hogswatch presents

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:45 pm

and i still dont know who sent me mine :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:15 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Sjoerd3000 wrote:Here you can watch an instruction on how to eat a stroopwaffel :wink:

Oops, just scoffed them out of the packet :oops:

do you want another packet so you can try again? :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tristan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:57 pm

Tristan wrote:I have opened it! :D

My present is FANTASTIC!! I really love it, and I am so happy I got it! I have been wondering for weeks what was hidden in the envelope, but I never considered it would be that great!

I got many different things, I'll try to enumerate them all:
* A (hardcover) card of the US Unseen Academicals cover, which actually has a special PIN-number (to download an excerpt from the book). It's great, I'm going to put it on the first page of my diary (or somewhere where I can see it every day)! :D
* A Hogswatch card with an illustration of Ankh-Morpork and people writing Hogswatch cards, I love it!
* REAL Ankh-Morpork post office stamps. :D The person who send me this gift has obviously travelled a lot in the Discworld - there's this extremely rare one from Klatch, a 1-pence stamp from Sto Helit, stamps from almost every guild in Ankh-Morpork, and my favourite - a one-dollar stamp with the Tower of Art.
* Discworld beer stickers. :lol: "Old Kingdom" and "Ridcully's revenge", these stickers are from the official discworld beer edition in 2003. There's even a pouring guide. "When glass is empty, stop drinking." :lol: I also received a small "Founder's Ale" sticker from the Unseen University boathouse brewery and let's not forget "Bonk beer - Überwald pilsner" (I guess it's tea with alcohol :mrgreen:)
* Three other discworld cards: one of "Wit & Wisdom", one from Dr Sigismund Zellter (which book? I have to read about it! ;)) and another one, which I can't even describe ("The address only to be written on this side. If anything else is added, the post card will be destroyed." :lol: )
* Discworld picture cards, with many different discworld-related pictures on them, for the true fan. :)

I still don't know who the sender is - there's no name, my only clue is the return addres - Hanwell. So, mysterious sender, thank you for this wonderful present!

And guys, your presents are fantastic, too! When I see what you all have got I can't help but wonder if my present was as good. :roll: It was all a little bit improvised, but I hope the receiver likes it. And by the way, Beth, I signed it, too - I had no idea it had to be kept secret after it was opened.

Here you go! :D
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:53 am

chris.ph wrote:have you noticed that we have all consistently ignored the budget :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup yup yup, Shipping was a bugger too. :lol:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby ColinEdwards » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:06 am

Having spent the weekend running about after my teenage son who has the most serious case of tonsilitis our GP has ever seen, I suddenly realised this morning I had completely missed Hogswatch!

Whoever it was that secretly sent the lovely little Hedgehog - thank you very much! He is very appealing and now sits in my display cabinet smiling knowingly at Nanny Ogg :-)

A belated but very Happy Hogswatch everyone!
When much is taken, something is returned.
ColinEdwards

Postby Dotsie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:55 am

Sjoerd3000 wrote:do you want another packet so you can try again? :P

Yes! :lol: :lol: :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:57 am

Can I have one too? :lol:

I'll swap you for some shredded curious squid.
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Beth » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:22 pm

OH BUGGER. Did I write in the card where everything came from? My memory goes more every day. Just in case:

handmade (by Beth) black pearl earrings in a golden gauze bag - black pearls purchased in Manila, amethyst here

traditional carved wooden box
repro antique Indian comb
4 x bindis (I love bindis Very Happy ) - these three purchased here

keychain from Bhutan - *rolls eyes* Bhutan obviously when we took our trip there last October.

nice big carton of green tea (do I need this just now! Very Happy ) - I bought this outside of Shanghai and it was freshly harvested

and the nifty blue and gold embroidery device in the middle of it all is on the lovely dark red meditation bag everything's laid out on - I purchased the meditation bag in McLeod Gang Dharamsala where the Dalai Lama and his people have been given exile in India
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:34 pm

:lol: Yes you did put all that in the card Beth - I'm hellishy lazy with hard text as you can't c/p it of course so I edited massively :oops:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:43 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Can I have one too? :lol:

I'll swap you for some shredded curious squid.

sure what's your adress? and I need 10 euros to sent it to Japan :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Beth » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:07 am

Can someone fess up to sending mine? I will get a picture up shortly. I'm just so excited about the football cards as I WANTED those. I've been using my Death mug every day!
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:07 pm

Someone Please Fess up for Chris.ph too :lol: :lol: I signed my card and well, international shipping you Have to put your name on it. :lol:

Edit: I had some shredded squid when I was 16 and EWWWWWW! Tis a good thing I don't live in Japan. :wink: Since you are swimming to South Korea you chicken, I shall lie on the beach in Malibu in my mind... :P
Last edited by Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby chris.ph » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:09 pm

i know they are in the uk and i will suss out who it is so i can thank them personally :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:08 pm

I want to know too chris - I 'd like to find out who shares my bubble wrap fetish :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby cols » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 pm

Beth wrote:Can someone fess up to sending mine? I will get a picture up shortly. I'm just so excited about the football cards as I WANTED those. I've been using my Death mug every day!

Glad you liked them Beth :D :D
cols

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum