Ideas for discworld models.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:05 pm

Mere amazement is not enough to describe my emotions. Fisking Brilliant is the closest I can come. You are a true artist. *bow*
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:32 pm

lynall wrote:I haven't done any of the witches series yet but i love the idea of her staff touching a pumpkin Tristan!! is there any way you could get me a picture? i have had a look on google but i've had no luck :(. I think i will do that next as the pumpkin can be the base and the staff will stand on it at a angle.

Lovely work lynall. :D

Just a quick comment on Magrat and the pumpkin - it's not a staff it's a fairy godmothering 'wand' that has twistable sections on it and Magrat couldn't get it off the pumpkin setting. :P I think it was made of wood though, but I'm sure there's a pretty good description of it in Witches Abroad quite near the start of the book either as Desiderata Hollow is waiting for Death to claim her or when Magrat gets the wand delivered to her - I do know that it's described as 'slim' (or the package it's in is) at one point so a staff, as in wizards staff, wouldn't quite do.

On the subject of staffs though there's lots of interesting staff's around, especially Esk's (Equal Rites) and also Coin's metal one (Sourcery), or indeed the one with the 'Nob on the End' that Nanny's always singing about - oh! And Greebo of course (cat incarnation) :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:13 pm

lynall wrote:wow! thanks for all the replies guys!

Danny and Tony thanks for the comment about the hat. I hope the university like it too haha. + Danny thanks for the squeak comment.

Kakaze thanks for all those ideas!, i am not to good at people though :( ... well to be honest i have only ever made these 3 models, i just made rings and bracelets etc before and i think trying 'Moist Von Lipvig' for example would be to hard for me. (i'm actually listening to Going postal atm too :)

+ Whos wee dug. I'll save that qoute for a model i do of something to do with death. That is perfect for him thanks! :D I need a something that any discworld fan who looks at it would go 'aahhh thats .....' have you got any ideas. I was thinking maybe a hourglass or something. hhmmm
How about a few banana's or a bunch with maybe with a label saying OOOK no mistaken that for the Librarian's property. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:24 pm

lynall wrote:

Thanks for that link Tony!

I have seen his great a'tuin pendants when i first thought of doind these models. I hope i can talk to him about the stuff hes done on here soon!
Send him a PM - he's a really nice guy and I'm sure he'd love to talk to you. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby lynall » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:44 am

I thought of some of the book actually Sjoerd but im not to sure how i would do them yet. I was also thinking of making a few signs for the streets around ankh morpork. If anyone has any pictures of anything i would love to see them as i'm more of a visual person lol.

Tina A.k.a thanks a lot! its nice to know some other people like these too. if you have any ideas or good pieces please let me know :)

Thanks for the info Jan Va Quirm. I did think of the staff out of sorcery but i put it aside when i started my sign. I need to get a pic of margets wand / staff so i can figure how i would make it really.

Who wee dug i love that idea! i could make about 6 and have them connected at the top with silver wire made t look like rope with the label.

Tony whats his name on here? i'd lov to chat to him about this.

Thanks for all these ideas everyone.
lynall

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:41 am

lynall wrote:
Tony whats his name on here? i'd lov to chat to him about this.

Thanks for all these ideas everyone.

He's called barrie on this site. The link will give you his profile to PM or his email address. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby lynall » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:02 pm

Thanks for that link again Tony, i'll give him a PM when i haven't been on my laptop for hours...

Im in the shop again tomorrow so i'll try and get some more done. When i finish them i will post up some pics.

I've had a good idea about a model too :)
lynall

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum