Not Good

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Not Good

Postby Lady Vetinari » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:42 pm

I had some bad news recently - I don't want to go into detail but a friend of mine has gone missing and wiped many friends and all his family off his FB list. So don't know how I am going to be the next few days... if I snap or bitch it's just stress...
Sorry in advance!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:50 pm

*HUGS* :(

Give them time. They are sending a clear message that they don't want to be contacted, so there's really nothing much you can do until they decide otherwise. The ball is in their court and, although I understand you might be upset or worried, you just have to be patient.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:54 pm

*hugs* don't worry Lady V - you know where to find the safety nets don't you? :)

I'm sure your friend isn't really rejecting everyone who loves him and hopefully he'll be found soon and given the support he needs. And we're here for you whatever happens :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Morty » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:12 pm

Good evening Lady V,

I’m guessing that FB stands for Face Book. I had a Facebook account until I realized that everyone can see details about everyone else so I blocked all my friends and had my account deleted.

Hopefully that is all your friend has done.

Obviously you know this person and you are bound to be worried. I have broad shoulders so if you need someone to ‘’Snap and Bitch ‘’ at please feel free to snap and bitch all you like to me. I promise I’ll take it like a man.

That means in public I’ll appear to brave and the perfect gentleman and in private I'll sulk and behave like a teenager :oops:

Try not to worry and I’m sure your friend will back soon.
Morty

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm quite tough, I won't cry if you're mean :) Hope you find your friend soon (((HUGS)))
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Hope everything turns out allright :)
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Batty » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:57 pm

Moan and snap away! If ranting helps to ease your tension then we'll all understand, and you know us well enough by now to know that we won't judge you.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby chris.ph » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:51 pm

hope everything turns out ok for your friend lady v :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Lord Ponsamby-Smyth » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:09 pm

Lady V, I hope that your friend will get in touch with you, or someone else soon, even if its only to say that they are okay.

When friends dissapear of our radar we do tend to fear the worst, thus prepairing us for the worst news, but 99% of the time there are a very good reason why they did this, and they return to the fold a better person for this.

Lets hope the news of your friend is soon rectified, and your worrying is over.
Back in da house....
Lord Ponsamby-Smyth

Re: Not Good

Postby kakaze » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:39 pm

Lady Vetinari wrote:I had some bad news recently - I don't want to go into detail but a friend of mine has gone missing and wiped many friends and all his family off his FB list. So don't know how I am going to be the next few days... if I snap or bitch it's just stress...
Sorry in advance!

One of my best friends vanished once. He was hard to keep in contact with because he'd just move from friend's house to friend's house, about once a month. The last time I saw him he'd bought a $500 van and had gone on a "road tour" with his stripper girlfriend and one of her coworkers (he was acting as her "manager").

Seven years later I find him on myspace. He's gone back to school and gotten a degree. :)
kakaze

Postby cols » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:53 pm

Hope it all works out Lady V
cols

Postby Tristan » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:34 pm

I hope everything is fine, Lady V and you'll soon hear something from your friend.

*hugs*
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby Catch-up » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:13 pm

Sorry about your friend Lady V. :( Hope things turn out well.
Catch-up

Return to The Broken Drum