Dotsie wrote:Sjoerd3000 wrote:Here you can watch an instruction on how to eat a stroopwaffel
Oops, just scoffed them out of the packet
Tristan wrote:I have opened it!
My present is FANTASTIC!! I really love it, and I am so happy I got it! I have been wondering for weeks what was hidden in the envelope, but I never considered it would be that great!
I got many different things, I'll try to enumerate them all:
* A (hardcover) card of the US Unseen Academicals cover, which actually has a special PIN-number (to download an excerpt from the book). It's great, I'm going to put it on the first page of my diary (or somewhere where I can see it every day)!
* A Hogswatch card with an illustration of Ankh-Morpork and people writing Hogswatch cards, I love it!
* REAL Ankh-Morpork post office stamps. The person who send me this gift has obviously travelled a lot in the Discworld - there's this extremely rare one from Klatch, a 1-pence stamp from Sto Helit, stamps from almost every guild in Ankh-Morpork, and my favourite - a one-dollar stamp with the Tower of Art.
* Discworld beer stickers. "Old Kingdom" and "Ridcully's revenge", these stickers are from the official discworld beer edition in 2003. There's even a pouring guide. "When glass is empty, stop drinking." I also received a small "Founder's Ale" sticker from the Unseen University boathouse brewery and let's not forget "Bonk beer - Überwald pilsner" (I guess it's tea with alcohol )
* Three other discworld cards: one of "Wit & Wisdom", one from Dr Sigismund Zellter (which book? I have to read about it! ) and another one, which I can't even describe ("The address only to be written on this side. If anything else is added, the post card will be destroyed." )
* Discworld picture cards, with many different discworld-related pictures on them, for the true fan.
I still don't know who the sender is - there's no name, my only clue is the return addres - Hanwell. So, mysterious sender, thank you for this wonderful present!
And guys, your presents are fantastic, too! When I see what you all have got I can't help but wonder if my present was as good. It was all a little bit improvised, but I hope the receiver likes it. And by the way, Beth, I signed it, too - I had no idea it had to be kept secret after it was opened.
chris.ph wrote:have you noticed that we have all consistently ignored the budget
poohcarrot wrote:Can I have one too?
I'll swap you for some shredded curious squid.
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests