Christmas presents....What have you been buying and for whom

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:34 pm

chris.ph wrote:sorry i ve been quiet last few days rosanna s 84 yr old father fell on the ice and broke his hip on the 24th so when youve finished with the crutch morty give us a lend :shock:

Is that a Lame excuse? Image :wink:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Dotsie » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:27 pm

Morty wrote:I MADE IT TO THE TOP :lol: .

GET IN! :lol:

Also loved the picture of my house. But you can't quite make out the swimming pool & 4 car garage :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Morty » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:43 pm

Huhhh do I have to do everything.....All you had to do Dotsie was use a couple of very simple programs...

Fogremover and Zoomin and your house can be clearly seen....Come on Girl try to keep up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice pad Dotsie.....What does Mr. Dotsie do for a living or does breeding rabbits really make that much money :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby swreader » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:14 pm

Congratulations Morty (not just on the climb) on surviving the train crash! Your climb is all the more amazing given the weather. And I approve of your charities (sorry I didn't get back to you before).

I'm sending the money I'd have spent on Christmas Cards this year to Greg Mortenson's Central Asia Institute.

For those of you not familiar with the work done by these people who are dedicated to bringing education - especially for girls-- in Pakistan and Afganistan. Seems an appropriate way to spread PEACE ON EARTH.

And for anyone who has not already read Three Cups of Tea and his new book, Stones into Schools, Greg Mortenson has been building schools in the remote areas of both countries, as well as dealing with the aftereffects of the Earthquake of 2006 in Pakistan. Since his first promise to build a school in a remote village where he had been cared for after losing his way down from a failed attempt to climb K-2 in 1993 through the present he has founded the Central Asia Insititute which has built or supported 133 schools and become perhaps one of the best forces for peace in this area.
swreader

Postby Morty » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:56 am

chris.ph wrote:sorry i ve been quiet last few days rosanna s 84 yr old father fell on the ice and broke his hip on the 24th so when youve finished with the crutch morty give us a lend :shock:

Chris the crutches are yours if you need them. I don't need them for anything to do with the stroke. The stroke hit my right side but my balance wasn't too badly affected. I managed to pick up a very nasty infection in my left leg and its that that left me needed crutches.

Its going to take some getting over breaking a hip at 84 years of age. All I can say is that I hope he makes a quick and complete recovery.
Morty

Postby chris.ph » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:41 am

cheers morty but i think jans housemate is more desperate for them :shock: you will have to look after him hand and foot jan :wink:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Morty » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:07 am

chris.ph wrote:cheers morty but i think jans housemate is more desperate for them :shock: you will have to look after him hand and foot jan :wink:

I can't wait to hear Jan's repy to your post Chris. I'm off to find some cotton wool to stuff in me ears.......PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:
Morty

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:26 pm

Not really :lol: He has a zimmer frame for now and he's getting the crutches made for him for next Tues/Weds.

Chris - hand and foot my *rse! :lol: Or rather his - it's the bits in between his extremities that're causing most logistical problems. :roll: :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chris.ph » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:50 pm

pmsl :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:24 pm

Chris how did the paint brushes go down as a prezzie. :lol: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby And » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:26 am

I got Unseen Academicals and gave Frankie Boyle's bio and Peter Kay's Saturday Night Peter .. as well as a large amount of High School Musical and Harry Potter merchandise for grandchildren.
And

Postby chris.ph » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:43 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Chris how did the paint brushes go down as a prezzie. :lol: :mrgreen:

they were purdey brushes mind but she did hit the roof i waited an hour before i gave her the watch she was chuffed then and i was off the hook :lol: :lol:
chris.ph

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum