzle, and after i put all the pieces together it was a heart and he had wrote in the back some beautiful words. :D
we often don't even do each other gifts, so that was a double surprise!

do they count, even if they were not Christmas presents? maybe i should have waited for a "best birthday present ever" and "best valentine present ever" thread :lol: :lol:


Nice !
User avatar
Marvin
New member
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:38 pm
Location: Behind you!

Postby Morty » Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:55 pm

chris.ph wrote:


which rolex was it morty as ive got a thing about watches :?:




Sorry Chris I wasn't being ignorant I saw your post yesterday and kept meaning to reply and kept forgetting.....I tend to that nowadays.

The Timex!

Image

Oh and in another of your posts you said you didn't know any wood butchers that could knit.....I'll have you know my Knit One Purl One is the talk of The Women's Institute........PMSL

Gotta go TIME is pressing :oops:
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Postby Ponder Stibbons » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 am

Me and my dad both want watches 4 hogswatch too, but all the shops only sell expensive ones like Robinson Crusoe or wat was it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

My best hogswatch pressy was..... a pair of Discworld books and a packet of seeds.
Hey, i like plants and i wouldnt be on here otherwise. :D
Smilies are friends, not food. Image
..............Now You See It, Now You Don't..............Image
Proud Copper Widow
User avatar
Ponder Stibbons
Member
 
Posts: 1304
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:31 pm
Location: Indonesia, and a small space in my head.

Postby Trish » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:06 pm

My then-b/f got me a pickup truck for Christmas in '88.
Complete with an motorcycle rail in the bed and a state of the art cassette player.
Trish
Member
 
Posts: 547
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:54 pm
Location: Wintersville, Ohio

Postby Batty » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:42 pm

Trish wrote:My then-b/f got me a pickup truck for Christmas in '88.
Complete with an motorcycle rail in the bed and a state of the art cassette player.

Your bed had a motorcycle rail??? Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
User avatar
Batty
Member
 
Posts: 4701
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 pm
Location: East Anglia

Postby chris.ph » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:10 pm

nice oyster morty :D ive got a thing about omegas and breitlings :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
User avatar
chris.ph
Member
 
Posts: 8785
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
Location: swansea south wales

Next

Return to The Broken Drum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], wicked woman and 16 guests