whats the worst present youve ever had

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

whats the worst present youve ever had

Postby chris.ph » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:02 pm

i received shampoo gift set a couple of years ago, not to bad i here you say except ive got no hair :lol: wots your worst present :?:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Batty » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:41 pm

Being a twin, a rather horrible aunt didn't like to buy even one decent present, let alone two.
She gave us a present of a gift wrapped, flower-embroidered hankie between us.
A hankie, mind you ... we both wondered if we were meant to use it, wash it and then pass it to the other, as we have no idea how she envisaged us being able to share it! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Re: whats the worst present youve ever had

Postby Batty » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:45 pm

chris.ph wrote:i received shampoo gift set a couple of years ago, not to bad i here you say except ive got no hair :lol: wots your worst present :?:

chris, we once gave our step-dad a pesent of a can of polish, a cleaning cloth and a toothless comb for Christmas.
He was bald and we told him it was a hair-care kit!
He enjoyed our sense of humour, so he never took offence!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:57 am

A 'friend' of mine once asked me to make a copy of a CD that she had. She didn't have any blank discs, so I used one of mine and even put it in a case for her. She then gave it back to me as a Christmas present. :roll:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Morty » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:55 am

I think my cat has special powers and she is sending me subliminal signals and slowly but surely I’m turning into a nocturnal animal. 3.00am in the morning and I’m wide awake. Round about lunchtime I just know I’ll be falling asleep..... :cry:

Also got an overwhelming craving for fish :shock:

Anyway back on topic I can honestly say I have never had a bad Christmas present. Having said that about 3 weeks before Christmas I used to drop hints the size of a small planet to anyone I considered was going to get me something :evil:

Now if someone starts a thread on best Christmas prezzie.......... ......
Morty

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:21 am

I know what you mean Lord Morty.

It's 3 am UK time and I too am wide awake.

Coincidence or what? :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Morty » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:28 am

Ha Ha.....Great minds

You have a PM :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:33 am

You have 2 pms :lol: :lol: :lol:

Got a lesson soon.

Bye
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Quark » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:01 am

A 'friend' of mine once asked me to make a copy of a CD that she had. She didn't have any blank discs, so I used one of mine and even put it in a case for her. She then gave it back to me as a Christmas present.

Ouch. That's really got to stink.
Reminds me of the scene in Red Dwarf where Dave discovers that Rimmer had several thousand pounds saved up but never told him. Paraphrasing:

'And you actually had the nerve to borrow 15 pounds off me to buy me a birthday present. And what do I get? A five pound book voucher!'
Quark

Re: whats the worst present youve ever had

Postby kakaze » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:36 am

chris.ph wrote:i received shampoo gift set a couple of years ago, not to bad i here you say except ive got no hair :lol: wots your worst present :?:

Ha! They used that exact situation for a gift-card commercial here this year!

One year I got 5 tubes of toothpaste (one from each member of my family).
kakaze

Postby Quark » Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:04 am

What kind of person gets a tube of toothpaste for their relatives for Christmas?
Quark

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:08 am

Wasn't a Christmas present, but a B-day present.

I went to an environmental college (Unity College) and my parents thought it would be nice to get me something 'outdoorsie'.

It was a wooden carved eagels head. It was carved out of a stump and not protected in any way. It had a fine slime og mold on it and they did the rustic 'burning' to it. Looked like a chared, slimey, stump!

HORRIBLE!

When they left I walked down the street and through it into the woods to much applause from my wife! She didn't even ask me to, I just did it!
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby janet » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:28 am

Not mine but my daughter was given toiletries taken from the hotel where her father stayed for his holidays....not even giftwrapped :evil:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Dotsie » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:58 am

Some people are so thoughtful :roll:

I can't think of any bad presents. I mean, there are some I didn't like much but that wasn't the giver's fault. But one year my mum bought me some underwear & said "If you don't like them, I still have the receipt so just let me know & you can get something else". Well they weren't me at all, so I asked for the receipt and... she was gutted. I felt like the worst daughter ever.

She still says the same thing. But I have learned to gush enthusiastically :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby kakaze » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:10 pm

Quark wrote:What kind of person gets a tube of toothpaste for their relatives for Christmas?

At the time I was boycotting Christmas. The idea that we were expected, almost required to give gifts, just because of the date, really annoyed me.

Whenever anyone asked what I'd like for Christmas, I'd say "I could really use a tube of toothpaste; I'm almost out."

It had nothing at all to do with my breath or the state of my teeth I think.
kakaze

Next

Return to The Broken Drum