hogswatch presents

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Danny B » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:48 am

Since it's after midnight where I am, since I have to visit both my father and my mother-in-law tomorrow (who happen to share a birthday on the 29th. With the legendary Ryan Giggs, in fact. I shan't be visiting him as well, though.), since I've had a few beers and since I've waited long enough already, I opened mine. May I say... LOVE THEM!

I received two lovely cards, one from my secret Hogfather and since he wasn't able to think of what to get me, one from the five Lancre witches, to whom he outsourced the task.

From my secret Hogfather

From the five Witches (Front side)

From the five Witches (Rear side)

As gifts I received...

From Magrat:- Seeds of her favourite flowers

From Agnes:- A bar of her favourite chocolate

From Perdita:- Black roses

From Nanny:- A humorously pig themed pen, from one writer to another with the wish that it aids my pursuit of writing.:)

From Mistress Weatherwax:- A small white kitten, named "YOU!!"

The presents

Our cat, investigating said presents, to determine if anything there was edible.

Using my incredible, almost Holmesian, powers of deduction*, I have to thank my secret Hogfather most profusely for such lovely gifts. Thank you........ Tristan!!

The thought and imagination that's been put into it by everyone so far, is astonishing. I feel embarrassed about the gift that I sent, now. :oops:

*Also, my secret Hogfather signed it.
Danny B

Postby Tristan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:06 am

Danny B wrote:Since it's after midnight where I am, since I have to visit both my father and my mother-in-law tomorrow (who happen to share a birthday on the 29th. With the legendary Ryan Giggs, in fact. I shan't be visiting him as well, though.), since I've had a few beers and since I've waited long enough already, I opened mine. May I say... LOVE THEM!

I received two lovely cards, one from my secret Hogfather and since he wasn't able to think of what to get me, one from the five Lancre witches, to whom he outsourced the task.

From my secret Hogfather

From the five Witches (Front side)

From the five Witches (Rear side)

As gifts I received...

From Magrat:- Seeds of her favourite flowers

From Agnes:- A bar of her favourite chocolate

From Perdita:- Black roses

From Nanny:- A humorously pig themed pen, from one writer to another with the wish that it aids my pursuit of writing.:)

From Mistress Weatherwax:- A small white kitten, named "YOU!!"

The presents

Our cat, investigating said presents, to determine if anything there was edible.

Using my incredible, almost Holmesian, powers of deduction*, I have to thank my secret Hogfather most profusely for such lovely gifts. Thank you........ Tristan!!

The thought and imagination that's been put into it by everyone so far, is astonishing. I feel embarrassed about the gift that I sent, now. :oops:

*Also, my secret Hogfather signed it.

I'm really glad you like it. And also, one thing - I'm sure I spelt Lancre incorrectly. :lol: So sorry 'bout that. And sorry about the far-too-long-story I wrote on the card. And I hope the witches have (wisely) chosen the right present for you.

And one last thing, my English could be waaay better. So if there are any mistakes, forgive me. :P

And just to mention, it's not only Agnes' favourite chocolate. It's delicious, try it (if your cat hasn't eaten it by now). :D
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby Danny B » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:18 am

Tristan wrote:And just to mention, it's not only Agnes' favourite chocolate. It's delicious, try it (if your cat hasn't eaten it by now). :D

I already have...

As someone who's spent the past several years looking at the 70% cocoa chocolate bar trend with disdain ("Cadbury's has been good enough for my grandparents and parents, it's good enough for me as well!"), it came as a revelation. :shock: I've only eaten one piece, twenty minutes ago and that gorgeously bitter tang is still on my tongue.

I need to thank you not only for the gifts (which are wonderful and very much appreciated :)), but on behalf of my taste buds, for the education as to what they've been missing by living without high percentage chocolate for so long.;)
Danny B

Postby Beth » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:30 am

Jan glad you like the earrings. I made them. :)
"If I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!" Eubie Blake on turning 100
Beth

Postby AgnesOgg » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:20 am

AgnesOgg wrote:I got a lovely framed notice that says that I`m a purveyor of fynest pills, salves and ointments. By royal appoyntemente, no less :D :D :D If you need any, my apothecary is in 6 Lobbin Clout :lol:

Thank you!!!

If there is a secret hogfather next year I think I will knit something in the spirit of Mrs Whitlow....

oops...purveyor? Dispenser! I posted last nigth under the influence of quite a lot of champagne....am not sure what a purveyor does, can`t find my dictionary :? ...but I dispense and make tinctures, mixtures, pills, suppositories, extracts etc :)
And I might still be tipsy... :oops:
no, it`s a hippopotamus!
AgnesOgg

Postby Dotsie » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:09 am

I got a Neil Gaiman book (Odd and the frost giants) and some stroopwaffels :D Thanks Sjoerd! :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:18 pm

I received a Discworld calendar, now I can unseal it asI opened the package mistakenly early,which is really great.

And I think it was CHEERY the secret Hogfather :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: thank you very much.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:33 pm

Dotsie wrote:I got a Neil Gaiman book (Odd and the frost giants) and some stroopwaffels :D Thanks Sjoerd! :wink:

You´re welcome :D It must have been the stroopwaffels that gave my identity away :lol:
Here you can watch an instruction on how to eat a stroopwaffel :wink:
Hope you will like Odd and the frost giants I enjoyed it very much :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:41 pm

I'm writing this on behalf of Sharlene. As I knew who was sending to whom, I got my secret Hogfather to send a gift to Sharlene instead. :)

Luckily it's a gift we can both share as it's lots and lots of handmade chocolate lollipops shaped like Death and a Hogswatch Piggy. :D

Thanks Secret Hogfather - from the both of us. I'll try and post a picture of the lollipops later. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:55 pm

Thank you Catch Up! I received a Divine 70% dark chocolate bar (and I love dark chocolate) & a leather book mark.
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby cols » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:59 pm

I just opened mine and I'm beaming with happiness , they're so cool :D :D
I got a plaster cast of Death's Head - Which is sitting in pride of place on the fire place!
and some really , really cool Magnetic Artwork Stamps which are lovely and very apt since am reading Going Postal right now and Moist is just designing his stamps where I am in the book so really sooo perfect!!

Thank you so much to my secret Hogfather - Your gifts have truely made me beam today :D :D
cols

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:57 pm

Nicked the housemate's camera which does talk to the computer :twisted:

So here's the positive cornucopia of Hogswatch gifts that Beth's sent over :D

and from top middle clockwise:-
handmade (by Beth) black pearl earrings in a golden gauze bag
card with 2 Hindu deities canoodling on a cloud with a Hogswatch moon :P
traditional carved wooden box
repro antique Indian comb
4 x bindis (I love bindis :D )
keychain from Bhutan
nice big carton of green tea (do I need this just now! :D )

and the nifty blue and gold embroidery device in the middle of it all is on the lovely dark red meditation bag everything's laid out on :lol:

Thank you again Beth - when I saw the package was from India I knew there'd be something really interesting inside but I was rather flabbergasted at the well-chosen collection, especially the earrings as I've been hunting for something to go with my beads for ages and was beginning to think I wouldn't find anything I really like *hugs again!* :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:10 pm

I am amazed and flabbergasted at the variety and uniqueness of the pressies everyone got. I am so happy to see that everyone loved them. It truly was a Merry Hogswatch for one and all. Also, some of the original artwork that is showing up is freakin' brilliant.

Thanks again Beth and Tony!!

edit: I am still chuckling about the idea of the lot of us sending cases of Stroopwaffels to Terry, with him wandering through a maze of them in the yard cussing the sky blue! :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:44 am

Sjoerd3000 wrote:Here you can watch an instruction on how to eat a stroopwaffel :wink:

Oops, just scoffed them out of the packet :oops:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:44 pm

have you noticed that we have all consistently ignored the budget :lol: :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum